South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 3!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are any of you guys with the newly formed "no name" brew club that just had their first meeting at Iron Hill in Maple Shade recently?

Yes, there's about 15 of us. We've had 3 meetings so far. First Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm @ Iron Hill in the back dining room.

Cheers,
Glenn

DScheutz, that willl be fine.

Jeff, My money is in the mail. You should have it tomorrow.

Glenn, how's that working for you guys? Does your club have Homebrew Day plans? We are inviting anyone that would like to come down this way to join us at the Whitman Square Mens Club. We'll be there around 6 a.m. until about 6 or 7 p.m.. If anyone would like to come brew with us or just stop by for a beer or 10, you are more than welcome to come. I'll post directions when we get closer to may 1st. We would love to make this a 2 club effort though. If you guyscome down, I think we will break through with the most beer brewed that day. Our club is normally second place in the country, behind a brewery that brews for their club members. Let's get something together. Maybe I'll try to get up there for your next meeting. Is it on the 2nd?

Payment received from Sethga, skiwithg, dshuetz, ty5592

I need to know who B. Cooper and Bar Gear are.

I'll update the status for you guys after work today.

Glenn, how's that working for you guys? Does your club have Homebrew Day plans? We are inviting anyone that would like to come down this way to join us at the Whitman Square Mens Club. We'll be there around 6 a.m. until about 6 or 7 p.m.. If anyone would like to come brew with us or just stop by for a beer or 10, you are more than welcome to come. I'll post directions when we get closer to may 1st. We would love to make this a 2 club effort though. If you guyscome down, I think we will break through with the most beer brewed that day. Our club is normally second place in the country, behind a brewery that brews for their club members. Let's get something together. Maybe I'll try to get up there for your next meeting. Is it on the 2nd?

We're getting off of the ground. We have mostly experienced homebrewers with a few guys that are just getting started. It looks like we will be have a group brew on homebrew day - still working out the details. I will pass on your gracious invitation. We meet on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm at Iron Hill in Maple Shade. So the next meeting is on 4/6.

REgards,
Glenn

Updated the payments... sorry about the delay! We might want to start thinking about a scale for the splits. I don't mind mine being eyed out but since rtt121 wasn't in on this GB, the "Scale Master" will be missed.

I can bring one. It's a good scale and reads down to the 16th of a lb or maybe it's a 32nd. I think it's an old produce scale. Any way the most grain you can weigh on it is 5 lbs at a time. I've tested it against store bought weights and it's always been accurate to within a few grams. I do not use it to weigh ounces. so for small hops splits I'd use something else. 1/2 pound splits should be fine. Let me know if you want me to bring it.

Dave

I also have a scale weighs up to 50 lb by tenths. I can power it up by the cig lighter in the van. I can bring it if needed.

Hey it just occurred to me that yall might be tryin to have a pick up next weekend which is Easter weekend. I'm supposed to be out of town. If this is the case can I make arrangements with someone? If it's virtually any other time It really doesn't matter to me.

Dave

hey i am out on this one but let me know if you guys dont come up with a scale option. defenestrate lives close, i dont mind lending it out for the night.

hey i am out on this one but let me know if you guys dont come up with a scale option. defenestrate lives close, i dont mind lending it out for the night.

this is true. what kind of a scale did you use? i have a digital scale that reads up to 11 lbs that i can bring but if you have a more accurate one i'll do whatever the group

on a side note bud the ginger ale is coming along wonderful and the blonde hybrid is going way too fast so i will be needing to grab that honey sometime soon. maybe we can swap some of the crystal i'm getting when i grab the honey if you want any of it?

this is true. what kind of a scale did you use? i have a digital scale that reads up to 11 lbs that i can bring but if you have a more accurate one i'll do whatever the group

on a side note bud the ginger ale is coming along wonderful and the blonde hybrid is going way too fast so i will be needing to grab that honey sometime soon. maybe we can swap some of the crystal i'm getting when i grab the honey if you want any of it?

Sounds good.. lookin forward to trying a bottle. my scale is a fish scale so it worked well with the buckets we used. up to 50 lbs

Looking good! Everyone has paid and collecting from gasman tomorrow! 2 checks arrived today so they'll go in the bank tomorrow and everything should be cleared in a few days.

Dscheutz, it'll probably be during the week after easter. I think they've been on monday nights, so this may be on monday as well.

It's looking like Monday the 5th/Tuesday the 6th for delivery. I'm going to call in the order Monday and try to get it shipped by Friday at the latest so it will be there by Monday the 5th. It all depends on if they have any shipping delays. I think the 6th would be the latest.
Do those days work for everyone?

Monday/Tuesday night is no good for me :( Shift just rotated and I work 4p-2a now.

If anyone can return the favor and pick up my stuff?? I'll have to drop you off buckets ahead of time. And if you don't mind collecting the $$ for anyone getting rice hulls off of me.... let me know. I can pick up any day from 9am-2pm from you, or any time at all thursday, friday, saturday.

Those days work for me

Monday/Tuesday night is no good for me :( Shift just rotated and I work 4p-2a now.

If anyone can return the favor and pick up my stuff?? I'll have to drop you off buckets ahead of time. And if you don't mind collecting the $$ for anyone getting rice hulls off of me.... let me know. I can pick up any day from 9am-2pm from you, or any time at all thursday, friday, saturday.

I can pick up & hold & parcel out rice hulls to those interested.

Cheers,
Glenn

The pick up will be in the New England Motor Freight compound
1618 Union Ave
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

I just did a map quest search of the 1618 Union Ave as above and came up with this...

New England Motor Freight - 66.34 miles away

1-71 North Ave E, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 US
Website (908) 965-0100 more info »

Just want to be sure I'm driving an hour in the right direction;)

I just did a map quest search of the 1618 Union Ave as above and came up with this...

New England Motor Freight - 66.34 miles away

1-71 North Ave E, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 US
Website (908) 965-0100 more info »

Just want to be sure I'm driving an hour in the right direction;)

Now that I'm looking at the MAP pennsauken is not near the place I found in Elizabeth NJ. Can someone please clarify?

Look at TERMINAL LISTING. (Copy and paste)
Its listed as Philadelphia but, its in NJ
http://nemfweb.nemf.com/webapps.nsf/terminal+listing?OpenAgent

Here is the listing,
http://nemfweb.nemf.com/webapps.nsf/Terminal+Detail?openform&Terminal=PHILADELPHIA&Termone=PHILADELPHIA&Termfiv=PHILADELPHIA&Manager=JOHN^HIGGINS&Phone=(856)^486-0011&Fax=(856)^486-4562&Addrone=1618^UNION^AVENUE&Addrtwo=&City=PENNSAUKEN&State=NJ&Zip=08110-2458&Hours=24^HOURS&Doors=88&RegionM=Steve^McEvoy^/^Metro&Eod

I think I can cover you Tom. Just show up on the delivery date and I'll take care of you. Any chance of making a trade for some grapes? I'm a grape farmer from Western NY, south of buffalo and have been looking for some local grapes to make some wine with. I'll give grain now for grapes in september or we can work something out.

Back