The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was getting a lot of foam in mine yesterday so I decided to look and see what was up and found that my co2 had been cranked up to 20, now I am almost out of co2.

Oops. Double post. I blame the IT department.
IT.jpg

Self pic?

Was getting a lot of foam in mine yesterday so I decided to look and see what was up and found that my co2 had been cranked up to 20, now I am almost out of co2.

As long as you weren't leaking or your keg wasn't nearly empty, I'm not sure why this would empty your tank...

Hey guys, just found out about this thread.

Question for you: what's the best place to fill a 5 lb CO2 tank around Nashville? I'm about to buy a new tank and I want to be able to keep it rather than trade it.

Why buy a new tank? They pop up on craigslist or here all of the time. Be patient and you should be able to save a couple of bucks. Good luck with either route you choose.

It was a long day, but not too bad. I did 2hr 149df mash with 6# of 2row. Was going for 4 gallons and end up with over 5; better efficiency than expected. Had to fire up the canner 3 times--7qts twice and then all the pints. That's what took all damn day. But now all I have to do is pour a qt of starter in the growler with the yeast and throw it on the stir plate.

if you tell them you have a new tank to swap though, they will give you a comparable tank in exchange.

I have a regulator I was going to sell, what else besides the co2 tank do you need?

Dual or single gauge? I need everything for a barebones set up. Keg (ball lock), quick disconnects, picnic tap. I'm just going to keep it a mini fridge until I decide what I want to build in terms of a kegerator.

there was a 20# tank on CL this week for $100.

I need to do more starter wort myself I only have 3 qts left and going to use 2 this morning to step up my bells yeast again. might have to do the biab method as I dont have that many mason jars and my pressure cooker can only do 1 qt jar at a time (it was free).

Nice work Dave! I've been meaning to do that forever. DME is freakin expensive. I did about 6 or 7 half pint jars with 60 ml of wort so I can just toss in a stir bar and frozen yeast culture; so nice and easy,it's worth the prep time.

Thanks Brad! I have a munich helles in the ferm chamber so I can't get any ales going for another week or so and I was starting to go crazy with the lacking of brewing. Thus, starter wort happened. Yeah the frozen yeast bank will be in the very near future. It's so easy to do, there's really no reason not to build one. How many strains do you have?

Right now I've got wlp001, wlp007, wlp500 and Wyeast 1968. Needing to be cultured up I got JP Bam Biere, Bell's yeast, and Ommegang. I did 5 or 6 vials of each yeast I froze. I figure if I run low on a strain I'll just reculture from the last vial, which should make this yeast last quite awhile.

Dave, I went by Rebel this weekend... and Bobby's too (thank for having us over :mug:)... and picked up some Wy3068 for you.

Billy, thanks for it, but I actually ordered some in a couple weeks ago when I needed some 830 for my lager when the starter never took off.

So I am thinking about getting a keggle for BIAB. I was looking around on craigslist, but didn't find any and decided to call a scrap yard. They told me that you aren't allowed to buy and sell used/decommissioned kegs in TN. Is this something I should be careful of?

I don't think buying kegs is "legal" anywhere for the most part. I'd advise to keep scouring craigslist; something will pop up eventually.

I'm selling a full 7lb co2 tank if anyone wants it. I can bring it to the hop swap. Figured I would offer it up here before placing it on GoLSN or Craigslist. I just bought a 20lb so I don't need this one anymore. It's the exact same one as in the link below.

http://www.bvrgelements.com/product/7-lb-CO2-Tank-Reconditioned-Steel/

I will sell it for $40 (Like I said, it comes full (refilled yesterday) of co2). Which will save you around $15-20, if you bought it outright even at the link's discount.

Hello hello, another Tennessean here that is new to the hobby and the site. Stumbled upon this thread and figured I'd pop in and say cheers.

To all that care and are in the middle Tn area the Stone rep will be at the Brixx Pizza location in hendersonville on April 17th at 7:30 (not too sure on the time though) I plan on going as I love me some Stone Levitation

mcnewcp said:
Alright cool. I'm looking to buy one this week, so let me know soon if possible.

Hey... i didnt hear back from fijidave so its yours... ill bring it to the hop swap.

Back