stc-1000 wiring experts: can you check my schematic?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanOC

Reaction score
Hello guys, first post. :ban:

I am currently building a keezer and using the inkbird (stc-1000) mounted in the collar.

After studying countless wiring diagrams I drew my own based off a couple of other schematics. My goal is to have the temp controller wired for single stage (cooling) and have an outlet mounted inside the keezer with one side wired always on and one side wired for setpoint. This way I can plug the fan in both ways and see which works best.

I am a complete newbie to wiring so before I start building this would you guys mind checking my plan?

Thank you.. This forum has been a great resource in my build so far, I appreciate all your input.

Sean

keezer wiring.jpg

Your diagram puts both "Outside" duplex outlets on the Cool relay, then on the "Inside" duplex you have one outlet on the Cool relay and one that's always powered.

If that's what you're looking to do, you're good to go.
Vaya con Dios...

Cheers!

Your diagram puts both "Outside" duplex outlets on the Cool relay, then on the "Inside" duplex you have one outlet on the Cool relay and one that's always powered.

If that's what you're looking to do, you're good to go.
Vaya con Dios...

Cheers!

Thats exactly what I am trying to accomplish, thank you!

My goal is to have the temp controller wired for single stage (cooling) and have an outlet mounted inside the keezer with one side wired always on and one side wired for setpoint. This way I can plug the fan in both ways and see which works best.

"setpoint" just means "runs with the compressor"...

Cheers!

I don't get it? What is this set point plug for?

I can plug the fan I am going to use into the set point outlet and the fan will only run when the controller runs the condensor.

Conversely I also have an outlet I can plug into that it will run continuously.

I just wired my inkbird.I "think" everytime you unplug it,or power blinks it resets to default setting,Kinda sucks that it doesn't hold settings.

I just wired my inkbird.I "think" everytime you unplug it,or power blinks it resets to default setting,Kinda sucks that it doesn't hold settings.

I can't imagine that is the case, from what I understand the inkbird (itc-1000) is exactly the same as the stc-1000 except it has a 5th menu option to toggle between C and F

Wow, really? I'm about to start a build with three of the ITC-1000s. That's frustrating to hear.

I've done some more research and everything I see shows that is NOT the case. You can uplug the unit and it retains its programmed settings.

I know I read something about it a while back,but it was a while ago,hence the I "Think".I guess it would have been better just to unplug mine and see what happens...der. Not trying to spread mis information.Of the hundreds here who use them youd think someone would chime in as if it true or not. Going to unplug mine now

Back