STC-1000 problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CulturalNonsense

Reaction score
Ok,
I built a keezer controller with an STC-1000 that i purchased off this site, it was flashed for F*. I have purchased 3, 2 for ferm control and one for keezer.

After about 2 weeks of working perfectly, the keezer controller is acting weird. The cooling never shuts off, not matter what i set the temp to.

Here is my setup, and i can provide a wiring diagram, if needed, but it DID work correctly for 2 weeks, so I am confident in the wiring.

power > stc-1000 > outlet [modified to run cooling cycle on one, and constant power on bottom] > keezer fan(constant) + keezer power(cooling cycle).

I also have a LED inline with the cooling cycle. It was there during testing, and i left it so i could see when the keezer was actually cooling. (Its the one on the far right in the pic).

I have changed the temp settings, and the lights on the left (heating/cooling) work as they should. However, it doesn't change the power. As a test, I unhooked the constant power supply to the outlet, so only one should get power, and it should only receive power when the cooling cycle is engaged. As you can guess, the power is constant. The LED is also always on now, regardless of the temp/setting.

Did my stc-1000 die? is there any way to correct this? I know they are cheap, and i can get another one, but I would rather get this working if i can :)

20150409_123118.jpg

If it worked before then your wiring is correct. And there is a reason these things are cheap. Check your connections. If a stray strand of copper is creating a short you will get all sorts of problems. Like I said though, there is a reason these things are cheap.

Back