Planning my setup...thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
........Need the hoses for kegs setup. Also more fridge space or a kegerator. Small things here and there!

EVA Barrier for the hoses and either Duotight or John Guest (both push to connect style) for the fittings. One of the best upgrades I made for my kegerator. William's Brewing, More Beer, and Brew Hardware (Bobby M) are your best sources for those.

Damn, that looked like a lot of fun opening! I see you're storing grain in your fridge? You definitely do not need to, and you could use that fridge space for something else. Grab a couple of Vittle Vaults or even some screw on lids for 5gal buckets.

You're gonna have so much fun using all that stuff. And yeah, you bought enough yeast to last 5 homebrew lifetimes lol.

Damn, that looked like a lot of fun opening! I see you're storing grain in your fridge? You definitely do not need to, and you could use that fridge space for something else. Grab a couple of Vittle Vaults or even some screw on lids for 5gal buckets.

You're gonna have so much fun using all that stuff. And yeah, you bought enough yeast to last 5 homebrew lifetimes lol.
Only doing this until storage containers arrive and I can get the area setup. Also to keep bugs out. Still cold but never know.

Only doing this until storage containers arrive and I can get the area setup. Also to keep bugs out. Still cold but never know.

Just a FYI, but since your grain is going to be colder than room temp, your strike water may need to be higher to keep your mash temps on target.

So I have learned a lot from the members here and wanted to say thanks for all the knowledge shared.

I have finally made it back to US! And I had my own little Christmas opening up all the boxes I have ordered over the past few months.

Let see what we have!

GF G40
View attachment 838421

TWO @SpikeBrewing Flex+ with all the trimmings. PRVs in second pic. The blue cooler is 2 gal for test batches!
View attachment 838422
View attachment 838423

4 Kegs, along with regulator and 4 connect secondary. Two Inkbirds. I only ordered one but whos complaining!
View attachment 838424

About 5 all grain kits. And 3 10lb bags for testing.

View attachment 838425

Enough yeast to save the world. Good exp dates on these! ('25 & '26). Plus 7lbs of more grain to test.

View attachment 838426

What looks like a random pic is my 3x 55lb sacks I ordered while a bit tipsy (Fun thread on that here!)

View attachment 838427

Still awaiting the @SpikeBrewing mill and glycol. Need the hoses for kegs setup. Also more fridge space or a kegerator. Small things here and there!
Looks like Santa never made it anyone else's home in your neighborhood!

Just a FYI, but since your grain is going to be colder than room temp, your strike water may need to be higher to keep your mash temps on target.
I'll have it out well before brewing. Once I get my containers this won't be an issue. I didn't mention before, but another reason the grains are in the fridge is I just simply ran out of space to put anything else.

Next step is to being planning layout and setup.

Latest posts

Back