Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back row:
Brewer's Art La Petroleuse
Big Island Brewhaus Overboard IPA
XXX Shine Salted Caramel Corn Whiskey

12oz bottles:
Yards Brewing Company Philadelphia Pale Ale
Yards Brewing Company Poor Richard's Tavern Spruce
Yards Brewing Company Brawler (2x)
Troegs Java Head
Stillwater Cellar Door
DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus
Philadelphia Brewing Company Walt Wit
Westvleteren 12
DogFish Head 120 Minute IPA

Cans:
Maui Brewing Company CocoNut Porter
St. Feullien Saison
SlyFox Pikeland Pils (2x)
Old Forge Overbite IPA
Wild Onion Hop Slayer

Snacks:
Asher's Dark Chocolate Smothered Pretzels
Tasty-Klair Tastykake
French Apple Tastykake
Pumpkin Tastykake

Paper:
cocktail suggestions for the salted caramel whiskey
note from BeerMeDuffMan
Beer Advocate #80 (which I'll probably pass on with the package I send since I also have a subscription)
Philly Beer Scene #27

It's like Christmas here. :)

That Poor Richards also took back some honors from GAFB under the specialty beer category as well. I clear forgot about that one.

Packed, taped and labeled. The Chicago-bomb should go out today heading somewhere in the US. Scale at home said 27 lbs but the scale at Fedex said 32, good thing I printed out my label at home ;)(also I did get the discount for signing up for FedEx account).

Got some Ohio beers (and some Three Floyds) ready to go. Going to hit up a brewery tonight to get some goodies. Hopefully I can ship tomorrow.

Packed, taped and labeled. The Chicago-bomb should go out today heading somewhere in the US. Scale at home said 27 lbs but the scale at Fedex said 32, good thing I printed out my label at home ;)(also I did get the discount for signing up for FedEx account).

You will still be charged the 32 lb rate unfortunately. That is why they wait until after delivery to charge your card when you have an account.

36# package waiting for fedex, heading east. If i hand delivered it by walking it would take me about 800 hours or I would be there for Thanksgiving dinner to share a brew.

You will still be charged the 32 lb rate unfortunately. That is why they wait until after delivery to charge your card when you have an account.

Guess I'll have to wait and see. I know I've had the difference in the past with trades on here and never got charged anything else. Maybe my local FedEx just has some lazy employees.

Started growing my porch watch beard...let's see how long I can get it lol

Since I'm sitting this round out my porchwatch beard is getting angry.

n3tlkwA.jpg

Looks like I need to get in gear for round six... I just did my first two trades this week so I'm getting in the spirit!! I'll keep watch and up those posts....

Looks like I need to get in gear for round six... I just did my first two trades this week so I'm getting in the spirit!! I'll keep watch and up those posts....

You have a box going out today Puck. Not sure of the weight, but should definitely be nice!

BeerMeDuffMan said:
I dunno about anybody else, but the month of October completely obliterated my wallet due to trades lol

You ain't kiddin man. I have this swap box coming, a few other trades coming, and still spent another $90 yesterday. Found a nice stash of MBCo Lunch and nebco Premeditated Murder and couldn't refuse!

How'd you like 2 Roads?

Rosemary > Local pumpkin beers. I can see why that beer was hard to come by up there. The Dry Hopped Pils was really decent too, man. I think I liked that a lot more then I was expecting. I plan on going with the blonde ale tonight after getting some work done.

This is why I had to sit out the last two rounds and grant no maws lol...

I had this thread box go out, three trades, two coming up and bought in with another guy for a Belgium in a Box.
I may be out the next round unless I hit a lottery, rob a bank or snag a bonus check from work lol

BeerMeDuffMan said:
I had this thread box go out, three trades, two coming up and bought in with another guy for a Belgium in a Box.
I may be out the next round unless I hit a lottery, rob a bank or snag a bonus check from work lol

I vote to robbing the bank.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
I dunno about anybody else, but the month of October completely obliterated my wallet due to trades lol

That's why I sat this round out. Did you try the Rumpkin yet?

That's why I sat this round out. Did you try the Rumpkin yet?

Not yet man, that one is being saved for Halloween after I take the kids out. Once we get back, I'll light up a fire, we will all make some smores and I can finally have that one
Anything in that box I sent you that stood out?

Didn't get back to FedEx yesterday to drop it off, but I am heading there in a couple minutes, so probably by Tuesday someone should get some goodies.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Not yet man, that one is being saved for Halloween after I take the kids out. Once we get back, I'll light up a fire, we will all make some smores and I can finally have that one Anything in that box I sent you that stood out?

Loved both the back in black and brew free. Haven't cracked anything else yet. The dragon's milk likely won't survive the weekend...

Tough Friday at work and I come home to this.

ForumRunner_20131025_175704.jpg

ForumRunner_20131025_175715.jpg

ForumRunner_20131025_175724.jpg

ForumRunner_20131025_175735.jpg

Holy ****. Pluchar with the hook up.

Also, left to right.

Reaper vs unicorn
Ninja vs unicorn
NvU pajama party
3f drunk monk
3f broodoo
Revolution double fist
Gumballhead
Pride and joy
Zombie dust
Schlafly pale ale
4 revolution bottoms up wit
2 revolution oktoberfest

What a hit!

Epics bagged, tagged and ready to roll...but I'm not at the office so it'll go out on Monday. Gives me time to find one last bottle to cram into the box. I may have to shrink wrap this b

Er, that was last time.

7 bombers in mine so I guess I'll amend it...

Bombs away with some shrapnel

InityBrew said:
Tough Friday at work and I come home to this. Holy ****. Pluchar with the hook up. Also, left to right. Reaper vs unicorn Ninja vs unicorn NvU pajama party 3f drunk monk 3f broodoo Revolution double fist Gumballhead Pride and joy Zombie dust Schlafly pale ale 4 revolution bottoms up wit 2 revolution oktoberfest What a hit!

Glad you liked it! I was a bit nervous, being my first swap and all. Happy it all made it ok!

Mine is set to be delivered on Thursday next week. So if you live on the east coast get ready next week

InityBrew said:
Tough Friday at work and I come home to this. Holy ****. Pluchar with the hook up. Also, left to right. Reaper vs unicorn Ninja vs unicorn NvU pajama party 3f drunk monk 3f broodoo Revolution double fist Gumballhead Pride and joy Zombie dust Schlafly pale ale 4 revolution bottoms up wit 2 revolution oktoberfest What a hit!

Wow... That's a nice haul!!

Back