Illuminated beer medallions on your faucets or towers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawlus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone added either the illuminated or unlit 80mm medallion holders to their tap shanks or kegerator towers?

I’m currently exploring ideas for displaying what’s on tap for a single tap tower kegerator and i like the fit and finish of the fisheye medallions often seen ion european taps.

Designing the 80mm medallions for each beverage doesn’t seem too daunting, im assuming i can then print in high quality color (photo paper) and insert behind the fisheye lens as the beer on tap rotates over time.

Im also assuming i could use a design that replaces the tap tower lid/cover and run the DC power line down the tower into the kegerator and from there out the drain or other access hole to power.

Lastly, i have a pimoroni hyperpixel round display which i may be able to adapt via 3d design and printing to be a “digital label” within the medallion holder and in doing so, perhaps even have a tap label that’s motion graphics or video loop or something like that.

I have it yet purchased the medallion holder as i’m torn between the type thst mounts to the tap shank versus the type that mounts to the tower cover and i’m still collecting info, experiences, things to watch out for and design inspiration.

Has anyone here pursued such a thing? Any places to look for inspiration?
Shank mounted example
Fisheye lens example
Tower lid mounted example
Hyperpixel 2.1r round digital display example

Very interesting, a while back I was looking at about the same idea as you are exploring.

For my bar, instead of using the fish eye lens and lighted frame for the taps, I was thinking of a stand to mount them and just mount it above my beer taps. My beer taps are mounted in an oak box built into the back bar.

So far it's just in the dream stage but now you got me thinking again.

Great ideas, it should be very stylish and unique when you've done!

^another shank mounted example^ similar (maybe the same) as linked earlier.

But most towers will not have an exposed shank section to slip that type of mount on...

Cheers!

Back