TalkBeer 5th Anniversary Celebration in VT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing better to do but to spam this thread for 2 hours...

Feels:

V_zgq7HTT-5tR1RZaR8WGERxUWA=.gif

Did folks stay at Highland Lodge? Any feedback? Been thinking about booking

Everyone (for the most part) stayed at the lodge. I can't speak for everyone but I'd like to think we are all in agreement that it was a great place. The staff was super hospitable, the rooms and cabins were clean, food was good (maple cream! ramen!), and it's 10 min from HF. Wood bang again.

Super friendly staff, great tap list this weekend. The chefs let my wife and I sample some really great dishes. Room was nice, views were nice, would recommend

Breakfast was ok... some fun spreads and breads, but I could just be spoiled by the stage coach.

Super friendly staff, great tap list this weekend. The chefs let my wife and I sample some really great dishes. Room was nice, views were nice, would recommend

Breakfast was ok... some fun spreads and breads, but I could just be spoiled by the stage coach.

This, but I’ll give them props for dealing with us all weekend

First off, a very big thank you to MikeJones and DJPhresh. The weekend did not start out as we hoped, with a totaled car, and they let me and Pneill316 hitch a ride home. (FYI, no injuries and we were fine)

Other than that incident, the weekend was a blast. Met a bunch of great people, put faces to screen names and drank a ton of outstanding beer.

Definitely impressed with how friendly the staff was. Example, we all just sat around in the dining room, cracked some bottles and we were offered a plate of crackers and cheese. When I asked for a tub to collect dirty glasses and mugs, the bartender said, "don't worry, we'll get it". We totally took over the place and they had a smile the whole time.

Definitely impressed with how friendly the staff was. Example, we all just sat around in the dining room, cracked some bottles and we were offered a plate of crackers and cheese. When I asked for a tub to collect dirty glasses and mugs, the bartender said, "don't worry, we'll get it". We totally took over the place and they had a smile the whole time.

Could not agree with this more. The staff were absolutely incredible and the drive to Hill was such a breeze. Would definitely stay there again.

Thanks Os, Gene and everyone else for putting together such a fun weekend!

I'll echo what everyone else here has said. An absolutely fantastic weekend so thanks to everyone who came out (and particularly Os and Gene for putting it together). Cheers to the retail staff at Hill for welcoming us with a sick bottle list for the weekend, and the staff at Highland Lodge for being as friendly and helpful as everyone is saying. I would agree that it would be great if the breakfast offerings, at least on the weekend, were a little bit more substantial. That's a minor quibble though, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

I thought that breakfast was a delight! Especially the muffins on Sunday. Did y'all have those muffins? Holy smokes those were good muffins. I had two.

My only complaint was that our bed was basically just a bag of springs. I'm not sure if other beds were that way, but our room was. Otherwise, I literally have no complaint. Everything was awesome, the staff and service were phenomenal as others have detailed, and the food and drink were great too.

And I won the sock contest.

I thought that breakfast was a delight! Especially the muffins on Sunday. Did y'all have those muffins? Holy smokes those were good muffins. I had two.

My only complaint was that our bed was basically just a bag of springs. I'm not sure if other beds were that way, but our room was. Otherwise, I literally have no complaint. Everything was awesome, the staff and service were phenomenal as others have detailed, and the food and drink were great too.

And I won the sock contest.

My bed was great...but it was one of the king sizes. The second twin bed in the room was eh.

What was your prize?

My only complaint is I’m now acutely aware I should keep my Alice In Chains covers to the car and shower.

Brushing up on my REM and Talking Heads tracks so I can stick to singing mono-note karaoke songs with JulianB next year.

Yeah but your rendition of "Friends in Low Places" was the crossover hit of the night, and successfully unified the out-of-town shitlords and kindly locals in song.

Echoing all the other positive sentiments, I could not have had a better time this weekend. Vermont is the best. You guys are the best. It only took five liters of Edward for me to get warmed up for karaoke, but I made it just in time. Next year, I swear, I will be up there earlier in the night. Next year, I must remember to drink on the bus.

Special thanks to Os for doing all the heavy lifting to prep this event. Highland lodge was 100% his idea, and 100% his execution. All thanks that might have even partially been directed to me should definitely be directed squarely at him. :)

PSA: If you just got home and you're like, "man, what am I gonna do with this giant TalkBeer glass," and also, "man, when am I gonna drink all these cans of fresh, delicious beer," you're in luck. That glass is so good at fitting multiple cans of beer inside.

Talk beer Delivers Once Again!!! Can't give enough Love & Thanks to Os & Gene for an incredible special weekend! So Awesome to Meet Everyone.

Highland Lodge was so Spot On. Food and service was impeccable. Totally nailed it Os! Will be staying there in the future for sure.

Thank you Everyone & Can't Wait for the Next One! There was even a Dead Set at Parker Pies that night. Manchester City Lost & looks like Everyone made it Home Safely~ Great Weekend!

Back