The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is only when the animal mutation starts attacking humans. We hafta out think these raving monsters. Keep at each other and we'll all just enjoy some popcorn.

You can but would you? And by the time you realized they were there to chew everything up it would be too late.

Fifty. I don't know. Labrador puppies are tougher than Justin Bieber. How many Biebers could you take in a fight? Take the quiz.

Seriously? Back to the argument at hand... what is Bearsharktopus going to do to the tag team of Shark Raptor... slap them silly? Weight is not even a factor. Not to mention, he/she/it has no neck... as long as Shark and Raptor stay at chest level, this fight is over.

Bears weigh like 8-10 tons...

We're gonna need a bigger smoker...

pig-cooker.jpg

pig-2.jpg

Hey Billy, you better get to brewing, I just racked this IIPA into the barrel. I wouldn't think it would take more than 7-10 days, it reeked of whiskey in that thing. How do you like my barrel stand? I'll be a proper redneck in no time.

2012-01-20_17-38-53_507.jpg

Hey Billy, you better get to brewing, I just racked this IIPA into the barrel. I wouldn't think it would take more than 7-10 days, it reeked of whiskey in that thing. How do you like my barrel stand? I'll be a proper redneck in no time.

2012-01-20_17-38-53_507.jpg

Nice! I can't wait to see what it does to the IIPA. I'm thinking a porter would be a good follow up for it.

If anyone is interested and can make it on late notice...

Tennessee Valley Homebrewers are having a brew out tomorrow in Farragut. Billy has already said he's coming. Here's the info...link-a-ma-dink

It nominally starts at 8:30. That's a ghastly hour to be awake, much less brewing (at least as a hobby), so I'll be getting there sometime after 10. I'll be wearing the Oklahoma hoodie.

If anyone is interested and can make it on late notice...

Tennessee Valley Homebrewers are having a brew out tomorrow in Farragut. Billy has already said he's coming. Here's the info...link-a-ma-dink

It nominally starts at 8:30. That's a ghastly hour to be awake, much less brewing (at least as a hobby), so I'll be getting there sometime after 10. I'll be wearing the Oklahoma hoodie.

If anyone wants to come, you can ride along with us... me and scootypuff will be leaving Cookevegas around 9:00 a.m.

Hey this is Aaron from Knoxville, Tn. I met up with Billy and Steve at the Tn Valley Homebrewers meeting today and was directed here. It'll be nice to keep in touch with some local brewers.

Thanks for the invite Steve! We had a blast. And, thanks for letting us have some of that Kolsch, it was quite tasty!

Hi all! Just now getting around to posting in the local thread!

I'm wondering, are any of you good folks near nashville thirsty? I've got a Harpoon Winter Warmer that just went into the keg tonight and i fear that my palate isn't refined enough to give the sort of assessment i feel is necessary. I'd really like to gift some of you guys a couple glasses of brew in exchange for some honest feedback.

Hi all! Just now getting around to posting in the local thread!

I'm wondering, are any of you good folks near nashville thirsty? I've got a Harpoon Winter Warmer that just went into the keg tonight and i fear that my palate isn't refined enough to give the sort of assessment i feel is necessary. I'd really like to gift some of you guys a couple glasses of brew in exchange for some honest feedback.

Live in Hendersonville and I work in Metro Center. If you want to give me a beer I refuse to hold it against you:mug:

Just wanted to say hey and introduce my self to other Tennessee brewers. Been brewing for about 6 months, mostly all mini mashes (I use Deathbrewer's stove top partial mash method). Enjoying the hobby quite a bit. I wanted to ask other people from Nashville area's opinion on their LHBS. I've used both All Seasons and Rebel Brewer, and I seem to get far better quality from Rebel. Anyone else have similar experiences or was it just bad luck the few times at All Seasons?

Just wanted to say hey and introduce my self to other Tennessee brewers. Been brewing for about 6 months, mostly all mini mashes (I use Deathbrewer's stove top partial mash method). Enjoying the hobby quite a bit. I wanted to ask other people from Nashville area's opinion on their LHBS. I've used both All Seasons and Rebel Brewer, and I seem to get far better quality from Rebel. Anyone else have similar experiences or was it just bad luck the few times at All Seasons?

Damn. Now when we say, "You suck!", it doesn't quite have the same feel. Thanks.

More to the point, you are pretty much spot on. The only times I go into All Seasons is in case of emergency or if I need just a small amount of something.

If you read through this thread, you'll notice that we do group buys and order in bulk more than a couple of times a year. When you switch over to all grain, you can buy in bulk and save a bundle.

Mcsuck said:

Go with Rebel, better service and they focus on us brewers.

Personally i use All Seasons, but that's largely because I work in Dickson and it's hard enough to get up there before closing time as it is, much less to get to rebel. That pretty much would force me into saturday store-runs and even then, i work many of those. I feel stupid to order online from a LHBS and if i was forced to that end, i'd just go ahead and use whatever cheapest online source i could find.

Personally i use All Seasons, but that's largely because I work in Dickson and it's hard enough to get up there before closing time as it is, much less to get to rebel. That pretty much would force me into saturday store-runs and even then, i work many of those. I feel stupid to order online from a LHBS and if i was forced to that end, i'd just go ahead and use whatever cheapest online source i could find.

I live like 1 minute away from All Seasons, so it is easy to go there quick and grab something. But I've been getting bigger orders Rebel, purchasing online, then just going and picking it all up on Saturdays. Been working well so far.

I buy from All Seasons because it's not too far from work. I can leave for a few minutes and run over there quickly and grab my supplies. I like Rebel much better though. The guys at Rebel are great and I think they are all pretty much brewers. Not so much at All Seasons.

Alright Steve and Aaron... I'll be trying this tonight. Hopefully it doesn't taste like carbonated Kool-aid like the blue does. ;)

2012-01-24_17-51-43_282.jpg

Question: how much should i be willing to pay for a full size sanke keg around the nashville area? Had someone offering one for $100. Are all sanke's stainless? Thanks!

Question: how much should i be willing to pay for a full size sanke keg around the nashville area? Had someone offering one for $100. Are all sanke's stainless? Thanks!

Like $30-$50 is what I've been seeing the last 6 months on craigslist. $100 maybe for a polished and cut one. There are aluminum ones from what I've heard but I've never seen one. 99% its stainless.;)

Thanks, that's about the price i was expecting to pay for an unmodified keg. I'll just be patient and keep watching CL.

Alright Steve and Aaron... I'll be trying this tonight. Hopefully it doesn't taste like carbonated Kool-aid like the blue does. ;)

2012-01-24_17-51-43_282.jpg

The Red was hard for me to finish... But, I paid enough for it and was determined to finish it.
I grabbed some HOPSLAM while I was in Chicago. $16 per six pack and it is worth every penny. Fresh and delicious! :ban:

volsfan5012 said:
The Red was hard for me to finish... But, I paid enough for it and was determined to finish it.
I grabbed some HOPSLAM while I was in Chicago. $16 per six pack and it is worth every penny. Fresh and delicious! :ban:

I'd love to get one of those Hopslams for a side by side with my clone. Can we work out a deal?

Like JL said, room temp snifter.

I used a Sam Adams "Perfect" Glass... with the beer chilled slightly below room temp. I must say, maybe it's that I'm trying so many of these Belgians now, but I'm starting to get a taste for them. I bet if I tried the Blue again, I could appreciate it a little more. It's just that the first time I tried it, I almost spit it out because it tasted like peppery Kool-aid.

I've heard some great things about HopSlam. If I'm ever up north, I'll definitely have to pick some up. I was pretty excited to see Sierra Nevada Celebration at a local liquor store here. I grabbed some of it, and it did not disappoint.

If I had a choice and could only drink one beer HopSlam or GumballHead...
I would choose GUMBALLHEAD!
It is everything I want in a beer and more (wasn't that a commercial?-jk).

Back