Little carbonation after a week in the keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDRJ

Reaction score
As the title suggests. I am having an issue with not enough carbonation on my beer.

It's my first time kegging so please excuse my misunderstanding if there is any.

I racked a cream ale into my pinlock keg, pressurized it to 12psi and left it in the keezer for a week at 3C, leaving the gas on it the whole time.

I sprayed the connections and did not see a leak anywhere so I don't think it is that..

I have also tried to punch up the pressure last night to 15psi but still very little carbonation.

I also checked line length and I am good there too.

Any insight would be wonderful. Thank you.

At one week using constant "chart" pressure, you're basically half way there. I've been using the same "set and forget" carbonation technique for 15 years and on a full cornelius style keg it takes a few days more than two weeks to reach equilibrium.

Patience shall be rewarded :)

Cheers!

Did you purge all of the air from the headspace in the keg after filling with beer? If not then your CO2 partial pressure will only be 12 psia, rather than 26.7 psia if the headspace was pure CO2. 12 psia of CO2 is equivalent to -2.7 psi gauge. That not going to give you any noticeable carbonation.

Brew on :mug:

Latest posts

Back