The Most Terrible Beer Ever orrr The Worst Beer Of All Time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I absolutely hate that crap.

That loud crash you all heard was me trying to jump through the monitor and strangle McGanigle.

Then I realized he was kidding.

:eek:

My all-time favorite beer. Even better than 10.

My worst in a long time was a bottle of JW Lees Harvest Ale. It was the most expensive bottle of beer that I've ever dumped down the sink.

The only beer I have ever purchased and couldn't force myself to finish was that blue berry crap with the dog on the front. I can't remember the name but AB might make it.

Blue Dog....

Blueberry pancake syrup with a hint of malt in it... I swear I peed blue for two days...

I've got another I just thought of, Tequiza...was sooo popular when it came out and it was ****ty! Down right foul! How do some of these breweries put out this crap and people buy it? The masses are asses, who'd have thunk it.

Old English Ice 800. Tastes like malt liquor with 2 shots of cheap vodka poured in it.

Tennents Lager is pretty bad tastes like skunky St Pauli Girl.
SA Cherry Wheat is lousy....I find an "ashtray" like aftertaste to it.
While the aroma of SA Honey Porter is wonderful, the taste is terrible!
A lot of beers have been bad but these are the ones that stick out the most.

A-B sucked me in with the craft looking label on Wild Blue lager. This can't be the worst beer I've tasted because the stinking stuff is not even beer.

That's "WILD BLUE LAGER". Use it for weedkiller. Give it to a neighbor you don't like. But sheeit, don't waste good money on this purple pig swill.

So when you are in the beer store and you see some one buying one of these nasty beers do feel like you should warn them it tastes like ass?

So when you are in the beer store and you see some one buying one of these nasty beers do feel like you should warn them it tastes like ass?

I do have to interject my opinion on the unsuspecting all the time. I had one experience, 2 guys standing in front of the coolers, one says to the other"American Ale(Bud) is the most fancy beer I've had". His friend responds with "Lets just get some Miller and Bud Lime then." I had to, I gave them a few recommendations (Redhook ESB, Leinie's Summer Shandy, and a few others I don't recall). I hope I changed their opinion on beer. (Bud Lime, shudders.........)

Not usually. I hate nut brown ales and malty porters. My roommate loves BMC. His GF hates hop bombs but loves the malty porters and such.

It's presumptuous to assume that someone you don't know is going to share your taste. Probably 90%+ of the time that someone's buying something you think is "nasty", they've tried it before and liked it.

Now, if someone looks like they're trying to figure things out then I'll sometimes offer a suggestion, but usually only after I ask what sort of thing they like.

A-B sucked me in with the craft looking label on Wild Blue lager. This can't be the worst beer I've tasted because the stinking stuff is not even beer.

That's "WILD BLUE LAGER". Use it for weedkiller. Give it to a neighbor you don't like. But sheeit, don't waste good money on this purple pig swill.

Does AB have anything to do with it, at first I thought they did then someone mentioned another company. They have a website:

Wild Blue Lager :: Age Verification

And it seems its made by "Blue Dawg Brewing, Baldwinsville NY" wonder if AB helps distribute it.

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8 percent alcohol by volume (ABV).

Its fun, irreverent spirit is conveyed in every aspect of the beer, from the bottle label that features a bulldog kicking a blueberry to its full-bodied taste. Wild Blue is the perfect drink for adults who are thirsting for something new and will be available in sleek 12-ounce amber glass bottles. Please remember to always enjoy responsibly.

Does AB have anything to do with it, at first I thought they did then someone mentioned another company. They have a website:

Wild Blue Lager :: Age Verification

And it seems its made by "Blue Dawg Brewing, Baldwinsville NY" wonder if AB helps distribute it.

You need look no further than who registered the domain name wildbluelager.com:

Code:
Registrant:
        Domain Administration
        Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
        One Busch Place
         St.Louis, MO 63118-0852
        US
        [email protected] +1.8003425283 Fax: +1.3145772900

AB has a few of these fake microbreweries. They're just cashing in on the trend of breweries people have never heard of, with macro-produced product.

I've tasted my fair share of beers--moving on past the 2,000 mark.

The only beer I ever actually had to spit out-- Steel Reserve.

Wow that's horrible, I never noticed that before. They even use a fake location at which its brewed?

Wild Blue is brewed in Baldwinsville, N.Y., and was created by Blue Dawg Brewing, a group within Anheuser-Busch, Inc.

+1 on Steel Reserve.... except I had a 40oz and screw that if I was gonna waste my 1.25$ beer! *gags from memories of it*

+ 1 on S A Cherry Wheat & Tripel Bock

Also, Magic Hat Jinx was the only beer I've not been able to finish. I very much enjoy smokey and whiskey flavors in beer, but Jinx tasted like it was aged over long cut Copenhagen...and I like the flavor Copenhagen, but definitey, definitely, not in my beer.

There is a new Lagunitas brew called HAIRY EYEBALL... an 8% ale,
I grabbed it the second i saw it because they ussually are amazing.
I have never hated a Lagunitas brew, but this one is JUST NASTY GROSS!!!
two beers into a six pack and i am just dreading it.
I almost want to dump the crap, it taste like a bad candy.
A massive bummer because i really like that brewery.

On the other hand they make a SUPER GOOD beer called HOP STOOPID,
spelled just like i wrote.
Now that is really good if you like a lot of IBU.

I guess I will give them credit for experimentation... that part is cool.

I can't call this in any way, shape, or form a "bad" beer, because far too many people that I respect consider it one of the best beers of all time.......

But I ended up dumping half a bottle of Rodenbach Grand Cru. Just not my thing. I like a lot of sour beers, but not vinegar-like sourness. I've had DFH's Berliner Weisse (which I'm assuming they're doing right with lacto), I've had some Brett-fermented beers that were absolutely outstanding.... but the Grand Cru, I just couldn't do.

Note that I'm also someone that bought a bottle of balsamic vinegar six years ago and has used it once.

So, absolutely NOT the worst beer of all time, but the worst beer I've had for my tastes.

The worst beer I have had in a loooooooooonnnngggg time was the recent Leiney's Fireside Nut Brown. Pure horsecrap. What a joke. I even read a review in BA's magazine a month or so later that said the same thing...too funny. I have never been a fan of that brewery, but I wouldn't say it was bad beer in the past, just not my taste. However, that Fireside tasted like it sat out in the sun for all summer, they used old sugar packets for wort, threw in a yeast infection, then dunked in the local bath water to top of the bottles to save money.

They did have a pretty advertisement though.

My guess is that many people who venture from the pee-water that is American mass produced beers usuall try something like this for the first time, thinking that they are trying a real craft brew. No wonder many of them think their "insert mass produced beer label here" beer is better than craft beer.

On a different note, when Triple Bock came out in the early 90's, I actually liked the stuff! It was more like a port wine than a beer. I used to laugh at people who took a swig like the would a new beer, only to watch their eyes go wide. :D

I totally understand why people would not like it though... I tried a bottle again a few years ago, one that had aged for a while. Tasted nothing like I remember... I dont' think the ageing works

I had the SA triple bock in 1994, me and my two college roomates went in on a 12 oz bottle, lol. I liked it but to me it tasted like port wine not beer. I love port though, so the SA was my thing. I haven't seen it in years, didn't know they still made it.

Oddly enough I thought the cranberry lambic was good, but then again I used to like Schlitz malt liquor in the blue bottle poured over ice in a dixie cup. That's how you drink a 40 in the ghetto, some dudes use a bag but we used to split one with like 6 people that way.

I believed Lagunitas made a brew called Brown sugga. It tasted like over sweeten ice tea. Fortunately for myself it was like 8%, and i hadnt eaten anything that day so I became too drunk to really care. My buddy last night tried to give me a keystone light... colored water!

I believed Lagunitas made a brew called Brown sugga. It tasted like over sweeten ice tea. Fortunately for myself it was like 8%, and i hadnt eaten anything that day so I became too drunk to really care.

I saw that in the packie last night. Didn't get it, though - glad I didn't!

Miller Chill is pretty undrinkable, I agree SA Triple is awful also

Worst beer I ever had is Pabst Blue Ribbon. Its foul, awful, hatred in a can.
:eek: How dare you! Jk, ok it's not great but it does have it's place in my hockey bag:mug:

+1 on Pyramid Thunderhead IPA - couldn't finish it.
+2 and I like most IPA's, this one is just bad though

First time I tried Caffrey's Cream Ale, it was horrible. None of us could finish our pint. I don't know if we got a bad batch or what. I haven't had the courage to try it again.

The worst beer I've ever had is Mountaineer Brewing Co. Nut Brown Ale. They are the only brewery in WV (to my knowledge) so inevitably someone will bring over a six pack thinking "oh, this is some local beer, let's try it." Too bad it tastes like *ssh*les boiled in vinegar with some hazelnut coffee creamer to top it off. Some of their other beers are alright, though.

I have to say, one of the worst beers I have ever tasted has to be Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale from AB. I couldn't even finish one bottle; I had to pour the stuff down the drain!

Just thought of another one that I forgot about. It was brewed out of a brewery in kentucky, and it was called...get this...Horse Piss Beer.:rockin:

Yeah, I should have known it was going to be terrible, but the name was funny and the picture on the label made me giggle.

I guess the whole don't judge a book by it's cover works both ways.

I haven't read most of this thread but all of the similar threads amuse me because I like a lot of the beers listed.

Smoke Jumper, Brown Shugga, and for the love of god, Rochefort 8?

LOVE these beers.

Some beers that have been listed...

Bud Clamato - F'n nasty. Do not buy this, unless you love the taste of stomach acid (either going in, or coming out).
Steel Reserve - Best ABV for the money. Of course it's not tasty. That's not what it's for, duh. It's tolerable if you're not expecting greatness.
Cherry wheat - Not good, but would rather drink over BMC.
SA cranberry lambic - Not a fan. Tried it out of a holiday pack, and it was probably my least favorite.
Sparks - Eh. It's a cheap buzz in a can. Good before a metal concert. Seems to work better than most energy drinks.

Recently tried a smoked beer for the first time. It was O'fallen's smoked porter. It was pretty good! I like smoked flavor, so maybe smoked beers will grow on me.

Miller 64 or whatever it's called is basically water. You may need to drink at least twenty of them within an hour to get a buzz, but that's impossible, because you'll be too busy pi**ing.

I really don't want to put Dogfish 120 on here, but man...I had such a hard time drinking it....It definitely changed my mind on what could be classified as a beer. I would not necessarily disagree with someone who likes it, but it's merely a preference of taste. Expensive too.

Edit: I forgot about Camo...Especially the silver can...Uuugghh...

Latest posts

Back