The worst beer I have ever had in my life...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This stuff was friggin' revolting.

attachment.php

just noticed this one

brew club buddy brought in a '94, wasn't really that bad

SORT OF a soy sauce aroma/taste, but kind of a GOOD soy sauce aroma/taste. NOT like Kikkomans, but like a CRAFT soy sauce

then again, my palate is almost worthless. anything not completely foul tastes OK to me and the Triple Bock wasn't completely foul

This thread reminds me of the GEICO commercial floating around right now with the raccoons. "Man, you got to taste this, it's really bad."

the only one i can remember by name is this, in bottles... http://flyingdogbrewery.com/?beers=mint-julep-ale
...i'll try most anything, and appreciate a wide range of experimental stuff, but found that it just did not work for me... it was like someone slopped together a bottle of junky festbier and one of those vintage novelty shaped bottle of avon found at a goodwill.

...however, my sister in law told me to, and i quote "shut my wh*re mouth" when i dogged on it, then again she is evangelical about being a Marylander...

I remember it because i find flying dog otherwise generally good.

Without a doubt the worst I have had is the "French Toasted Joe" from Heist Brewery here in Charlotte.
I am not sure WTF this beer is supposed to be, but here is a screenshot of what it looked like beside my own stout after being poured out of a $30 growler my wife got me as a gift that turned out badly.

My RIS Stout is the nice dark one with a head on it on the left, the HB FTJoe is on the right...no head, nothing..just sick looking.

Literally looks like lake water and tasted about the same.

I had 4 other beer lovers try it and every one of them looked at the glass suspiciously before taking a sip and promptly spitting it out. Ended up dumping the rest of the growler.

On a good note, their tap room is nice and the food selection is off the hook. Their beers just suck.

76B35513-A4D0-4BA4-B2A6-3F7AEBACCD2D_zpsj7nuhuqo.jpg~original

Looks like it has a ton of suspended yeast in it. Or trub.

Am I the only one wondering how a thread titled "the worst beer I've had in my life" turned into a lengthy rant complaining that Red Robin wasn't providing a good enough burger for free?
1) Yes. Because:
2) The thread didn't "turn into" ANY rant about "free burgers". The OP is the ONLY place that was mentioned. AND
2) Even in the OP there were multiple explanations about how I DID NOT think RR "owed" me ANYTHING. AND
3) The comments about how RR was USING veterans - NOT about a "free burger", wasn't lengthy for anyone with an attention span longer than that of a tsetse fly. AND
4) You're trying to make something of literally nothing by misrepresenting the truth. There's a name for people that "misrepresent the truth". AND finally,
5) YOU are the ONLY one that has mentioned the burger "issue" after the OP.

HarborTownBrewing: A name to remember.

Paul

@bbohanon - that one looks like the water we have in a nearby lake. There's even a film on the glass.

That looks like Yuck City. :(

Anything magic hat puts out has been disgusting IMO.

Guiness Nitro IPA is disgusting.

Yuengling black and tan is undrinkable to me.

I can't stand Rolling Rock.

I've given rolling rock several tries over the years, and while it's not the worst beer I've ever had, it definitely does suck, and, even though my tastes in beer have evolved over the years, that stuff still sucks in the same way! I guess they get points for consistency, anyway.

My number 1 worst is New Belgium's "Watermelon Lime Ale", tasted like gym sock water. Though a close second is Blue Moon's "Horchata Ale". Both of these are prime examples of things that shouldn't be combined with beers.

Mine was definitely this swill I had in a hotel in Beijing when I got stuck there after missing a connecting flight to Bangkok. Just for perspective, my GF and I had been flying for 12 hrs, were pissed at the airline, and got put up in a crappy hotel, and these were the only beers we could find. We both REALLY wanted a beer. Bought two each, neither of us even finished one.

IMG_3117.jpg

Ahh Cobra Malt Liquor! I was at a local beer distributor that sold Cobra 24s for .99 a can. Like Jed Clampett said, "Weee doggy."

I would have to say it was a Sam Adams Cherry Chocolate Bock that I found in my garage, left over from a variety pack I had bought years ago...PURE SH T. I tried to drink it all but was not successful. The bottle was good though, I kept it to bottle my ESB... so not a total waste.

I've had a few doozies over my drinking career but one that stands out is Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin. The beer itself tasted fairly well but the aftertaste included burning napalm and of course each successive drink added more fuel to the fire. I like spicy things and have had a imperial brown ale with toasted jalapeño that was rather fantastic but the Sculpin took heat to an extreme.

:mug:

-Brian

@bbohanon - that one looks like the water we have in a nearby lake. There's even a film on the glass.

That looks like Yuck City. :(

Trust me it was..Even the guys I know that would drink rubbing alcohol would not drink it so that tells you alot.

When its bad enough for me to take pictures, its bad.

Had this at a Vietnamese restaurant. The other choices were domestic BMC type beers. I don't mind a light beer with Asian food, but this was flat and had a weird odor to it.

https://untappd.com/w/vbl-tien-gang/272014

Tasting notes:

Golden with thin head dissipating immediately. Flat, with no hop flavor. Funky odor of bad rice wine.

Made the regrettable mistake of ordering the "Hell or High Watermelon" from 21st Amendment brewing :(
It didnt have a horrible taste so much as it just had no taste whatsoever. Complete waste of 5-6 bucks or whatever I paid for it.

*edit*
It was on tap, not canned.

Made the regrettable mistake of ordering the "Hell or High Watermelon" from 21st Amendment brewing :(
It didnt have a horrible taste so much as it just had no taste whatsoever. Complete waste of 5-6 bucks or whatever I paid for it.

*edit*

The first year that this was served at the Oregon Brewer's Fest I gave it a try. An absolute waste of the effort it took to drink 3 ounces.

Had this at a Vietnamese restaurant. The other choices were domestic BMC type beers. I don't mind a light beer with Asian food, but this was flat and had a weird odor to it.

https://untappd.com/w/vbl-tien-gang/272014

Tasting notes:

Golden with thin head dissipating immediately. Flat, with no hop flavor. Funky odor of bad rice wine.

"Ba Muoi Bah beer, best beer in Vietnam."

"Ba Muoi Ba beer, only beer in Vietnam."

"Try it."

"Formaldehyde. We put in just a touch of formaldehyde for flavour."

"Some people get sick, yeah."

"So if you have to be rushed to a hospital, then when you return...I give you a free salad."

So, did you get a free salad?

Gitano, first. Thank you for your service. My grandfather was in the Navy during WW2 on the USS Rochester.

And I agree that Guiness served any other way than from a tap is practically undrinkable. Granted I do not like Guiness anyway because it always tastes like brown water. But at least the tap version is better brown water.

Where I live in SC, Red robin is EXPENSIVE.
$10 for cheapest burger. And they don't even make them there. They are frozen. So couldn't even get it medium rare.
Sorry. Never went back. I'd take Fudruckers or 5 guys over that trash any day.
And don't get me stated on the service. Ee gad!!

*edit*

This is the first beer that came to mind when I read the title of this thread. Awful.

But since I tried it, I have found worse. I hate to say the brewery because some of their other beers are very good, but it was called Saloon Pilsner. Truly awful. Now I know why the cowboys in the movies always order whiskey.

Honestly, if offered either f them again, I would opt for an Olympia.

While in Vietnam I drank a lot of the beer hoi. Small, unregulated, local brews just a name for the cheap local stuff for sale from barrels on street corners. I wouldn't say on all it was bad and at about 25p it went down a treat. Perfect easy beer for hot humid days.
However on my last night I brought one from a corner somewhere in Hanoi and after about 2 mouthfuls the headache set in and it was night over, back to bed.

Latest posts

Back