Taplist.IO Free Digital Web Based Tap List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played with this a bit this afternoon. Currently using the Raspberry Pints system. I see more potential users with this because of it's simplicity to set up.

The only problem so far is that the app doesn't seem to be releasing when idle to allow the screen saver to activate. Screensaver will activate when idle but not with the app going. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

The only problem so far is that the app doesn't seem to be releasing when idle to allow the screen saver to activate. Screensaver will activate when idle but not with the app going. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Hmm, first I've heard of this issue, probably because many folks *don't* want the screensaver to start. Should be an easy option for me to add, though; I will look into this soon.

Hmm, first I've heard of this issue, probably because many folks *don't* want the screensaver to start. Should be an easy option for me to add, though; I will look into this soon.

I've used the screensaver with lots of old family pictures along with a motion detector on my RP system since the beginning. When you approach the kegerator (outside), the screensaver goes off and it plays an audio clip from classic movies. I know I can't do that with taplist but everyone seems to really enjoy the screensaver. Lots of times people just stand back and enjoy seeing old family pics. while drinking their beer.

Thanks for considering my request.

Glad it is working for you! "Easy" is feature number one :) .. Though I have some more customization stuff just on the horizon.

Also, I meant to follow up here: there is now ~beta-quality Portrait Mode support. Navigate to your display in Settings -> Displays and change orientation, it should immediately rotate. You'll want to use the single column theme ("Griddy") as others have not been updated yet.

Small new feature: The taplist.io homepage now shows a rotating list of recent updates by various folks. Great for inspiration, some folks have made some cool customizations!

is this software still being supported? I set up an account today but noticed some issues like the colored kegs not working.. The support forum has a thread about thats almost a year old with no answer or solution.. Wondering if anyone here knows the cause or a solution?
thanks,

Ok so the keg images are working on my firestick powered display, I really like the simplicity of this! however I cant for the life of me get the portrait mode to work no matter what I do? it cuts off half the image in portrait mode and it sees the firestick as 981x 552 which I suspect may be the issue.

Back