Beer Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerednai

Reaction score
Ok this is my first Keezer build. My plan is to build a Keezer without a collar and have a beer tower instead and cut a hole in the freezer lid for the tower. I’m considering this 3” tower: Polished Stainless Steel Triple Faucet Draft Tower - 14" Tall - 3" Diameter Column - Perlick Faucets | BeverageFactory.com
Is there any reason I should go with a 4” micromatic instead??
I don’t want to use a 3” tower if I'll regret it and want to use a 4” instead. I’d rather just start with the 4”..
Thanks for your input!

How many faucets will you be running?

fwiw, I have a 6 faucet T-tower with a 3" column and there is plenty of room inside for the lines (especially since switching to the 5/16" OD EVAbarrier tubing vs the old school 7/16" OD Bevlex 200 vinyl a few years ago), a 1" ID tower cooler tube, and a neoprene insulation sleeve. I wouldn't go for a 4" column unless there was a compelling reason, just to avoid the extra thermal loss potential. Plus at some point column diameter starts looking clunky :)

Cheers!

A 3" should serve you well with 3 faucets, especially if you go with the EVAbarrier 4mm ID tubing (highly recommended!)
For the record I was wondering "aloud": having never seen a 4" column I don't know if it would actually be clunky looking or not :)

Cheers!

I agree that the 4" 3-tap tower looks clunky.
Here is a photo of my 4" 4-tap T tower which has a 3" horizontal section.

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
Just a heads up. A 3" tower makes the faucets rather close together. The size of the tap handles becomes a clearance issue.

OK thanks BrewAgain. I have the 3" Tower on order already so I guess I'll have a look at it when it turns up.

Latest posts

Back