The Most Terrible Beer Ever orrr The Worst Beer Of All Time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't resist posting this after seeing the opinions on Sam Adams Triple Bock. Its from this book I bought about 10+ years ago...

Copy_of_04120901.JPG

Anyways it was the second highest rated beer in his book. I bought some based on this review/score and about puked when I tried it. I figured I must not like high class beers. Here's his write up...

Copy_of_04120903.JPG

The one thing I have to say about the book is that it contained probably the best description I have ever seen of a Budweiser...

Copy_of_04120902.JPG

Miller 64 or whatever it's called is basically water. You may need to drink at least twenty of them within an hour to get a buzz, but that's impossible, because you'll be too busy pi**ing.

have you seen the commercials for that "flavored water"? I saw the one with the two guys hanging out a bar and I turned to my girlfriend and said if any of my guy friends ever ordered a Miller 64 to cut back on the calories...I'd have so punch them in the face.

What a terrible beer culture we have here in the states.

I have to say, for all the people who seem to have really disliked it...

I'm itchin' to try the Triple Bock for myself now.

i've had me some triple bock.. doesnt even taste like beer. not the worst thing i ever had but def not the best thing i ever had. like some weird barley wine or something....

DFH Festina Peche. It tastes as if someone urinated into a a bucket of peaches.

To each his own. I tried this brew at the DFH tour last weekend and really enjoyed it. The other four I was with didn't seem to like it so well, but maybe I've got underdeveloped beer appreciation :confused:

Delirium Tremons....I'm not sure, I was pretty drunk when I had it and it just didn't sit well with me.

B to the E was pretty nasty as well.

Worst drink ever. A drink concocted by a friend of mine called a 7bervod. 1 part 7up, 2 parts beer, 1 part vodka. Gets you effed up but does not taste good.

Change that up a bit to a 20oz of 7up, 2 beers, 1 pint of Vodka, AND a can of frozen concentrate and you have a Pitcher of Pain!

Its so wonderful. My head hurt for 2 days. :tank: j/k But really its awesome.

Can't remember if I've posted in this thread or not, but this beer deserves another mention anyway. Worst beer ever:

SeaDog Blueberry somethingorother.

Blueberry flavored bad wine coolerish beer. Yucko! I ate part of one, a friend took one swig of another, and the drain ate the rest.

I bought a chili beer last summer. It was a mexican lager w/ a jalapeno stuck inside the bottle. Between the 4 of us at the house passing it around, we couldn't choke down the entire bottle.

It was something from Chimay Brewing. But in fairness I was young, beer stupid, and hadn't developed my tastes past BMC. It deserves another try.

I can't call this in any way, shape, or form a "bad" beer, because far too many people that I respect consider it one of the best beers of all time.......

But I ended up dumping half a bottle of Rodenbach Grand Cru. Just not my thing. I like a lot of sour beers, but not vinegar-like sourness. I've had DFH's Berliner Weisse (which I'm assuming they're doing right with lacto), I've had some Brett-fermented beers that were absolutely outstanding.... but the Grand Cru, I just couldn't do.

Note that I'm also someone that bought a bottle of balsamic vinegar six years ago and has used it once.

So, absolutely NOT the worst beer of all time, but the worst beer I've had for my tastes.

I love sour beers, but I had to struggle to get through this one, it was like drinking vinegar.

The worst beer I remember having was in college, called Sierra Light. Uncarbonated as soon as you open it, warm urine all the way down.

I remember trying EKU 28, a German 11% double bock, back in my youth. It was really nasty, like straight molasses with an alcohol bite. I know my palate has chanced over the the years, but I still have no interest in trying that one again.

Samuel Adams Blackberry Whitbier.

I just purchased one of those Samuel Adam's Summer Variety packs. I took one taste of this Whitbier, then threw the rest of glass down the sink. I have tasted better cough medicine.

Worst beer I've had was at competition last year I had one entered in the specialty category that I believe was made using Wheat grass. Tasted like trying to drink a hay bale after it was used to bed down the the animals at the fair. It was awful.

Oh and as far as the Triple Bock goes. I'm gonna buy some more if I find it in Kansas again. I'll agree that at first it was very hard to tolerate. I put the cork back in and let it set for a couple days after opening it and then shared it with some friends and it really had some interesting flavors.

I just purchased one of those Samuel Adam's Summer Variety packs. I took one taste of this Whitbier, then threw the rest of glass down the sink. I have tasted better cough medicine.

I bought a sixer awhile back ,still have 5. I don't know what to do with it.

Worst beer ever for me are Natural Ice pounders. Back in my fraternity days we scammed the college into buying several truck loads of this for an all campus party. The stuff lasted forever. Every now and again a couple of guys who had the urge to get stupid and were broke would choke some down. We had a saying to go with the beer, "Getting used to drinking Natty Ice is like getting used to hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, it doesn't happen until your retarded."

There are two beers that come to mind for me:

O'Fallon Smoke - I thought I was drinking barbeque sauce
&
Wild Blue Blueberry Lager - I thought I was drinking juice

Curt

Aside from BMC, Wingwalker amber ale is one of the worst I've ever had.

I'll have to throw in a vote for Pete's Strawberry blonde also.

Two:

Rogue's Old Crustacean - Barleywine with sea water....tasted like a crab took a dump in it

Duchess de Bourgogne - tastes like worcestershire sauce

1.) Worst of all time - Schlitz Ice... we used to walk around frat parties and give it away just to watch their faces...
2.) For all you Mid Atlantic folks out there, when I lived in Ocean City, MD for a summer there was this beer... Maryland's Best that was 3.99 a case... a case. God what a horrible sensation... I had to step up and pay 5.99 a case for Natural Light...

Here's a review from someone:
Yankovitch333 (612), Chesapeake City, Maryland, USA
0.5 Aroma Appearance Flavor Palate Overall
1/10 1/5 1/10 1/5 1/20
Jan 29, 2003
I found this beer at a local liquor store not long ago. Since I am from Maryland I thought it would be something neat to try. I bought a six pack and it was about $2.00. The can is very interesting. It has a list of foods that go well with this beer. And the can also has a map of Maryland on it, but the map is wrong. The map also includes part of Virginia. This should have warned me not to buy it. But it's said Maryland's Best on the can. I had to try it. Eventhough it's brewed in Milwaukee. When I got home I poured one in a glass. It was very light and had almost no head. It smelled like chemicals, and it tasted like it was made from an old bale of hay. It was the worst beer I ever had. I managed to suck the one beer down but it was hard. I gave the other five away to this Belgian guy that I know. He loved them. But he also thinks Budweiser is wonderful.

Chili beer for sure. I thought "Oooo, what a novel idea, and I like chilis so why not?". I wish they would have sold singles so I wouldnt have wasted as much money on the six pack. I couldnt give them away.

But it's said Maryland's Best on the can. I had to try it. Eventhough it's brewed in Milwaukee.

Dont let them fool you, Milwaukee's best isnt that great either.

Olde English high gravity 800 - tastes like metallic corn.
Camo silver ice - ^ see above
Bell's Cherry Stout was also pretty nasty.

Michelob Ultra is vile
as is Lienekugal Sunset wheat
but I am sure that's not news to any one here
They might be the only two beers that I've had
where I switched to drinking soda after one choking down one beer

I remember liking the Sunset Wheat, but it's been a while...

I have to say, one of the worst beers I have ever tasted has to be Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale from AB. I couldn't even finish one bottle; I had to pour the stuff down the drain!

I also remember liking the Cask Ale, although it was disappointingly lacking in any flavor that would make me think it had actually been aged in a cask...

An SA's blackberry wit is drinkable, but only one at a time.

Perhaps I'm not as picky as I thought?

Then again, the recipes involving tomato/clamato and beer sound awful and I will never be able to bring myself to try them...

Only beer I remember being unable to finish was a lambic that I got in Amsterdam... No idea who made it, or if it was called anything other than 'lambic', but apparently I'm not into the whole sour beer scene...

This beer sort of reminded me of Thomas Kemper's Weizenberry, which was a raspberry wheat if I remember correctly. This was one of the "gateway" beers that pulled me out of the darkside that is BMC. I guess my point is that this beer, as peculiar as it is, brought back some fond memories.

Aside from BMC, Wingwalker amber ale is one of the worst I've ever had.

I'll have to throw in a vote for Pete's Strawberry blonde also.

Pete's Strawberry Blonde is good for making beer bread though!!. Good liquid in the dough and it adds just enough of the strawberry flavor to make it almost a dessert bread. Warm and a little butter .... you will find yourself keeping a six-pack in the pantry!

Wild Blue Blueberry Lager - I thought I was drinking juice

Curt

Juice?? I thought I was drinking Dimetap!

Juice would have been ok. I still would have been mad that it tasted nothing like beer, but if it was blueberry "juice"...well, ok. But Wild Blue was vile.

What made me even madder is that AB is sneaky about it and packages it markets it like it is craft beer, and even gets a slot in the craft section at the beer deli, stealing a slot from true craft beer.

I had a beer once called Old Stoney's made somewhere in MD. That was the only beer I can ever recall that I could not choke down, even after drinking something else to deaden the old tastebuds.

Bad Frog is pretty gross. I don't like Red Stripe either, but I can't say it's the worst ever.

Dude, I thought the SA Cranberry Lambic ranked pretty high up there.
That tasted like play-doh in a bottle. I think Id sooner drink a Dubbel or some other thick ass bock before I picked one of those up again.
-Me

I didn't much care for that cranberry lambic either, but I thought the DIPA in that pack was worse. (I really wanted to like the DIPA too.)

Back