The Great HBT Taco Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do breakfast burritos count as tacos? I'm counting them as tacos. I'm having tacos this morning.
Absofuqinlutely.

Meat wrapped in tortillas = tacos.

Burritos are folded tacos.
See?

In my family, we always spelled it horse divers.
Haha!
this is how I read that at first and instantly thought, "No wonder y'all like tacos so much." then I reread it.
Hahaha!

Ho made breakfast burritos and bacon this morning.

IMG_20160221_120929.jpg

Someone said I should post the dinner I made here.
Lobster tacos with cabbage, homemade salsa and homemade cilantro lime sauce and lobster tots with the same. Lobster was cooked with smoked paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper.

It started with this...
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456099820.529346.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456099842.990115.jpg
Do I get in trouble for posting tots? They complimented my tacos.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456099851.161717.jpg

I made a bunch of smothered taco rolls last night. Some people call them enchiladas. Yes... I know I used flour tortillas, it's all I had on hand.

Make a roux, add 2 cups chicken stock, cook to thicken, cool, add a cup of sour cream and some rotel tomatoes, pour over, add cheese, bake.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456151086.743867.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456151096.996713.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456151113.172472.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456151121.857916.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456151130.979114.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456151143.319067.jpg

Do you all know now that every week on Youtube Chef Rick Bayless posts a new Taco Tuesday recipe video? He started the first tuesday of Jan. and is going all the way through for the whole year.

You should subscribe.

Here's his playlist so far.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL56nrahOIg&list=PLpdGGiEC40GJ-U5aKMVtuxnTaXCcqfLQF[/ame]

If I had known there was a taco thread, I'd have posted it here, but here are some lyrics I wrote about tacos while my daughter was learning the song "You Are a Tourist" by Death Cab for Cutie:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=574315

(Inspired by true events!)
Referencing tacos with a negative connotation. Reported.

Just throw a tortilla on that muffin and you've got a muffin taco!
Muffin taco? :fro:

Do you all know now that every week on Youtube Chef Rick Bayless posts a new Taco Tuesday recipe video? He started the first tuesday of Jan. and is going all the way through for the whole year.

You should subscribe.

Here's his playlist so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL56nrahOIg&list=PLpdGGiEC40GJ-U5aKMVtuxnTaXCcqfLQF

Nice! Thanks, Revvy!

Back