Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL don't sweat it man. The more you think about it, the longer it takes :cross:
On the plus side, you won't have that problem next round

My wife and I were both excited to see that in the box you sent. We both tasted it a few years ago at GABF and really like it. Looking forward to that one. :)

MBC is practically all I drank on our Wedding Moon back in 2010. I remember walking all over Maui wearing my Shane Victorino jersey and not having to stand in line for anything any where. Everybody thought I personally knew him and wanted to talk about him. I wound up even 'borrowing' a Re-Elect Victorino sign (his dad is on the island council)
I had the coconut porter, Big Wave IPA, Mana, anything I could get my hands on. I wound up going home with a pint glass, a hat and a tee-shirt because I enjoyed their beer that much.
I really can't wait to go back and do a tour at their new facility lol

Maine Brewing Company is now available in Illinois for those of us here. Still mostly just towards the city, but still. Shouldn't be long before I can get Lunch whenever I want! Glad I just had my buddy drag some back from Buffalo, lol.

You guys sure do know how to torture a noob.
You got your feedback at least ;)

kind of feeling like this waiting for my package to get here ;)
Waiting.jpg

Got this awesome haul from canti4341! Best part is, since it's been in a truck in 30 degree northwest ohio all day, its already damn cold! No waiting for it to chill!

ForumRunner_20131112_183359.jpg

ForumRunner_20131112_183415.jpg

ForumRunner_20131112_183428.jpg

ForumRunner_20131112_183442.jpg

I need a bigger fridge!

ForumRunner_20131112_183457.jpg

Thanks again, man. The Endeavour was damn delicious!

I'm heading down to Houston soon. Is RU-55 hard to find, or is it on most shelves?

RU-55 is only at the brewery at the moment. It used to be distributed so if you happen across a bottle then snatch it up but i wouldn't get my hopes up on finding one.

RU-55 is only at the brewery at the moment. It used to be distributed so if you happen across a bottle then snatch it up but i wouldn't get my hopes up on finding one.

Sold out at the brewery as well, you won't be finding a bottle on shelves, if you post on BA that you want to do an in person trade you would easily find someone willing to swap with you, maybe even DisturbedChemist.

Nice man! If you happen to come across some of the BCBS Coconut we should talk :)

When i was at Binny's last week (picking up another bottle of Utopias :D), I asked what they expected on the BCBS release. Sounds like most stores should get theirs the week after Thanksgiving. That's a good thing for me, I'll be out of town Thanksgiving weekend.

When i was at Binny's last week (picking up another bottle of Utopias :D), I asked what they expected on the BCBS release. Sounds like most stores should get theirs the week after Thanksgiving. That's a good thing for me, I'll be out of town Thanksgiving weekend.

Keep me posted brother, I would gladly trade with you if you want

I was contemplating getting a bottle of Utopias. Saw that a "reenlightened" liquor store in my home town of Plano(IL, not TX) has a bottle there and it's listed on beer menus for $199, which is the retail price, but I've never seen it actually on a shelf for that, it's always $225-$275.

I just couldn't see myself drinking it. I think I would only get it to turn around and attempt to sell it on an auction site in 5 years or whatever.

I was contemplating getting a bottle of Utopias. Saw that a "reenlightened" liquor store in my home town of Plano(IL, not TX) has a bottle there and it's listed on beer menus for $199, which is the retail price, but I've never seen it actually on a shelf for that, it's always $225-$275.

I just couldn't see myself drinking it. I think I would only get it to turn around and attempt to sell it on an auction site in 5 years or whatever.

Yep, I paid $199, and the 2005 bottle i have still has the $149 price tag on it, even though I could have sworn that I paid $125.

I haven't gotten myself to drink the 2005. Most of my friends thought that I'd open it for my wedding last year, but while there was some Dark Lord and KBS bottles emptied that day, the Utopias stayed at home.

I told myself that buying the second bottle makes me more likely to drink the first, but I don't know.

I would buy a bottle or two, but stupid Ohio thinks it has too much alcohol to qualify as beer, and won't allow it. How that makes sense, I have no idea.

Definitely haven't been able to justify buying a Utopias although I've considered it every time I've had the opportunity. I've been lucky enough to be able to try a few different vintages at my local pub, and while that was pricey at $10 per oz it's better than paying over $200 just to sit on it. Cause that's exactly what I'd end up doing too.

Definitely haven't been able to justify buying a Utopias although I've considered it every time I've had the opportunity. I've been lucky enough to be able to try a few different vintages at my local pub, and while that was pricey at $10 per oz it's better than paying over $200 just to sit on it. Cause that's exactly what I'd end up doing too.

I'd jump all over a $10 1oz pour of Utopias. Then I'd know if i like it enough to keep it or not!;)

Mmmmm Utopias....
Clare rose on long island already have price sheets and is claiming to have BCBS on the shelve black Friday (release day)

I paid 215 out the door when I picked up an '11 last year.
Saw a local put it on the shelve for 250 and laughed, mark up on some "beer" is ridiculous.
Its also not a "drinking" beer, the flavors are pretty crazy and it has tons of layers as it warms.
I break it out for special events and still have a pretty good chunk of the bottle left.

Yep, I paid $199, and the 2005 bottle i have still has the $149 price tag on it, even though I could have sworn that I paid $125.

I haven't gotten myself to drink the 2005. Most of my friends thought that I'd open it for my wedding last year, but while there was some Dark Lord and KBS bottles emptied that day, the Utopias stayed at home.

I told myself that buying the second bottle makes me more likely to drink the first, but I don't know.

2005 Utopias Mmmmmm
What could I trade you for that!?!

I would buy a bottle or two, but stupid Ohio thinks it has too much alcohol to qualify as beer, and won't allow it. How that makes sense, I have no idea.

*note to self: never move to ohio*

Different vintages at 10$ a pour is pretty awesome. 750ml bottle retails for 199 so at that rate the bar owner is only making 40-60 a bottle depending on pours.

I'm seeing that there are a few people that will have BCBS on Black Friday, but only a select few shops. I think there are only some certain distributor partners that have cases allocated for that release. nationwide should be the week after, sadly with the exception of Georgia.

BeerMeDuffMan said:
Sam Adams Utopia? Yep...a single bottle is that much money. Its must be nice lol

The story is that they have naturally selected yeast that can survive very high alcohol conditions. I think they are up to low 30% ABV with only fermentation; no ice removal.

The story is that they have naturally selected yeast that can survive very high alcohol conditions. I think they are up to low 30% ABV with only fermentation; no ice removal.

Fermentation science is just the balls! Makes me wish I had a better understanding of chemical make up and math.

Latest posts

Back