Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean look back at check-ins of a certain beer?

Go to said beers check in page and click YOUR "unique check in" # (# all the way to the right)

JUst had king henry for the second time and went back to view the first check (2 years ago) in by clicking on my "unique check in" "1"

For IPAs that i have multiple checkins it will show me each check-in also.

They have a mobile site platform that behaves like an app.

No, I meant more like I can't go through and input all of the beers that I can think of off of the top of my head so I can get a total list of beers I've had. Well, you can't do that without putting it on there that you're drinking it right now. So the initial setup if you want to do it that way makes it look like you've drank hundreds of different beers in the span of an hour, lol.

See what I mean, you can't just add to your total database without mentioning that you're drinking it at that moment.(at least I've never seen how to do this).

No, I meant more like I can't go through and input all of the beers that I can think of off of the top of my head so I can get a total list of beers I've had. Well, you can't do that without putting it on there that you're drinking it right now. So the initial setup if you want to do it that way makes it look like you've drank hundreds of different beers in the span of an hour, lol.

See what I mean, you can't just add to your total database without mentioning that you're drinking it at that moment.(at least I've never seen how to do this).

Ah gotcha. I found the app at the begginging of my craft career so i didnt encounter that. Seems more like a glass half full kind of problem, YOU know your just entering them into your database and being drank before so it shouldnt make much confusion but i do understand where your coming from.

I like the app because its short and sweet and right to the point.
160 characters and a 5 star review rating with half stars.
I dont like to take 10-15min picking flavors out of a beer to write a full review against look.body.palate.mouthfeel and closing remarks lol.

Funny because BA just moved to the "had" check in where u just list a numerical rating...seems counterintuitive to give a rating without "reason" just my .02

Cheers!

Ah gotcha. I found the app at the begginging of my craft career so i didnt encounter that. Seems more like a glass half full kind of problem, YOU know your just entering them into your database and being drank before so it shouldnt make much confusion but i do understand where your coming from.

I like the app because its short and sweet and right to the point.
160 characters and a 5 star review rating with half stars.
I dont like to take 10-15min picking flavors out of a beer to write a full review against look.body.palate.mouthfeel and closing remarks lol.

Funny because BA just moved to the "had" check in where u just list a numerical rating...seems counterintuitive to give a rating without "reason" just my .02

Cheers!

Agreed, it's being nitpicky and not that big of a deal, it just makes me laugh when I add 20 and look at the date and shows that I drank them all within minutes. About the only thing I would change is that they would add the ability to add a "had before" instead of "having now".

Also, I'm with you on the reviews. Very rarely do I take a sip of a beer and want to write a paragraph, then take another sip, and another paragraph, and so on. My reviews are almost always fine fitting into 160 or less characters.

Ale smith, yule smith
Blue point brewing-rastafa rye, wet hops experiment, american pale ale.
Troegs, mad elf ale
Evil twin, imperial biscotti break
Allagash, 2013 hugh malone ale
Weyerbacher, athea
St, pumking
Brooklyn, pale ale
Ithica beer co. Flower power
Victory, hop devil
otter creek, double dose ipa
Allagash, white
Blue point, hopitcal illusion
Flying dog- singlenhop simcoe iipa, raging ***** belgian style ipa
ForumRunner_20131108_135639.jpg

ForumRunner_20131108_135659.jpg

ForumRunner_20131108_135720.jpg

Thanks for the trade, its quite a haul. I can't wait to start drinking them.

I started Untappd last year and have been a craft drinker since the 90's but chose to not enter everything that I had previously had. It's still been a ton of fun racking up unique beers and collecting badges. So it's by no means an all inclusive list of every beer I've ever had and I'm cool with that.

DrPhunk said:
I started Untappd last year and have been a craft drinker since the 90's but chose to not enter everything that I had previously had. It's still been a ton of fun racking up unique beers and collecting badges. So it's by no means an all inclusive list of every beer I've ever had and I'm cool with that.

The badges are a great feature. I wouldn't mind turning them into coasters or something else. Craft since the 90s? Man- I wasn't even driving then. Cheers

fernsanity said:
The badges are a great feature. I wouldn't mind turning them into coasters or something else. Craft since the 90s? Man- I wasn't even driving then. Cheers

I was starting school!

Ale smith, yule smith
Blue point brewing-rastafa rye, wet hops experiment, american pale ale.
Troegs, mad elf ale
Evil twin, imperial biscotti break
Allagash, 2013 hugh malone ale
Weyerbacher, athea
St, pumking
Brooklyn, pale ale
Ithica beer co. Flower power
Victory, hop devil
otter creek, double dose ipa
Allagash, white
Blue point, hopitcal illusion
Flying dog- singlenhop simcoe iipa, raging ***** belgian style ipa

Thanks for the trade, its quite a haul. I can't wait to start drinking them.

Cool man....glad it all arrived in one piece....well, 17 pieces. Lemme know how that Althea is. I got a bottle i'm waiting to drink. Enjoy.

Agreed, it's being nitpicky and not that big of a deal, it just makes me laugh when I add 20 and look at the date and shows that I drank them all within minutes. About the only thing I would change is that they would add the ability to add a "had before" instead of "having now".

Also, I'm with you on the reviews. Very rarely do I take a sip of a beer and want to write a paragraph, then take another sip, and another paragraph, and so on. My reviews are almost always fine fitting into 160 or less characters.

Not a bad idea, although i think the point of the app originally was for location of drinking and updating a user on what they can have in their area. (bars location, availability of searchable beer)
The company is based on there app and "mobility" so i dont think they want to start pushing new users to the website to fill out multiple "hads"

Sorry been drinking a little not being defensive at all, just really enjoy the app lol. Check it out and check in to random beers as you remember flavor profiles. Not sure if you were the one asking but it is the best UI ive had seen in any beer app.

Back to drinking IPAs....on stout day....because thats what people do!:off:

absoluthamm said:
I got my stout day badge for the Joe Mama's Milk Stout that Psycotte sent me ;)
Had my first founders breakfast stout today, it was damn good! Although there was a chunk of something slimy but firm that made it to my mouth. I just spit it out and continued drinking.

aeviaanah said:
Had my first founders breakfast stout today, it was damn good! Although there was a chunk of something slimy but firm that made it to my mouth. I just spit it out and continued drinking.

Could have been your golden ticket to the Pawtucket Brewery! If you don't watch family guy then what I said won't make any sense. Nice job working through the chunk though!

In April I think the Kentucky breakfast stout comes out. Be sure to try that. You may not think its possible but it blows the standard breakfast stout out of the water

I got my stout day badge for the Joe Mama's Milk Stout that Psycotte sent me ;)

Mine was with Vals Udeer love he send me!
Cheers!

Was it on a '13 batch?
Not the first time i heard this with founders darker beers but aged not fresh, seems to be a gummy mass of trub/yeat/coldbreak that congeals. Founders has acknowledged it and said its nothing to worry about...lol

You didn't end up having it for breakfast did you? Should have...
Could have been your golden ticket to the Pawtucket Brewery! If you don't watch family guy then what I said won't make any sense. Nice job working through the chunk though!

Just be careful on your way home...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buHv1EvUHj0

I wasnt gonna let some chunk stop me from enjoying this world class beer!
In April I think the Kentucky breakfast stout comes out. Be sure to try that. You may not think its possible but it blows the standard breakfast stout out of the water
Not sure if I can get it in CA. Ill see if I can make a trade with someone!
Mine was with Vals Udeer love he send me!
Cheers!

Was it on a '13 batch?
Not the first time i heard this with founders darker beers but aged not fresh, seems to be a gummy mass of trub/yeat/coldbreak that congeals. Founders has acknowledged it and said its nothing to worry about...lol
Couldnt find a date on the bottle, this bottle was sent to me from two_hearted. Maybe he can chine in.
You didn't end up having it for breakfast did you? Should have...

Just be careful on your way home...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buHv1EvUHj0
No I had it for dinner. Breakfast for dinner, ever heard of that? :)

aeviaanah said:
No, Dinnereakfast Im saving the breakfast stout you sent me for a nice cold winter day. Light the fireplace, you know that type of thing! Package will be at UPS today and should leave monday.

Cool cool! Nothing like a breakfast stout in the dead of winter.

Cool cool! Nothing like a breakfast stout in the dead of winter.

hopefully these homebrews im sending stay carbonated. I filled from tap. I sent 3 of my homebrews. IPA, belgian lager and dunkleweizen

aeviaanah said:
hopefully these homebrews im sending stay carbonated. I filled from tap. I sent 3 of my homebrews. IPA, belgian lager and dunkleweizen

Ahhh!! I can't wait!

I wasnt gonna let some chunk stop me from enjoying this world class beer!

Not sure if I can get it in CA. Ill see if I can make a trade with someone!

Couldnt find a date on the bottle, this bottle was sent to me from two_hearted. Maybe he can chine in.

No I had it for dinner. Breakfast for dinner, ever heard of that? :)

Well I had a few bottles that I was aging and I think it might have been either an '11 or '12. Also might have been a 13 haha. I didn't exactly organize them in any way. I have another bottle in the keezer that I can ID.

I'll try to snag as much KBS as I can when it comes out and would be happy to trade with some folks.

Latest posts

Back