This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My department used to do a pot luck lunch once a month, where we were supposed to bring enough for 20+ people, and then have a departmental meeting during lunch. It was expensive on each of us feeding that many people AND we had to give up our lunches.

Maintenance (oil change) reminders on cars that just come on when it is time to change the oil, but don't show you the percentage of life remaining.

This mainly sucks because I have 2 cars that are like this, and one that shows percentages. The two with the light only get driven much less than the 3rd. Sure enough, the week after I change the oil in two of them, the third came on. Now I get to drag out the stuff 2 weekends in a row.

Poetry, more specifically poetry readings. Especially in a place that you don't expect to encounter one.

It's like everyone is always very detached from reality.

...says the golf playing tiger with his pet rooster

A woman who brewed in the nude
Was known as exceedingly crude
She boiled up a milk stout
But how the lacto came about
Is fantasy for any brew dude

There was once a lady from Nantucket
To start a siphon she'd suck it
Without using a pump
Without any slump
She'd fill bottles from her bucket.

When you borrow a recipe, please
Stay close to the program so these
Other readers won't hear
That you hated the beer
That had little in common with OP's

I once posted a recipe that was an accident with regards to ingredient selection. It turned out ironically well and rather cheap. So I posted it. I was chided by beer snobs, that said it couldn't possibly be good.

It was aggravating to say the least.

I once posted a recipe that was an accident with regards to ingredient selection. It turned out ironically well and rather cheap. So I posted it. I was chided by beer snobs, that said it couldn't possibly be good.

Please share, so we can mock it

I mean, borrow it

;)

Reactions: Kee
Please criticize my recipe but send me two bottles of your best so I can compare.

my best would be no better than your worst, but I will comply

;)

& my sole contribution to the recipe database should be mocked

Please share, so we can mock it

I mean, borrow it

;)

Please criticize my recipe but send me two bottles of your best so I can compare.

my best would be no better than your worst, but I will comply

;)

& my sole contribution to the recipe database should be mocked

I bought a 3.3lb can "hopped" LME by accident. Presumably mixed up on the shelf.

Rather than return it I figured out what to do with it. Didn't want to drive 100 miles just to return the LME.

It's fast beer that doesn't require a long boil. Used left over ingredients that I had laying around.

I created a light beer that used the hopped extract, with 1lb of honey, and a flame out hop addition. So....

Basically boil 5.0 gallons of water, kill heat, add honey, boil, 5 minutes, kill heat, add the hopped extract, boil 5 minutes, add 1/2-1oz noble hops, boil a minute and flame out. Chill and pitch US-05.

It was so BAD that I made it 3 or 4 times more, with light, extra light, amber and dark.

Now you can let em rip.... Derogatory comments please.

I bought a 3.3lb can "hopped" LME by accident. Presumably mixed up on the shelf.

Rather than return it I figured out what to do with it. Didn't want to drive 100 miles just to return the LME.

It's fast beer that doesn't require a long boil. Used left over ingredients that I had laying around.

I created a light beer that used the hopped extract, with 1lb of honey, and a flame out hop addition. So....

Basically boil 5.0 gallons of water, kill heat, add honey, boil, 5 minutes, kill heat, add the hopped extract, boil 5 minutes, add 1/2-1oz noble hops, boil a minute and flame out. Chill and pitch US-05.

It was so BAD that I made it 3 or 4 times more, with light, extra light, amber and dark.

Now you can let em rip.... Derogatory comments please.

That's horrible? or great? meh?

I made a horrible LME beer while testing if my tap water was suitable for brewing

It is not and I called that batch Feet & Ass Mild

I made a horrible LME beer while testing if my tap water was suitable for brewing

It is not and I called that batch Feet & Ass Mild

I once captured wild yeast off my deck in the spring. Pitched it on 3 gallons of 1.050 OG, 20 IBU wheat wort.

Few days later it smelled like barf while fermenting. (Yes I sniff air locks). It had reddish-brown bubbly gross looking foam.

When it was 6 months old, I pulled a sample, with the wine thief. I had a nice floral character. I decided to bottle, in bombers, a month later it tasted like leather glove dipped in barf.

It's six years old now and actually tastes pretty decent. Floral....maybe normal, but nothing special. I drink one or two a year. . I tell people what I did and they are shocked at the results. Maybe secretly pissed that I served it to them.

It's just Belgian style wild brew.

I think my sig still has the link. Doing this mobile, can't see it...

I once captured wild yeast off my deck in the spring. Pitched it on 3 gallons of 1.050 OG, 20 IBU wheat wort.

Few days later it smelled like barf while fermenting. (Yes I sniff air locks). It had reddish-brown bubbly gross looking foam.

When it was 6 months old, I pulled a sample, with the wine thief. I had a nice floral character. I decided to bottle, in bombers, a month later it tasted like leather glove dipped in barf.

It's six years old now and actually tastes pretty decent. Floral....maybe normal, but nothing special. I drink one or two a year. . I tell people what I did and they are shocked at the results. Maybe secretly pissed that I served it to them.

It's just Belgian style wild brew.

I think my sig still has the link. Doing this mobile, can't see it...

brewers who don't sniff their airlocks probably do other dumb sh*t, like not cleaning ice/snow off the roof of their car ;)

one of our local breweries has a microbiologist on staff who has collected and tested thousands of local strains. brewed with several of them at the brewery and sells them as a side job. (EDIT: ok, he's posted several times in the thread you linked in Myeast 50327, jaapie)

I'm brewing tomorrow with that brewery's house yeast. he gave me another strain to test for him. a Basque cider yeast I'm going to funk up my apple wine with as soon as tomorrow's batch is packaged

brewers who don't sniff their airlocks probably do other dumb sh*t, like not cleaning ice/snow off the roof of their car ;)

one of our local breweries has a microbiologist on staff who has collected and tested thousands of local strains. brewed with several of them at the brewery and sells them as a side job. (EDIT: ok, he's posted several times in the thread you linked in Myeast 50327, jaapie)

I'm brewing tomorrow with that brewery's house yeast. he gave me another strain to test for him. a Basque cider yeast I'm going to funk up my apple wine with as soon as tomorrow's batch is packaged

Wow - That's cool that some people have really made it work professionally. Especially from that thread. You'll have to post on how it goes.

****ING SKYPE.

guess I forgot to turn off automatic updates and now I have the latest, brokedick version again

says something about your software when regular uninstall doesn't work and you have to develop a "removal tool" for it

skype removal.JPG

Today it snowed about 8 inches.....

Let it be known because of this thread, I cleared the snow off of my roof of my car after doing the whole damned perimeter of the car. Then had to do it again because the it covered most of the windows afterwards.

Been awhile...

Yesterday in Chicago. I'm getting ready to turn left into a Greek Restaurant. I have to stop and yield to traffic. There is no turn lane. So I have to stop in the inside lane. The street is four lanes, two directions. I have my turn signal on....

Some mother effer behind me is honking, I mean honking repeatedly then laying on it solid.

Like WTF?

My stopping to yield to oncoming bothers you? Your honking isn't going to make me throw caution to the wind, turn into oncoming traffic or turn any faster.

I'm thinking....If you're in such a hurry maybe you should have left earlier.

I'm a Chicago boy. I know the intended use of the horn. This isn't it.

I usually use it for people sleep at the wheel, lights changed and they are texting. Or, people who don't have the right of way and are likely to cause an accident. General dumbasses. You know?

Been awhile...

Yesterday in Chicago. I'm getting ready to turn left into a Greek Restaurant. I have to stop and yield to traffic. There is no turn lane. So I have to stop in the inside lane. The street is four lanes, two directions. I have my turn signal on....

Some mother effer behind me is honking, I mean honking repeatedly then laying on it solid.

Like WTF?

My stopping to yield to oncoming bothers you? Your honking isn't going to make me throw caution to the wind, turn into oncoming traffic or turn any faster.

I'm thinking....If you're in such a hurry maybe you should have left earlier.

I'm a Chicago boy. I know the intended use of the horn. This isn't it.

I usually use it for people sleep at the wheel, lights changed and they are texting. Or, people who don't have the right of way and are likely to cause an accident. General dumbasses. You know?

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/u5hBaTnBLqg[/YouTube]

I love when people get stuck behind me in a turning situation. It happened all the time when I was delivering packages. Don't follow so close, and that doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back