Non-Homebrewing Keezer Owner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noahbanks

Reaction score
Hello!

Back in February of 2021, my wife and I bought a used keezer we found on Craigslist. It worked great, and I got to know it a bit. We exclusively used it for carbonated water and for extra fridge space.

About a year later, soon after the birth of our son, I accidentally pulled the wires out of the back of the STC-1000 that was keeping it running. With the new baby, I did not have the time or energy to fix the problem, so it sat in our garage for about a year. Just a few weeks ago, my wife and I decided that it was time to get that "so-carbonated-it-hurts" water flowing again.

I am not very handy, and I don't feel that comfortable working with electricity, so I asked a handyman to come over and help us get it fixed. $300 later, and we discover the temperature probe is broken and the freezer how has a refrigerant leak. We decided to take the lid off this freezer and transplant it onto a new one. Of course, this is now a great time to make some upgrades and replacements too. It's in this context that I find myself -- the owner of a water-only (so far) keezer -- looking for lots of information and help.

Thanks for this great resource! Looking forward to chatting with you all soon.

Back