Thermometer problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wellshooter

Reaction score
I don't really know where this should be posted so I decided to do it here. I purchased a CDN DTQ450X thermometer from Northern Brewer. While I was testing and calibrating and generally messing around with it, it quit working, on the day I got it. When turned on it wouldn't stay on. As soon as the on/off button was released it went off. I really liked it, extremely quick response time and easy to read digital dial. I bought a new battery for it but it didn't help.

I sent an email to Northern Brewer through their web contact and got a response from Tim within 15 minutes. He sent out a replacement the next morning and sent me a prepaid label to send the broken one back with. I got the replacement within 5 days via USPS. Not bad for USPS. When I un-boxed it I noticed NB had spent $5.50 shipping me the replacement plus what ever the return label cost them. As a businessman myself I know they lost money on that transaction. I just hope they can recoup their losses from the manufacturer CDN (which advertises a 5 yr warranty).

Just wanted to say Great Job Northern Brewer !!! You have a customer for life, and my friends will hear about this. Thanks again.:ban:

+1 on telling a positive story. I read a statistic that the average consumer tells 10 people about a bad customer/seller experience but only 1 person, on average, for a good experience. So kudos for sharing a great experience. You are ahead of the curve.
-Jefe-

This is what service is. The shame of it is that very often this is not what the customer receives, so a lot of people find it exceptional when they DO get it. I got a bad nylon bag from Midwest Supplies. I called them and they immediately shipped out a replacement, and didn't even ask that the defective one be returned. Service.

Back