Patoka Lake Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormcrow

Reaction score
I'll start by saying that I am in no way affiliated with Patoka Lake Brewing in Birdseye, IN. Been there one time.
20230930_120622.jpg

The wife and I were in the area today. We like to hit French Lick and Patoka Lake every year on our little anniversary getaway and do some local wine and spirits tasting at the establishments in the region. (They never disappoint either. ) I was excited to see this year that they had opened up the new craft brewery at Patoka Lake.

I couldn't recommend it more. I tried a sample flight and was truly impressed by everything. The head brewer is a young man who was kind enough to hang around and talk with me for a good while. I told him I was impressed by the variety of styles they offered up. This wasn't ten IPAs and a blonde. There was only one IPA, three blondes, an imperial red, and various others. Truly something for everyone. They're getting ready to release a scottish ale and are going to barrel age some of that. There was also a cream ale on the menu. The brewer said it's all about knowing your customer base. Macros are king around here, and he shared that he hopes their lineup has plenty of options that will help folks cautiously wade into the broader craft territory. Seemed wise to me, and I can picture some of these beers being perfect for that.

That said, the imperial red and the stout would leave even the snobbiest of beer snobs satisfied. When the brewer found out that I homebrew, he was cool enough to talk shop for a little bit and even divulge a little about the grain bills.

If you're ever in the region, the lake is amazing, and I can honestly say so is the brewery. Highly recommend.

Latest posts

Back