Stone Levetation Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toothman

Reaction score
Does anyone have an extract version recipe for a Stone Levitation clone? thank you.

This is supposedly Jamil's recipe, should be easy enough to convert to extract.

Batch Size (Gal): 6.00
Wort Boil Time: 90 Minutes
Yeast: WL007 English Dry
Ferment at 68F
Mash at 157F

9.37.00 lbs. UK Pale
1.1 lbs. Crystal 75L
.55 lbs. Crystal 150L
.06 lbs. Black Malt

.50 oz. Columbus 90 min.
1.02 oz. Amarillo 30 min.
1.16 oz. Crystal 20 min.
0.39 oz. Simcoe 20 min.
1.50 oz. Amarillo @ Dry Hop

You can download a trial of BeerSmith and enter ANY All Grain recipe into it to be converted to extract. I've never worked with one of the converted recipes, but I imagine it does a pretty good job!

This one is pretty straight forward though. I think the conversion for base malt is 0.6 per pound with DME and 0.75 per pound with LME.

So in this case you'd just use like 5.6lbs of DME or 7lbs of LME instead of the UK Pale. I'm assuming light or extra light extract would be a good substitute.

Thanks for the replies guys. I tasted Stone Levitation for the first time the other night and decided I'd try a stab at brewing a clone. I love the strong smell and taste of the hops in it but I'd like to tone down the bitterness. I guess I can add the hops later in the boil but I'm afraid I'll loose some of the aroma and taste that I like. Any suggestions ?

It's funny you bring that up because according to Stone this beer is 45 IBUs, but playing around with the calculations, boil sizes and SG of the wort, I still get much higher than that. Doing a full boil (which I'm sure is what Jamil used) I get around 85 IBUs. If you want to cut down on bitterness but keep aroma and flavor, I would cut the first 2 hop additions in half (assuming a full boil.)

Back