The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be able to get it all on my truck if you want. What time do you think it will be delivered?

I have no clue what time it will be delivered:( I wouldn't want to tell you 3 and then the grain is delivered at noon. It is a lot of waiting around. We can't even really drink until the grain is delivered:mad:

1234 said:
I have no clue what time it will be delivered:( I wouldn't want to tell you 3 and then the grain is delivered at noon. It is a lot of waiting around. We can't even really drink until the grain is delivered:mad:

How bout a time frame? Like 12-4?

What do you guys think about going over to the old Marathon Works building? That is where the new distilleries are housed and they have a decent tap room.

Volsfan... I'm going to be bringing the Dennys Fav to the grain pickup tomorrow, are you coming?

Also, if anyone else wants to make a swap for Dennys Fav, let me know what you have.

Volsfan... I'm going to be bringing the Dennys Fav to the grain pickup tomorrow, are you coming?

Also, if anyone else wants to make a swap for Dennys Fav, let me know what you have.

I won't be there tomorrow, but I've got some WLP833 (german bock), WLP820 (oktoberfest), and WLP810 (san francisco lager). I didn't really wash the yeast, just dumped the cakes into sanitized mason jars, and the 810 has a good deal of hop debris that never really settled out.

Getting a running head start for tomorrow. Yay for Cookeville liquor stores!

2011-06-16_12-16-53_309.jpg

Had a great time hangin with you guys. Good to finally meet everybody. Feels like Christmas with everything I came home with. Thanks for selling me all the equipment Bobby and thanks to everyone for letting me try your beers. Great Stuff.

Had a great time hangin with you guys. Good to finally meet everybody. Feels like Christmas with everything I came home with. Thanks for selling me all the equipment Bobby and thanks to everyone for letting me try your beers. Great Stuff.

Thanks for the DFH 60, it's been a while since i've had that one.:mug:

_

Yesterday was a great day:drunk: Marc brought some amazing commercial beers with him. I am very thankful that he decided to let me have his Goose Island Sophie and his Goose Island Matilda brews. I don't often get to drink that high-end stuff so it is a nice treat. The distillery tour was amazing and for those that didn't join us you missed out on a great tour and a couple of special gifts at the end.

I am looking forward to the next get together:mug:

anyone want to brew I know where a lot of grain is :D

Tim and I found a couple of bottles of some pretty good beer. Next time the guys from Cookeville are in town I will make sure to take them to see the selection. I bought the Schafly 2007 Barleywine and Tim bought the Schafly Grand Cru. This place had some Stone stuff and some Terrapin stuff. I bet Billy would love the Hopsecutioner IPA. The prices weren't too bad either.

I am now in the process of selling my Ball Lock kegs for $30/each. Tim has already expressed interest in obtaining some of them. I have 4 left and currently only 1 of them is empty:confused: As they empty I will be selling them along with the disconnect and picnic tap that is attached. I am thinking that $6 per line with picnic tap and disconnect is fair, what do you guys think?

I am now in the process of selling my Ball Lock kegs for $30/each. Tim has already expressed interest in obtaining some of them. I have 4 left and currently only 1 of them is empty:confused: As they empty I will be selling them along with the disconnect and picnic tap that is attached. I am thinking that $6 per line with picnic tap and disconnect is fair, what do you guys think?

I am in dire need of kegs.. I will take all four. Of course I will let you empty them first :)

Well, just finished my first batch with the grain we got. Also first time crushing my own and my new fly sparge setup. Got 82% eff!! Ive been getting mid to low 60's. Thanks for all the advise. Cheers

Well, just finished my first batch with the grain we got. Also first time crushing my own and my new fly sparge setup. Got 82% eff!! Ive been getting mid to low 60's. Thanks for all the advise. Cheers

What did you use to fly sparge?

Fijidave12 said:
No...I was asking what was your setup you used to fly sparge with. Until I get my keggles, I am thinking about putting a shower head on another cooler and have it fly sparge over the mash tun. So, I was just curious what your rig consisted of. :p

Oh, I used to batch sparge. Now I have a gravity fead CPVC sparge manifold. I made it adjustable but I think I'll just clamp it to the inside of the lid. I'm also tryin to get a Keggle, good luck.

Hey Stevo, for some reason I ended up with your growler of what was left of the DFH 60. If you want to make the 150 mile trip, you can have it back.:mug:

_

I know this is going to be hard to believe but we were shorted a bag of CMC Pale malt:mad: I have a hard time believing that they can't do a better job at counting the sacks that they put on a pallet.

Latest posts

Back