South Jersey/Philly Group Buy Round 39!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Brett and Jeff,

Paid w/ due consideration to Jeff, not that it is my place, but I would like to encourage all to kick in a few bucks for Jeff's grain. Please don't forget to put a little grease on the wheels that keep these group buys rolling.

Ok I'm off the stump.
wilser

I've been meaning to get in on this buy and see it is closed now. If anyone drops out or doesn't pay I am interested in a sack of 2-row. Otherwise I will make sure to get in on the next one.

I'm going to update the list tomorrow after I hear back from brett about who's payments have cleared.

Silly question, but when paying with paypal, do I select paying for goods and services? Then add the fees like this - if my bill is $100, then send $103.00 Or do I select sending money to friend and simply include the 100 plus 3%? Also, I'm hooked up to my bank account so there's no fee for me using a credit card. I've only paid individuals via paypal. thanks

Silly question, but when paying with paypal, do I select paying for goods and services? Then add the fees like this - if my bill is $100, then send $103.00 Or do I select sending money to friend and simply include the 100 plus 3%? Also, I'm hooked up to my bank account so there's no fee for me using a credit card. I've only paid individuals via paypal. thanks

When ever you purchase merchandise through paypal you want to do it as goods and services. That way its easier to file a claim if something goes wrong. I am pretty sure if you do the friends and family thing you will not have any recourse if something goes wrong.

Any updates?

I just sent PMs to the following people to confirm/remind them for payments.

Soonami, mazey, brian2can, tepe, scatterbrain

All else is good. Once the final payments are in, the grain gets ordered.

Just so everyone knows, Brett is very happy to be able to take care of all your sacks. He enjoys lifting them and moving them around. He is indeed a TRUE sack handler.

Today is the last day for payment correct? If it is will the grains get ordered tomorrow either way? Whats the chances of getting the grains by this weekend? I am realy itching to brew this weekend but I am out of base grains.

Chrisl77 said:
Whats the chances of getting the grains by this weekend? I

In my experience with group buys...little to none. These things take time! Likely about a week from when the order is finalized and the order placed.

FWIW, this is by far one of the most efficient and well run bulk buys! Some groups take half a lifetime!

Today is the last day for payment correct? If it is will the grains get ordered tomorrow either way? Whats the chances of getting the grains by this weekend? I am realy itching to brew this weekend but I am out of base grains.

If you want I can spot you the grain until it comes in. You can just split the bag when you come to pick up. Let me know.

I just sent PMs to the following people to confirm/remind them for payments.

Soonami, mazey, brian2can, tepe, scatterbrain

All else is good. Once the final payments are in, the grain gets ordered.

Just so everyone knows, Brett is very happy to be able to take care of all your sacks. He enjoys lifting them and moving them around. He is indeed a TRUE sack handler.

Agreed, I definitely think I have the most experience with sacks here.

FWIW, this is by far one of the most efficient and well run bulk buys! Some groups take half a lifetime!
I've seen some take 6 months. How ridiculous is that?

Once everyone has paid, the grain should be in fairly quickly.

Agreed, I definitely think I have the most experience with sacks here.
This could get vulgar pretty quickly. haha

Possibly by the end of the week. I'm waiting to hear back from Brett about delivery. I'll PM everyone tonight or tomorrow night depending on when I hear back from him.

Looks like this Wednesday, possibly Thursday, is going to be the day the grain comes in. I'm going to send everyone a PM tomorrow night with more details. Cheers!

As luck would have it, I am traveling for work until Saturday. I land in Philly at 7:30 that night. I live out towards Horsham/doylestown PA.
Could anyone pickup and hold my grain for Sat night pickup? Hopefully someone in a convenient location (not to be picky :)). I have 4 sacks

anyone in DE making a pick up that could possibly help me out would be greatly appreciated. I'm only off sun, and work all evenings the rest of the week. I would gladly trade some beer for assistance, :) if so please pm me. Thanks!

As luck would have it, I am traveling for work until Saturday. I land in Philly at 7:30 that night. I live out towards Horsham/doylestown PA.
Could anyone pickup and hold my grain for Sat night pickup? Hopefully someone in a convenient location (not to be picky :)). I have 4 sacks
Coohang, I live right around the corner from Brett's shop. I can grab it for you.

As soon as the grain arrives, I will post here. Everyone needs to try to get there tonight so brett doesn't have to try to figure out where to put any left over bags. Is going to rain late tonight and into tomorrow so leaving out is not an option.

Just got word the grain should be there by 2ish. I will still post as soon as I hear back

lordura said:
Just got word the grain should be there by 2ish. I will still post as soon as I hear back

Ill be coming tomorrow to pickup around noon (thought we had that option) as I can't make today. Is that something I need to confirm with Brett?

If not I'm in Chestnut Hill if anyone can bring up this way, or I can drive to anyone willing to grab my 5 sacks.

If need be, I can grab it for you. Its going to rain all day tomorrow so the grain cant be left out.

Let me know if you can't get anyone to pick up for you. Give brett a call also to see if he can hold it as a last resort. Space is VERY limited

What are the chances the geain will be ready by 2 pm? I need to pick up the kids in Pitman by 3 so I can't hang around there. Normally I'd be able to just leave work and pick it up but I'm furloghed.

The grain is in!!!
The grain is in!!!
The grain is in!!!
The grain is in!!!
The grain is in!!!
The grain is in!!!

Head on over and start grabbing your sacks!

Latest posts

Back