South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 3!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to! I only wanted a third and another guy wanted a third, so there's a third up for grabs. About 18 pounds. It'll be about $10 or $11 for it I think. Are you going to come to the pick up on monday?

twoodward15.....if i can buy 4 lbs of vienna from you on the monday, i would,just let me know how much for it.......luke

is there a new thread group buy round 4 or even interest in one? I missed out on the first 3 lol...

I will start another GB when this one is completed (picked up) but I don't know how fast it will fill up. Just keep an eye out over the next few days.

See you all tomorrow!

Soonami, if you need grain, I have an extra half sack of pilsner and an extra sack of CMC 2 row. Let me know if you want it and come to the pick up tonight for it. $28 for the 2 row and $15 for the pils.

Thanks to everyone who made it out tonight!

Only problem we had is, once all but 2 others left, a bag of CM-2Row was missing from my pile. I'm sure it was just a mistake. If everyone could please double check their bags and make sure you don't have this extra bag. These bags were supposed to go to another brewer and has been paid for by another brewer. I hope we can find this bag or else it'll have to come out of my pocket.

Thanks again to everyone who made it tonight and next time, brew swap!

well i don't have any 2row, but i for one really appriciate you organizing all this, so if no one winds up with the bag, ill put some money toward it as well, don't want the burden to fall on you

well i don't have any 2row, but i for one really appriciate you organizing all this, so if no one winds up with the bag, ill put some money toward it as well, don't want the burden to fall on you

+1

Jeff: Early in the night I picked up a sack of 2-Row from the big stack for Ferman (Evan). He contacted you outside of the thread and arranged to buy a bag from your order. I gave you $28 on his behalf. Could that be the discrepancy?

Cheers,
Glenn

Skiwithg, i remember you grabbing ferman's bag. I was double checking all night and I think it might be just an error on my part. Oh well!

Thanks again for coming out guys!

Who has the original bag from the Simcoe? What's the AA% listed on the bag. I forgot to write it down last night.

Jeff,
Thanks again for scooping the order up for me. Those Simcoe sure smelled great in that bag! I was surprised that they were not in pound vacuum packs

When we open those Citra hops I'll send some over for you to try!

Hope the sack count worked out if not I'll contribute for the loss

yeah, let me know the outcome of that. I left 2 sacks for tepe to get from you, and I think one of my other sacks went to dscheutz or someone else. I have the right amount of grain here for all of our members. I'll kick in to the fund too.........unless it'smy grain that's gone! lol. jeff, I didn't forget about you and kegging stuff. I was too busy before the meeting to get everything together, but I have 2 kegs (old racetrack style but they hold pressure), a regulator, and some qd's for you. I'm leaving saturday for a week, but when I get back i will pm you and we can meet up so I can drop this stuff off to you.

yeah, let me know the outcome of that. I left 2 sacks for tepe to get from you, and I think one of my other sacks went to dscheutz or someone else. I have the right amount of grain here for all of our members. I'll kick in to the fund too.........unless it'smy grain that's gone! lol. jeff, I didn't forget about you and kegging stuff. I was too busy before the meeting to get everything together, but I have 2 kegs (old racetrack style but they hold pressure), a regulator, and some qd's for you. I'm leaving saturday for a week, but when I get back i will pm you and we can meet up so I can drop this stuff off to you.

Everything is fine I got mixed up with all the hand offs.
Tepe picked up last night. I owe you money for that. You want it paypal or cash?

Thanks for the hook up!

MonApr05211652EDT2010.jpg

thanks a lot guys, it has officially gotten out of control. :mug:

Hey, just wanted to add something to this post about splitting sacks. I'll start by saying that I'm in no way angry or affected by this either, as the grain splits I got were for sale to our club members and would be marked up a bit to put money back into our account, so we won't lose any money. Ok, that being said, if you are going to split grain, take note of the weights on the sacks and try to even it out with the rest of the buyers. I got 6 splits and got shorted by at least 2 pounds on each, one of them I got shorted about 4 pounds. Not a big deal at all with these prices. One member mentioned it to me and I said I wasn't concerned over the loss as I knew what my final plan was, but if someone paid for and needed a half sack but got a few pounds less, they'd have to adjust their recipe or buy more grain. I'm 100 percent sure nobody meant to take more than their share, but everybody should get the same from the sack.

I was also very happy with my splits and the whole group buy process however I also agree with twoodward that even splits should be even and weights should be made to the nearest accuracy as possible. It's just a good practice. I know that when I was getting a split and I saw my weight was over a little I tried to toss a hand full back into the sack and evryone was like "don't worry about it" and such. Very nice of you all! but if you are splitting a sack 5 or 6 ways or more and make that mistake each time then the last guy is going to come out short a pound or two. And while the money may not be a big deal it's going to be a real pain in the arse when you realize you're a pound short on brew day. :)

I think the fish scales are hard to get even splits with. That scale BigBear had seems like a better way to go so no one will get the shorted.

Thanks for all the "Thank You"s... just let me know when you guys are ready for another round! Either way, I'm sure I'll see most of you on homebrew day!

Can you tell me where and when this will be? I have been to the one the "store" had in the past for many years. Can you give any additional info..

Twoodward is running it I believe. He might be away right now but I'm sure he'll see this and post some details for us. I still need the location info myself.

If someone could PM or email me when the next grain buy is set-up I'd really appreciate it. I recently started brewing all-grain and it would be really nice to save on some grain because homebrewing on a grad student salary, I need to be as frugal as I can.

Thanks.

What are yall talkin about?

I want to know if there are any more bulk buys to participate in. I may, or may not be not be ready to participate but I want to be in the loop just in case.

Thx

Can you tell me where and when this will be? I have been to the one the "store" had in the past for many years. Can you give any additional info..

I believe that this is what you are interested in.

Homebrew Day will be at the Whitman Square Mens Club on Whitman Drive in Turnersville. To my understanding it will be on May 1st.
:mug:

Just wanted to say thanks for Lordura for organizing all of this. It's no small task as we all can see.

Let's get started on Round #4 fellas!!

Can you tell me where it is? What time. Is there water.etc.. I would love to be there. Will you be getting fresh yeast like in past HB days?

Latest posts

Back