The Most Terrible Beer Ever orrr The Worst Beer Of All Time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be able to drink swill. I mean, Bud Ice after it had been left in the trunk for 8 hours on a 100 degree day. (no ice of course) Keystone ice was mentioned, which I actually think has so little flavor as to not offend that bad.

The only beer I've not been able to finish was old mud's best which had been, again, left out in the heat but then put back on ice. As far as *good* beers which just didn't appeal to me, it'd have to be many overdone "scotch ale" type beers that simply overpower. I'll easily take one well made, but I've ran into more than one that were just not worth it.

Dogfish Head Golden Shower (their imperial pilsner's old name). Horridly sickly-sweet without hop flavor. You can't/shouldn't "imperialize" something whose prime attribute is clean drinkability!

Lazy Mutt - purchased an 8 pack and there were 8 hafl full beers at the end of the night!

Agreed. That stuff is garbage. Someone gave me a 7 pack. I passed on a 6 pack to someone else (though it would have been 6 and a half if I could have figured out a way) who in turn couldn't stand the stuff.

+1 on SA Cherry Wheat
+1 on SA Cranberry Lambic

Another is Abita Strawberry.

And don't talk bad about Nattie Light, that stuff got half of us through college. I actually have a sixer of it in my fridge right now along with my homebrews. Sometimes we all need a sweet sip of nostalgia.

One of the only craft beers that I have tried that I couldn't finish was Magic Hat #9

Wow, I don't mind #9 at all. However I did have one bad glass, but that was on amateur night, errr St Patty's Day, when the bartender took a hot glass out of the dishwasher and poured the draft directly into the glass. The glass was so hot I couldn't hold it.

I'm not a fan of smoked beers, but I do get a taste for some of those soury lambic beers from time to time. I love to see the look on peoples faces when I describe the open fermentation tanks!

Funny enough, SWMBO hates SA Cherry Wheat but LOVES SA Cranberry Lambic...I dunno if I can brew a Lambic yet, but SWMBO likes sour stuff.

If you lived closer, I have three bottles that you could gladly have. I can't bring myself to throw them away.

Budweiser Chelada.

It's Budweiser + tomato juice + CLAM JUICE. ????

since I'm a Husker fan, EVERYONE seems to love that stuff up in Nebraska....just because it's red beer.

I personally hate cider beers. Pretty much any and all. Particularly Woodchuck. I just don't think beer should be sweet.
Other than that, I've had some pretty skunky beers, but since I've started home brewing I've learned the reason that makes them skunky...so I don't hold the brewer responsible.

I did have an asian beer once that I really didn't like. I can't remember for sure what it was....but I think it might have been Sapporo or Tiger

Dogfish Head Golden Shower (their imperial pilsner's old name). Horridly sickly-sweet without hop flavor. You can't/shouldn't "imperialize" something whose prime attribute is clean drinkability!

I can imagine it's bad just from the name of it....lol

I have a friend who refers to keystone ice as red burning cancer....
I can think of 2 bad craft brews.
Out here in the southwest green chile beer is really popular for some reason; I really don't like beer that burns my mouth.
I was in Dublin last summer and their famous microbrew place, The Porter House had a licorice beer called oyster beer? Ugggg I had to work to finish that, and then wash it down with a pint each of the rest of their incredibly good beers.

I asked the wife to pick up a sixer from corner store.

"Surprise me", I says.

Never again! She brings home Michelobe Ultra Pomegranate Rasberry.

WTF? Says I. I tried it of course as I had yet to find a beer I couldn't at least tolerate (of course I have never tried the chill or clamato, etc...).

Wow. Just Wow. Atificial Rasberry flavor thckly coated by an artificial sweetener all packaged in 90 volumes of fizz. I'd swear a fly landed on the lip and left cursing at me for having such a horrible thing in the house.

I guess there are lots who like that stuff tho'. It manages to keep it's shelf space.

And while a sixpack of Cranberry Lambic is not something on my wants list, it's not something I would pour out. I wouldn't call it a Lambic but, it works enough for me to enjoy a bottle.

Cave Creek Chili Beer tops my list. I don't even want to be in the same room with that ka-ka, and I know nobody that actually likes it. I've met people who will drink it, just to be tough or silly, but I know nobody that actually likes it.

The Triple Bock is a very, very close second. However, I will still taste about a tablespoon of the stuff each year or so to see if it's any better. My world will feel no loss, tough, when it's all gone.

I cannot stand the Cherry Wheat or Cranberry Lambic, but that's my taste. Too many people like it to call it the worst ever.

I LOVE smoke beers, so long as they are made by somebody who knows what they are doing. I've had some that became medicinal, and that's no good. I do not mind heavy smoke, though.

I have to 'fess up and say that I like the Bud Chelada. Micheladas are fairly popular around here, and I've wrapped up more than one night by mixing beer and tomato juice, with a squeeze of lime and couple dashes of What's-this-here sauce. It also works the next morning. It really is more of a cocktail than a beer, though. I wouldn't call a michelada a beer anymore than I would call a shandy a beer.

TL

I cannot stand the Cherry Wheat or Cranberry Lambic, but that's my taste. Too many people like it to call it the worst ever.

To me, it's not an issue of the Cherry Wheat being a fruit beer, which I can't stand but that I know some people love. It just isn't a good example. I've had a cherry beer that didn't taste like cough syrup before, there's no excuse for putting out a product that's that artificial tasting.

I have never had a beer I could not finish, save one: Sam Adams Triple Bock. One sip is all that would go. Gave some to a buddy, he almost punched me in the face, he thought is was soy sauce.

Abita Purple Haze...that stuff makes me want to yammy.

The bar my friend worked at had two kegs and were only able to sell about half of 1 to the local sorority girls before finally giving up on it. My friend took the half key and the other full keg home and we tried to drink it but couldn't. Only free beer I've not been able to drink.

Turns out only the dog liked it, but then again she used to eat her own ----.

I hate Leinekugel's. Yes, all of them.

I think the single worst beer I even had was a Sprecher Barley wine '04. I think it autolysed or something terrible because it tasted of rancid meat. Still finished the bottle though, but it was a battle of the will.

Cherry wheat, Cranberry Lambic, Blu Berry crap, and Triple Bock are also horrid beers. Seriously, those brew masters should be so ashamed...

I think alot of these beers are total crap, but one does have to remeber...one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Having said that...you can polish a turd to shine like a diamond, but in the end, you still have a turd! Bottoms up :)

I like the SA Cherry Wheat and it's just about the only beer SWMBO will drink. I have a keg of a clone I made in the fridge right now. Is it my favorite beer, no. Will I drink some this weekend, without a doubt. Just don't understand the hate there....let the flaming begin....

Pete's strawberry is pretty bad, Left hand seems to make descent stuff though so I would imagine its not "that" bad if you really like smoked beers.

SPARKS is gross, only energy / malt beverage I have ever had. I also hate steel reserve which is all sparks is, steel reserve + redbull.

The only beer I have ever purchased and couldn't force myself to finish was that blue berry crap with the dog on the front. I can't remember the name but AB might make it.

I bought that Blueberry Crap once....once . I love BB brews and thought it was from a Microbrewery....can you say GROSS ASS SWILL!!!! Also a 40 that got too warm. In college if you cracked a 40 you had to finish it. House rules. I am soooo glad those days are over

I cannot do SA Cherry Wheat any more either. In my home town there was this bar that had a chess night and SA Cherry Wheat was a $1/bottle for participants.

Abita Purple Haze...that stuff makes me want to yammy.

The bar my friend worked at had two kegs and were only able to sell about half of 1 to the local sorority girls before finally giving up on it. My friend took the half key and the other full keg home and we tried to drink it but couldn't. Only free beer I've not been able to drink.

Turns out only the dog liked it, but then again she used to eat her own ----.

I was trying to remember the name of this, and I couldn't mostly because I think I blocked it out. It is bad. Reaaaally bad.

Cypress Honey Lager by Granville Island Brewing in Vancouver, Canada.

It was a warm spring day, my girlfriend and I were visiting Vancouver for the weekend, we sat in the warm sun, outside at a nice table....gee, Honey Lager sounded refreshing.

Tasted like soda pop, as if they added a spoonful of honey to the glass, poured the beer, and stirred it around. Sugary sweet.

Never again.

Never again.

I have to 'fess up and say that I like the Bud Chelada. Micheladas are fairly popular around here, and I've wrapped up more than one night by mixing beer and tomato juice, with a squeeze of lime and couple dashes of What's-this-here sauce. It also works the next morning. It really is more of a cocktail than a beer, though. I wouldn't call a michelada a beer anymore than I would call a shandy a beer.

That michelada recipe is missing what makes Bud's Chelada so disgusting, though: clam juice.

CLAM JUICE!!! :eek: I grew up in Maine, so I've seen a few Canadians mix up a Caesar) . It didn't make any sense then, and it doesn't make any sense now.

Cherry Wheat is not a bad beer! Are all of you on crack? I can handle 1 or 2 in a night but any more than that and its just too much cherry for me. I don't necessarily sit around eating cherries or anything but I do like them. Artificial flavor? Have you ever had a real cherry plucked fresh from the tree? I notice no difference between the taste.

Worst beer I ever had is Pabst Blue Ribbon. Its foul, awful, hatred in a can. I was wasted, wanted another beer, and all that was left was 5 PBR's that had been in my buddies fridge. I drank half and wanted to puke. I don't puke from drinking anymore.

Michelob Ultra is vile
as is Lienekugal Sunset wheat
but I am sure that's not news to any one here
They might be the only two beers that I've had
where I switched to drinking soda after one choking down one beer

That michelada recipe is missing what makes Bud's Chelada so disgusting, though: clam juice.

CLAM JUICE!!! :eek: I grew up in Maine, so I've seen a few Canadians mix up a Caesar) . It didn't make any sense then, and it doesn't make any sense now.

Don't besmirch the Bloody Caesar (basically a Bloody Mary with Clamato juice)! But why anyone would wan't clam juice in their beer is beyond me.

When I tried the Bud Chelada, I really didn't pick up the Clamata in it. There's probably about as much Clamata in there as hops. It tasted like beer mixed with tomato juice, really.

That said, I also like Clamata, so I might just be warped from the get-go. No surprise there. :D

TL

I love a good really spicy bloody mary and I love a really good well brewed beer but ne'er the twain shall meet in my glass.

Delirium Tremons....I'm not sure, I was pretty drunk when I had it and it just didn't sit well with me.

B to the E was pretty nasty as well.

Worst drink ever. A drink concocted by a friend of mine called a 7bervod. 1 part 7up, 2 parts beer, 1 part vodka. Gets you effed up but does not taste good.

I hate Leinekugel's. Yes, all of them.

Leiny's Berry Weiss is horrid. Let's mix cool-aid and crappy wheat beer and say it's "craft beer." Just about horked thinking about that stuff.

I don't remember what it was, but somebody gave me a smoked porter once that tasted like maple smoked bacon. That'd rank at the top of my list if not for Berry Weiss.

Terje

Back