Super quick carb methods?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugwump3

Reaction score
Hey all,
It's tuesday night and I just kegged a cream ale. I need it as presentable and carbed as possible before Friday evening.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

get it cold. set your regulator at 40psi. lay the keg on it's side and agitate it for 5 minutes (you'll hear the co2 bubbling). then sit it up back in the fridge on 40psi for 24 hours. Then turn your regulator down to serving pressure ( i usually set it at 12 psi but thats high for most people). It should be good to go by Friday.

I don't really like shaking my kegs, so I'll just use a higher than normal psi. For example, Sunday I kegged a Golden Blonde @ 4:00pm, set the reg @ 20psi and by Tues (48 hrs) it was (not perfectly) carbed. I'll let it sit @ 11psi (without ever venting) & it will be perfect by Thursday-maybe tonight. I've also used 30psi for 36hrs, but needed to vent before serving.

-d

Get the beer cold. That's numero uno. Once it's down under 40*, put it on 30psi for 24-36 hours. Check it at 24, it's still on the flat side, give it 12 more hours. Then vent the keg, and reduce the psi to serving pressure.

I've done several variations of the quick carb in the past. 36/hrs @ 30 being the most frequent. In most cases it was well carbed but usually tasted of acid bite and green beer. I'd just as soon not serve beer that way. Now I do 30 psi for 24 hours, drop it to serving pressure and leave it alone for as long as it takes.

Back