South Jersey/Philly Group Buy Round 39!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im stuck at work, sick as a dog, but im gonna try to make it down there without dying.

Im stacked up in people I can hold for at this point. Im about 15 bags over the "my newly pregnant wife is going to kill me" limit. Haha

If anyone can't make it today, please make arrangements with another brewer or give Brett a call. He can't store everyone's grain in his shop and the outside storage is not an option with the coming rain.

The grain is there now.

$20 for 32oz, $10 for the little guys. That's $5 and $3 off.

In case anyone missed it, the grain is there. Now go grab your grain and beat the rain. Cheers!

Thanks Brett and thanks Jeff! Awesome and easy pickup. Missed the fun parking lot with car headlights a bit, but Brett's store is awesome. Parking in the back for grain pickup.

Got my grain. Thanks Jeff and Brett. A bit of a schlep for me on a work day. Wonder if we could try and do these on a Friday or Saturday in the future?

oh boy... no way i can get there tonight.
I have 2 bags and live just west of philly. Is there anyone my way who can grab a couple bags for me?
nevermind... I'm making a run for it

OK there are still ten people that need to pick up their grain totaling 35 sacks. The grain has been in for over a day, please come pick it up.

Just wanted to thank Jeff and Brett again for all the effort that went into this grain buy. Much appreciated.

It's been quite a while since I took part in a group buy but as soon as you have another one lined up, I need at least 6 sacks of pale ale. :mug:

Looks like I just missed one, but I'm looking for a few bags of 2-row. Do we know when the next buy near Philadelphia will be?

Sorry it's bit a bit quiet here lately. I'lk talk to brett and see what we can work out. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

Hello,

I've been group buying with the crew out of DC - but that source appears to have dried up. I'd like to get in on your next group buy please! Thanks!
Greg

thirding the request for a new buy. I'm getting back into it after only having the time for extract batches last year and need to refill the coffers

If you've been waiting for a new group buy to spring up, check out Philly Homebrew Outlet. They're doing one now, orders have to be in this Friday with expected delivery Jan 22. Prices are a few dollars a bag more than they were for this buy, but still cheaper than the LHBS or online with shipping. http://phillyhomebrew.com/?p=338

BYOB in Westmont, NJ (who runs the South Jersey Group buys now) sells base malt for $1/lb. Which is the same or cheaper than what's listed above. Just getting that out there so people know.

You guys should really read through the posts. The group buys as they were are over. No more deep discounts. Thank whoever complained to the wholesaler. Brett from Brew Your Own Bottle is running group buys now and then with decent pricing. Still not as low as before, but hey, the guy has a business to run, family to feed, etc. He isn't currently running a buy because he just had shoulder surgery and can't lift all those sacks. BUT.... he does sell grain at crazy low prices. $1/lb of base malt and I BELIEVE specialty malts are $2/lb. You can't get those kinds of prices anywhere if purchasing by the pound.

Well guess what.... Another group buy it starting by the end of next week!

Sorry i've been away and it's been a bit hectic here. Getting things ready for the new baby and a big push at work have kept me back a bit.

I talked to Brett today, who is recovering from a shoulder thingy, and we are ready to get it rolling again! I have to reactivate my HBT premium account to unlock some PM space so sit tight.... the grain shall be flowing soon!!!!!

I'll post more details in a few days and if you need to contact me while my Inbox is full, most of you should still have my number/email.

Wishing Brett the best in his recovery!
Thanks to Jeff as well! Perhaps the best group buy administrator on the board here...makes many other group buys look like a nightmare....lol.
Thanks in advance!

I know we're a few days away from this starting, but is there a pricing guide we can take a look at?

I know we're a few days away from this starting, but is there a pricing guide we can take a look at?

The first post in this thread will give you typical pricing for the last GB. I would figure $0.90 to $1.00 / lb by the time you add shipping and grease for the administrator. Whatever the pricing this buy, I bet it will be cheaper than any other source available locally...your at the right place for the best price, ...cheers!

edit...sorry didn't realize you were a repeat GB participant...cheers!

Yeah, I've been through a few of these... but not since the good old days of .50 - .70/lb. I feel like an old man reminiscing about my youth, but in this case the good old days were only a year ago :( . Oh well.

I figured that would be the pricing and thought about getting back in, but with Brett @ BYOB sells base malts at $1/lb, I don't see the benefit in buying in bulk anymore.

Wow.... Remember those days off 45 cent per pound 2row?

I'm just waiting on the final price sheet from BYOB.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Home Brew mobile app

Back