Swmbo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with goochy, people who say SWMBO are pretty much beating a dead horse.

Its really pretty dumb and I just wish people would say wife/girlfriend and stop crapping all over the English language. I bet Sam Calagione wouldn't do it

Sorry guys its dumb, And hey goochy I heard you got stairs in your house.

Some Wanker Hates, Board Offended

Sam Without Humor Boringly Obtuse

SWMBO is possibly the dumbest acronym I've ever seen. I'd never run into it until I started reading posts here.

Its really pretty dumb and I just wish people would say wife/girlfriend and stop crapping all over the English language. I bet Sam Calagione wouldn't do it

SWMBO is a simple interweb acronym, I and my SWMBO work together as well she is a brewer and is also a member here, in return she refers to me as HWMBO.

There is not an implied domination when using either of those terms.
Honestly I would like to think of them as terms of endearment.
I am sorry that either of you two may have taken offense to them.

But, both of them are used often around here.

Typical woman.:rolleyes:

I love you. :)

A little SWMBO trivia;

The first use of swmbo was in the serialized novel "She" by H. Rider Haggard published between October 1886 to January 1887....IIRC it is part of the Alan Quartermain novels...Remember the movie King Solomon's Mine

And the Sean Connery Character in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

51G1TFS54JL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

You can read the novel online it looks like...Bibliomania: Free Online Literature and Study Guides

And Ursula Andres made a damn fine looking one in the 1966 film version.

She_movie.jpg

ua012.jpg

huminahuminahumina!!!!!!

Anyone remember this thread???? https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/who-wears-pants-round-here-72230/

Or this one?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/why-i-hate-swmbo-71202/

Now if you buggers can't tell that when we say it is a term of endearment to our wife/gf/bf/person in the house with us.

swmbo can also be mother daughter whoever.

if you don't like it then just to read the threads with it.

just my .02

He doesn't really seem to grasp how this is done! :D

uhm, yeah. I think he is usually drunk. There is a long story. But, mainly he is Canadian, and we cut him some slack:)

**** He Might Be Obtuse

lol (lots of love:)

Hey now! No being EAC in here! I'm 2 Gentleman Jacks into the night and just put some special reserve Post Whore's Delight in the ice box. DO NOT MESS WITH ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back