The Second Annual Masstoberfest 10/3/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me a few minutes to figure out what you meant, I'm assuming you are asking about babysitting duties. I'll ask her if she's available. Alice won't be home till late in the day, she's taking her mother and daughter to Italy and they get back that evening.

PTN

Damn, I just found out that I'm scheduled to work on the 3rd. I'm going to try and switch shifts with someone.

Oh, if anyone is Minuteman Library Network card holder, the Waltham Public Library now has subscriptions to Brew Your Own and Winemaker magazines.

Always good to have a librarian in the family, you get first shot at all the good mags. Hey Cranky, do you spend any time searching for the American Pie Secret Manuel under the bottom shelves?

And no, Babalu, they are going on a cruise not a daytrip. But you are probably correct in your assumption of what I think about Obamance. Everyone better start taking vitamins and a lot of them.

PTN

Always good to have a librarian in the family, you get first shot at all the good mags. Hey Cranky, do you spend any time searching for the American Pie Secret Manuel under the bottom shelves?

And no, Babalu, they are going on a cruise not a daytrip. But you are probably correct in your assumption of what I think about Obamance. Everyone better start taking vitamins and a lot of them.

PTN

Tea, lots of tea

Alice won't be home till late in the day, she's taking her mother and daughter to Italy and they get back that evening.

PTN

My first thought when reading this was, they are going to ask the Pope for PTN's redemption, or something like that... Papal-ER sorta!

...or the Malbec has taken a turn for the worse and is in need of Papal blessing? OTHO, the Pope is from Munich... hmm.

Paul, it has come to my notice that you are having your event on the same night as the Bruin's season opener vs. Carolina and NESN isn't braodcasting it...

I find myself quandried and I am no longer as confident to my presence.

Hey Paul... I have... I dunno... maybe two or three pounds of left over pork in our freezer from our pig roast. I was thinking about bringing it in case your hog comes out the way it normally does... I figure I would still have something decent to eat.

Is there somewhere I could heat it up? Maybe a stove burner I could use for a couple of minutes? Or should I pack my little camping stove?

Cool, I would have felt bad telling you to send Kim even if you couldn't make it. I would have done it but I would have felt bad.

PTN

I don't blame you since she can drink more than me, and is hell of a lot more useful than me on wine making day.

(By the way, I picked up a dirt cheap wine press & crusher that I am going to restore this winter.)

Really don't fret about it, Rick. The way these things always work out is that everybody brings something and there is a ton of food and a ton of beer and no-one gets too worked up about anything. We're all just there to have a good time, this isn't the Food Network.

(Ok the beer geeks take the beer part pretty seriously but that's about it.)

Hey, who's thinking about signing up for the ompetition and what are you thinking of entering.

I'm going to enter my porter, a Belgian funkadelic that I have going on downstairs and maybe my IPA.

I'll enter my Oatmeal Imperial, Milk Stout, and Barley wine. How many others are entering?

Back