Stout flavor after 4 weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boredatwork

Reaction score
Feel free to offer your insight if you know what a 5 week old pre-carbonated stout should taste like.

I just started carbonation yesterday, but I tasted it when it went in to the fermenter, four weeks later when it came out of the fermenter, and after a week of cold conditioning. It tasted as is I was drinking flat beer that was poured into a glass that was half full of star san (or at least what I think that would taste like).

In my experience beer will usually taste pretty close to the final product before carbonating, but I also know that carbonation can really change the flavor experience of a beer as well.

My hope is that either carbonation or more time will fix it. But if its just green then this is the greenest beer I have ever tasted, although this is also the highest gravity beer I have made at 1.076.

You said it man, it's green. And with an OG that high, you'll want to let it sit in the bottles for at least 2 months. The longer the better.

Back