Through-collar coffin keezer? (No tower)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickSledge

Reaction score
Thanks, first of all, to this forum and its members for all of the great information, pictures, and tutorials on keezers. I never realized how desperately I needed one.

So I'm planning my own keezer build, and I like the simplicity and lower cost of through-collar faucets, and the aesthetics and utility of the wood coffins. But looking over the keezer threads, and I've yet to see a framed and enclosed keezer without a tower. I can't be the first person to want to build a coffin keezer with through-collar faucets, can I?

Can anyone direct me to some build threads like that? Or tell me why it's a stupid idea?

I think the main challenge would be keeping everything sealed properly. To have both a collar and a wood enclosure on the outside, you'd need a collar thick enough (almost like a "double collar") to both seal the keezer and match up with the wood enclosure. Didn't find any threads on something like this, but if you do it, post pics! :mug:

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but my Keezer is a collar keezer with a complete wood enclosure around the freezer and lid. If this is what you are looking for check out the YAKB (Yet Another Keezer Build) thread.

Latest posts

Back