The Great HBT Taco Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an oft debated topic. In my opinion, sandwiches (while a form of taco) are worthy of their own designation.

What say you, Taco People? Sandwich = :taco: ?

I agree actually. Sandwiches can be dank AF.

Off topic but not, with the English muffin double smashburger with cheese.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456967679.643373.jpg

And the price you pay for a smarsh sesh.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456967832.686865.jpg

#sangwish4lyfe
#****tacos
#tacosdontevenhaveathingforwednesday

Really, it is a double standard. Sandwich ≠ Taco, but Taco = Sandwich. Now, I'm firmly on the side of sandwiches are not at all tacos. The reason being is that a taco shell or tortilla is a self contained filling receptacle. You don't make a loaf of taco shells, that would be ridiculous. This is not to take away from sandwiches, as sandwiches are the shizz. You may ask, "what about rolls such as Dutch Crunch, Soft, Sweet, Italian, Sourdough, Ciabatta and the like!?" Well, while you may think these would fit the descriptor of "self contained filling receptacle," you'd be wrong. You still need to slice these before they may accept fillings. As compelling as all this may be, there is still more evidence to damn the catagorization of sandwiches as tacos. Principal being:
taco shells/tortillas do not need yeast.
Sandwich bread must contain yeast for it to rise and become the fluffy wonderful bread that we all know and love.

I hope this clears things up.

Really, it is a double standard. Sandwich ≠ Taco, but Taco = Sandwich. Now, I'm firmly on the side of sandwiches are not at all tacos. The reason being is that a taco shell or tortilla is a self contained filling receptacle. You don't make a loaf of taco shells, that would be ridiculous. This is not to take away from sandwiches, as sandwiches are the shizz. You may ask, "what about rolls such as Dutch Crunch, Soft, Sweet, Italian, Sourdough, Ciabatta and the like!?" Well, while you may think these would fit the descriptor of "self contained filling receptacle," you'd be wrong. You still need to slice these before they may accept fillings. As compelling as all this may be, there is still more evidence to damn the catagorization of sandwiches as tacos. Principal being:
taco shells/tortillas do not need yeast.
Sandwich bread must contain yeast for it to rise and become the fluffy wonderful bread that we all know and love.

I hope this clears things up.

Oh yeah, well if a sandwich is not a taco because bread is not a--and I quote--"self contained filling receptacle," then what is this? Huh? Huh?:

k2-_9399c408-7f37-49b4-981e-4aa378e28c4e.v1.jpg

The last tacos I made were from a smoked bear sirloin roast, man were they good. After going through this thread, like many people, I will be making tacos tonight. Weather is crap and don't have time for the smoker, so I'll probably just use ground bear with seasoning, white corn tortillas, with diced peppers & onions. Quick, simple and easy. :taco:

We had tacos Friday night. Large flour tortillas, filled with ground beef seasoned with the usual ortega stuff. chopped tomatoes, chopped sweet onion & shredded lettuce with salsa & ff sour cream. 5 of them filled a plate. Try killing 5 tacos loaded to the gills that are like a foot in diameter each! I like crunchy corn shells better though. I love that roasted corn flavor & crunch...addictive!
Now if I could shoot all the fox squirrels in my pin oak trees...squirrel asada tacos!:rockin: But...I do sorta miss the old days, when we had to buy corn tortillas & bend/fry them at home. We could adjust the crunch & they tasted so much fresher!

Taco Tuesday is here! Anyone having tacos? Having myself so turkey tacos when I get home from work.

The last tacos I made were from a smoked bear sirloin roast, man were they good. After going through this thread, like many people, I will be making tacos tonight. Weather is crap and don't have time for the smoker, so I'll probably just use ground bear with seasoning, white corn tortillas, with diced peppers & onions. Quick, simple and easy. :taco:
Them sound like some Grizzly tacos, bro!

Taco Tuesday is here! Anyone having tacos? Having myself so turkey tacos when I get home from work.

Murry Taco Tuesmas, :taco: people!

Hells yes, I'm having tacos tonight. Pork is marinating now. Pics to come.

Hunter won't be joining us. He's on a boat somewhere, probably eating some octogenarian's taco.

Carne asada marinated in my torpedo clone (also pictured) amongst other spices on homemade corn tortillas (not those goofy taco Bell crunchy "tortillas" a lot of you use :D). Great taco Tuesday!!

Those look delicious!

I'll take my mediocre :taco: over no :taco: any day though. Now I have :taco: inadequacy.

Had 4 :taco: for dinner. Used 3 different hot sauces, one mild, one spicy and one smokey. All in corn tortilla. Man I love :taco:

My go to is Tapatio or Valintinas. I just hate Tabasco, tastes like vinegar and pepper, gross.

Bleh. Can't stand Tabasco. I can appreciate it for what it is, but I need my hot sauce to have more depth than vinegar and spice. I do like tapatio though

Back