STC-1000 vs. Other for Keezer Temp Control?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy W

Reaction score
I've had my keezer running for about 3 years now, using an STC-1000 for temp control. For the second time in its life I've had to replace the cooling relay in the controller because it got stuck in the closed position, causing the keezer to continue to run well below its set point. Right now I have four frozen-solid kegs that I'm thawing out and wondering if others have experienced the same thing.

I've flip-flopped between having the probe submerged in liquid vs. hanging free in the air. More recently I've just had it hanging in the air, likely causing increased cycles of the relay. When I get back up and running I'll likely go back to submerging it in liquid.

For those who made their own keezers, what are you using for temp control? I'm tempted to switch to an Inkbird with wifi connectivity so I can set up an alarm or something to notify me if things go awry. You may be asking why I don't just check on the temp every time I pull a pint, but with a 4-month old at home, the pints are fewer and farther between at the moment so there are definitely times that a week goes by without a visit to the taps.

I've been using a Love TS-13010 controller on my keezer for something like 12 years now with no problems. It's the style that flush mounts into the collar of the keezer. I don't remember if the probe is submersible (I kind of doubt it). Mine just hangs in the air. I don't have any issues with short cycling, but if you're concerned about that, you can set a big differential in the parameters.

Latest posts

Back