Funniest, worst, most ridiculous beer threads of all time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It was back on the old BA forums, before the crash. I'm not going to be able to do it justice, but as I recall there was a box to be shipped. Unfortunately MarcoLovesDucks slipped on some black ice while walking to the fedex dropoff or whathaveyou. Bottles were broken, and could not be replaced. Ridicule was quickly followed by hilarity as a troll account was created for every permutation of the words Marco, duck, loves, lover, and so on. It went on for several hours before Tawd got wind of it. The screen name was really what made it.

I'd love to hear that someone has a screen cap of it, but I've never seen one.

Between Evan and Nick (and Arbi), I have laughed my arse off more often than not. The beer becomes secondary.

This. The personal interaction / humor / stories >>>>>>>>> the beer.

One more great story: a while back, we had a small tasting with a lineup of random coffee stouts (regular and barrel-aged). This included KBBS, Big Bad Baptist, stuff like that. Unfortunately, like most tastings, a ton of beer didn't get finished. largadeer happened to miss that tasting due to work, so we generously poured the dregs into a Pizza Port growler and labeled it Dusk Til Dawn (one of larga's favorite beers). We gave it to him.

He drank that **** gratefully and pronounced it an excellent batch of DtD.

The fact that I remember the prank more than the lineup of beers we had is basically the sum of what I love about this hobby.

One more great story: a while back, we had a small tasting with a lineup of random coffee stouts (regular and barrel-aged). This included KBBS, Big Bad Baptist, stuff like that. Unfortunately, like most tastings, a ton of beer didn't get finished. largadeer happened to miss that tasting due to work, so we generously poured the dregs into a Pizza Port growler and labeled it Dusk Til Dawn (one of larga's favorite beers). We gave it to him.

The fact that I remember the prank more than the lineup of beers we had is basically the sum of what I love about this hobby.
OMG you ******** told me that story but didn't tell me the part about it just being a bunch of dregs. I think I even heard largadeer talk about how good it was and he domed like half the damn growler.

Speaking of pouring a beer into a different labeled bottle...

That prank pales in comparison to the ChadQuest crianza helena prank.

I really miss NickD, he got me through many an hour of studying thermodynamics and physiology in school.... with all you guys and all of your fake accounts/trolling **** in multiple threads, it would be a friggin scavenger hunt for me to go back through and try to figure out what the **** you were all talking about.... it was like a 3 hour joke with a poetically beautiful punchline... so satisfying to "Get it", felt cool for a moment

dontdrinkbeer , when you posted about the ****ing lambic investment, **** man.... I still remember my wife's concern as i struggled to breathe after i read "FOR WHICH HE KNEW HE COULD OBTAIN NO EASEMENT".... that honestly changed the internet for me, and became a place for fun/tomfoolery and hanging out instead of "the business of beer trading"... thanks man

hope to meet you all someday, i'll open some shitty midwest stout for you and you guys can all pretend to like it

This one has some potential but I suspect it will get shut down fast:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/ft-pre-bullfrog-le-grrrz-trio-iso-bvdl.186805/

Guy is going to drive 18 hours from Kansas for the Bullfrog release so he can then flip them for a BVDL. some incensed neckbeard responded as follows:

If I see someone get out of a car with a Kansas license plate, I'm telling Steve to use his right refuse service. These beers are for people who want to drink Nate's hard work, not for people traveling half a day in a car so they can finally obtain their coveted Derk Lerd. What a POS...

I really miss NickD, he got me through many an hour of studying thermodynamics and physiology in school.... with all you guys and all of your fake accounts/trolling **** in multiple threads, it would be a friggin scavenger hunt for me to go back through and try to figure out what the **** you were all talking about.... it was like a 3 hour joke with a poetically beautiful punchline... so satisfying to "Get it", felt cool for a moment

dontdrinkbeer , when you posted about the ****ing lambic investment, **** man.... I still remember my wife's concern as i struggled to breathe after i read "FOR WHICH HE KNEW HE COULD OBTAIN NO EASEMENT".... that honestly changed the internet for me, and became a place for fun/tomfoolery and hanging out instead of "the business of beer trading"... thanks man

hope to meet you all someday, i'll open some shitty midwest stout for you and you guys can all pretend to like it
This site and all you goons made me change my perspective on beer and beer trading. Love this place.

TLDR - anyone mention the corals trade one yet? Bitzy? the troll Tawd acct with him photoshopped as Hitler and the location set to 'my way or the highway, germany' ? White Whale 'your box sucked' fiasco? EBF snowstorm disaster thread that went on so long only bc the bros were drinking with their friends and ignoring all their patrons for 4 hours?

The internet is great.

TLDR - anyone mention the corals trade one yet? Bitzy? the troll Tawd acct with him photoshopped as Hitler and the location set to 'my way or the highway, germany' ? White Whale 'your box sucked' fiasco? EBF snowstorm disaster thread that went on so long only bc the bros were drinking with their friends and ignoring all their patrons for 4 hours?

The internet is great.

This is one (assuming we are talking about the legendary White Whale BIF) I've always wanted to see. I've heard whisperings that PDFs of it exist.

This one has some potential but I suspect it will get shut down fast:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/ft-pre-bullfrog-le-grrrz-trio-iso-bvdl.186805/

Guy is going to drive 18 hours from Kansas for the Bullfrog release so he can then flip them for a BVDL. some incensed neckbeard responded as follows:

To be fair, Drankenstein is a piece of ****. I went to a tasting with this guy and he proceeded to get wasted, severely undercooked some grilled chicken and then puked everywhere. He is the worst.

To be fair, Drankenstein is a piece of ****. I went to a tasting with this guy and he proceeded to get wasted, severely undercooked some grilled chicken and then puked everywhere. He is the worst.

Don't get me wrong the guy was coming off as a total idiot (which is exactly how I'd describe anyone willing to drive 18+ hours, each direction, to get some beers just to trade), but it's utterly hilarious that people were getting so mad about his willingness to be such an idiot.

EBF snowstorm disaster thread that went on so long only bc the bros were drinking with their friends and ignoring all their patrons for 4 hours?

Felt the banhammer for that one. I was trolling people earlier that afternoon about where I could safely store my bike. Then I asked Tawd in person at Meadhall and he said it was reschedule. Since they hadn't said **** about it and the thread was filled with people en route asking for info, I hit the thread. Jimmies were rustled.

Felt the banhammer for that one. I was trolling people earlier that afternoon about where I could safely store my bike. Then I asked Tawd in person at Meadhall and he said it was reschedule. Since they hadn't said **** about it and the thread was filled with people en route asking for info, I hit the thread. Jimmies were rustled.
That was the worst. Ugh. And to think I volunteered for one of their fests once.

Don't get me wrong the guy was coming off as a total idiot (which is exactly how I'd describe anyone willing to drive 18+ hours, each direction, to get some beers just to trade), but it's utterly hilarious that people were getting so mad about his willingness to be such an idiot.
I love that because people never consider wear and tear on their cars when they're doing this ****. Right now the federal reimbursement rate is $0.56/mile (this is the best estimate for what it costs to drive your car places, including gas and wear and tear). 18 hours each way at 65mph (lower speed makes this better for him) is over $1,300. He may as well just ****ing buy the stupid BADL, they're only like $450, right? Idiot could buy 3 for the same cost as driving 18 hours, and that's not even counting wasting 36 hours of your time.

I love that because people never consider wear and tear on their cars when they're doing this ****. Right now the federal reimbursement rate is $0.56/mile (this is the best estimate for what it costs to drive your car places, including gas and wear and tear). 18 hours each way at 65mph (lower speed makes this better for him) is over $1,300. He may as well just ****ing buy the stupid BADL, they're only like $450, right? Idiot could buy 3 for the same cost as driving 18 hours, and that's not even counting wasting 36 hours of your time.
Yeah I don't understand people who drive insane distances for beer releases, unless they are working it into a larger trip. Some dude from VT or VA was gonna drive to Toppling Goliath for the Assassin release (which ended up not happening at the taproom). Like, really? Just trade for it or pay inflated prices at that point. Sheesh.

Besides wear on the vehicle which you've nicely summarized, they also don't consider the opportunity cost associated with spending that 36 hours driving (presumably not an enjoyable thing to do, especially that much of it consecutively) rather than doing more productive or enjoyable things. All this for a bottle of marshmallow-flavored stout...

Personally I've never gone to a bottle release that didn't include at least some fun activities surrounding it (such as bottle shares, a day of drinking with cool beers on draft, etc.), and that's for drives that are rarely more than 2 hours (I've never gone further than 4, and that was for an all-weekend trip).

Back