Still alive - just tackling a HUGE DIY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry - been working on lots of smaller projects, but nothing a photo would really show. I'm hanging some more drywall and I'll snap some pix.

Some more drywall progress...

Master closet:

Closet1.JPG

And looking the other way:

Closet2.JPG

And one of the kids rooms:

CurveDW1.JPG

Curved drywall is ok to do, not impossible, but that 1/4" stuff is so damn thin that it gets damaged if you just look at it wrong.

nvrstck said:
How challenging is it taping and mudding the curved wall to ceiling joint?!:confused:

Well, tape and mud is one of the few trades I'm not doing, but the guy did a great job of it, without taking particularly long to do it. I'll post pics when I am back at my desk... Sometime!

Just hoping all is well with Jester and Red. Hope the house build is coming along OK. Been a long while since the last update.

If it was me, before I sell all the walls up, I would back everything with wood. Like towel bars, hand rails, TP roll, TV sets, big peaces of art work, anywhere I knew something was going to go.. just everything backed with wood behind the rock, so I knew I always had something to screw into, it is all scrap.

Jester, are you OK? just give us a sign it's been more than 2 months. Hopefully you didn't fall through the floor again :)

OMG... so EPIC.... maybe one day i'll be able to build a custom one off place...

-=Jason=-

Hope he comes back with some really nice finish pics of the house.

Every now and then somebody comes along to remind you how not-epic you are.

First we had the definitive Red Thread which certainly made me an envious S.O.B. and then this damn DIY house thread.

Damn You Jester..... Damn you for making me feel so ordinary! ;)

You need to be a contributor so you can enter the Boneyard.

However, the Red Thread, along with the other extraordinarily lovely wives of HBT make the fee so very painless.

:( and here I thought it was about a red ale :(

Thanks for getting back to me though, much appreciated.:)

You need to be a contributor so you can enter the Boneyard.

However, the Red Thread, along with the other extraordinarily lovely wives of HBT make the fee so very painless.

Every now and then somebody comes along to remind you how not-epic you are.

First we had the definitive Red Thread which certainly made me an envious S.O.B. and then this damn DIY house thread.

Damn You Jester..... Damn you for making me feel so ordinary! ;)

I was thinking about the scope and quality of his DIY projects, but yes, keezer, house, and Red are all very impressive, high quality items, also pleasing to the eyes.

He inspires me to do better. My next DIY might just be 3/4 assed instead of the usual 1/2.

I checked with an admin and jester checked in yesterday so at least we know he is still alive. I was kinda getting worried. now lets just wait.

Back