Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had a few bottles that I was aging and I think it might have been either an '11 or '12. Also might have been a 13 haha. I didn't exactly organize them in any way. I have another bottle in the keezer that I can ID.

I'll try to snag as much KBS as I can when it comes out and would be happy to trade with some folks.

I call dibs!

Just drank a Fat Heads Head hunter...for a beer I never heard of I have to say wow!! One of my new favorites. Clean like pliny with much more hop flavor.

Well I had a few bottles that I was aging and I think it might have been either an '11 or '12. Also might have been a 13 haha. I didn't exactly organize them in any way. I have another bottle in the keezer that I can ID.

I'll try to snag as much KBS as I can when it comes out and would be happy to trade with some folks.

I can't wait for KBS to come out next year
;-)

Just drank a Fat Heads Head hunter...for a beer I never heard of I have to say wow!! One of my new favorites. Clean like pliny with much more hop flavor.

Yeah man, Fat Heads is awesome! They won a medal at GABF for their double IPA this year. Wish I could get my hands on some of it.

image-2190061125.jpg

Rocking this with some Goodfellas. Thanks again Dan! Hope the thankyou package made it there ok

Oh, I thought I sent you some too. That might have been the last round.

Wait, you did send me it. Your stuff is on the left, Pluchars is on the right.
I guess i assumed you didnt because you said you wish you could get your hands on some.

I just opened a Goose Island Harvest Ale. Never had this one before but it is top notch!

bcros80 said:
rocking this with some goodfellas. Thanks again dan! Hope the thankyou package made it there ok

Awesome! Goodfellas is one of my favorites. And yes, the completely unnecessary Thank You package arrived yesterday. :)
image-984864156.jpg

TheMan is not an actual being.....just an imaginary figment of imaginations worldwide. Forget what you know about TheMan, for he exists not.

Johnnyhitch1 said:
Mine was with Vals Udeer love he send me! Cheers! Was it on a '13 batch? Not the first time i heard this with founders darker beers but aged not fresh, seems to be a gummy mass of trub/yeat/coldbreak that congeals. Founders has acknowledged it and said its nothing to worry about...lol

How did you like that udder love ?

Cathedral said:
howboutsomefeedbackcoughcoughcough
It must be getting cold out in ohio. Lol. I was about to do so. I am cracking this buckeye bottle open then I will post some feedback.

It must be getting cold out in ohio. Lol. I was about to do so. I am cracking this buckeye bottle open then I will post some feedback.

Cold it is. We had some snow the other night.

Buckeye is a beer that's been brewed around here since the turn of the century. Whenever I know there are going to be BMC drinkers at a party, I'll buy some Buckeye. It's just your typical american adjunct lager, but I'll gladly buy a case of it because I know it supports the brewery. And you can't send a package from Toledo without sending a Buckeye.

Are FedEx/UPS delivering today? I am sure USPS is not, but don't know about the others due to the holiday

This wasn't part of the trade, but here is my haul that my buddy brought me from Buffalo. Hoping for someone in the next round not on the East Coast so I can maybe add some of this in to their box.

Left to Right
Caldera Hop Hash
Elysian Manic Series IPA
Elysian Oddland Peppercorn Saison
Elysian Dragonstooth
Flying Bison Buffalo IPA
Ithaca Flower Power
Weyerbacher Last Chance IPA
Ithaca Cascazilla
Troegs JavaHead Stout
Growler of Brooklyn Pilsner(distribution is here, my buddy just wanted the growler...)
Troegs Mad Elf
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot
New England Brewing 668 The Neighbor of the Beast
New England Brewing Wet Willy
Maine Beer Co. Mo
Main Beer Co. King Titus
Maine Beer Co. Zoe
Maine Beer Co. Peeper Ale

buffalo.jpg

This wasn't part of the trade, but here is my haul that my buddy brought me from Buffalo. Hoping for someone in the next round not on the East Coast so I can maybe add some of this in to their box.

Left to Right
Caldera Hop Hash
Elysian Manic Series IPA
Elysian Dragonstooth
Flying Bison Buffalo IPA
Ithaca Flower Power
Ithaca Cascazilla
Troegs JavaHead Stout
Growler of Brooklyn Pilsner(distribution is here, my buddy just wanted the growler...)
Troegs Mad Elf
Maine Beer Co. Mo
Main Beer Co. King Titus
Maine Beer Co. Zoe

Probably took you longer to set up the photo shoot then it was to drink a six pack lol
That there is a nice haul

Left to Right
Caldera Hop Hash
Elysian Manic Series IPA
Elysian Dragonstooth
Flying Bison Buffalo IPA
Ithaca Flower Power
Ithaca Cascazilla
Troegs JavaHead Stout
Troegs Mad Elf
Maine Beer Co. Mo
Main Beer Co. King Titus
Maine Beer Co. Zoe

I'd love to get some flower power, double simcoe and 668! Let me know if you want to setup a small trade.

My favorite porter is the bourbon barrel porter from Alewerks in Williamsburg VA. Do yourselves a favor and get you some!

My favorite porter is the bourbon barrel porter from Alewerks in Williamsburg VA. Do yourselves a favor and get you some!

Reading these posts is not doing my wallet any favors. My wallet has a dead moth in it...that's it.
My to drink list keeps growing and growing lol

Back