Somebody point me the way Please!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyoast

Reaction score
HELP>>> I'm from Texas and am in Los Angeles on vacation with the family and am trying to track down some PTE in bottles while I'm here but am having a hard time.. Any Southern California folks out there that can help a fella out??:mug:

Go on Russian rivers website. They have a list of vendors that carry RR products. But keep in mind that doesn't mean they have pliny and even if they did it doesn't hang around for very long

Yea I've been on the website and checked a couple places already online...no dice so far, I was hoping somebody with some local knowledge would chime in with a tip.

Thanks

Thought I might have lucked out at the whole foods in Venice, they were expecting a shipment but it hadn't arrived yet.... so close..so close.

The hunt continues.

If nothing else, I'll find it on tap and at least get to try it before I leave.:tank:

I've heard it's better on tap. Couldn't you have waited till the shipment gets there? Or at least go back when it does?

Well we were in Venice for the day just screwing around yesterday before we could get checked into our room here in Anaheim at Disneyland... Now that's where were at.

Well we were in Venice for the day just screwing around yesterday before we could get checked into our room here in Anaheim at Disneyland... Now that's where were at.

The Wine House in West LA gets their Russian River shipments every Tuesday, but the PTE orders are almost always snapped up before they arrive. A buddy of mine gets his from his local Whole Foods, but the beer manager always keeps a bottle aside for him when it comes in.

Instead, since you're halfway there, go to San Diego and visit Ballast Point.

(Lives in Buffalo now! but spent the last 6 years in LA, walking distance from aforementioned Wine House)

Just an update to wrap this thread up if anybody is still checking in... We ended our vacation up in Apple Valley at my sisters house, I was telling my brother in law about my hunt and he made a couple of phone calls and low and behold.....FOUND IT!! in apple valley at a hole in the wall gas station/craft beer store. I paid a small fortune for 1 bottle but I can now scratch that one off the beer bucket list anyways.. I really liked it and would def like to have it on tap. I was also able to check out some of the other west coast stuff that we don't really get around here like arrogant bastard (good stuff)... dfh 90 min (good stuff)., dfh midas touch (not a fan) and we checked out a 6'er of lobotomy bock..(pretty good)...

All in all....killer vacation! my 3 year old had a BLAST at Disneyland and all the grownups had a kickass bonfire party at my sisters in the desert. Being from Texas, the left coast lifestyle never ceases to amaze me (the culture change) but I always have a good time!!:rockin:

Back