Some psycho chick hit my car and ran. I need dash cam advice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silentdrinker

Reaction score
**<EDIT>**

I did a real quick job editing the video. I tried to delete what wasn't important as well as some personal info being discussed.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqtEGQRF-no[/ame]

**</EDIT>**

This story is legitimately crazy.

I was taking my son to a park April 12. We couldn't have been more
than 2 blocks away when I approached a lady walking a dog on the street. She was up against the curb to my left. To my right was a row of parked cars. I had the right of way, and proceeded with caution past the pedestrian.

As I was about to pass, this Honda comes from the other direction. I fully expected them to stop since there wasn't enough room to safely pass. She was going a bit too fast for a residential road--also considering the situation with a pedestrian in the street.

Instead of stopping, she swerves right into my lane head on with me. I was taken aback and slammed my breaks. I thought she was going to smash right into me, but she manages to swerve back inches from hitting me. I thought she was about to hit the pedestrian, but she manages to smash her mirror right into mine.... She was SO CLOSE our cars had maybe 5" between the. She then takes off with out skipping a beat.

I was dumbfounded over the entire thing, so I sat there looking in my rear view mirror as she heads down the road. I'm trying to process what to do, so I make a u-turn and head right for her.

I catch her down the road about a mile or two. I get next to her (she's at a stop light to go straight. I get next to her in the turn lane. We both had red lights) her window was down, so I say, "You hit my car, and you just took off." She ignored me. "HELLO! You HIT my car back there!" She turns her head looking at me as if she was annoyed as hell and says, "I don't like your tone" with an ever so smug attitude.

"YOU HIT MY CAR!" I said, and then she says, "so what, what do you want me to do about it?" We exchanged more words and finally I threaten her with the police. I told her I had her license and would call it in as a hit and run. She finally decides she will comply and pull over. Her light (to go straight) turns green. My light (to turn left) is still red. She makes a hard left turn right in front of everyone...

I finally meet up with her in a parking lot where she is acting insane. She's saying crazy stuff. She tells me there was no damage and no reason to stop. I got so fed up, I told her to give me her insurance. She said, "NO."

I had to call the police. We waited an hour. During this time, she is being a nut job. She actually tried to open my car door 3 times while I was on the phone with dispatch. Finally the cop shows. The first words out of this psycho's mouth was, "HE HIT MY CAR! He then told me there was no damages and said he wouldn't press charges." She kept saying "press charges," but she meant file a claim.

So the cop makes her give me the info. When the cop leaves to verify our info, the lady starts to threaten me with her Satanic cult friends who will "bite me", her CIA fiancé, her "big lawyer friend," and how she will do everything possible to get even with me if I file a claim.

I got all this on video...

So the cop shows back up. The lady denies any threats. She then threatens me in front of the cop, but the cop lets it slide. Finally the cop tells us we can go. The lady takes off, I stay behind and had a word with the cop. The cop says she definitely has mental issues and warns me to be careful since her fiancé is CIA.

So I finally leave. I turn back into the neighborhood to head to the park. This psycho chick turned back and started to FOLLOW ME! I am driving all over the neighborhood while I call the cops back. We drive to a 7-11. She sits there staring at me in the car. I back out circle the lot; she follows. I turn right back to my original spot; she does the same. Finally the cop shows, blocks her in, and tells me to leave.

The lady gets out of the car telling the cop I threatened her. The cop is flipping out on the chick... I tell her I want to press charges, but she [cop] tells me to just go. So I leave .... Again, I have this entire thing on video too.

So I head North and park a couple blocks away, so I could see her leave. She was heading South when I ran after her initially. After she left the 7-11 she freaking came after me again. She turned North at a high rate of speed. But she didn't see me on the small side road where the main road veers off.

So I make the insurance claim. She lied to them as well. They told me it was a 50/50 accident with no witnesses. I even sent them the insane video, but they still ruled this way. I wouldn't accept that, so I got a hold of a manager. The adjuster, her supervisor and her supervisor's manager all looked at the videos again. They discussed it and finally agreed to take 100% responsibility. Thank god! I actually had the cop willing to talk to the insurance company on my behalf, but they decided before that was needed.

$672 to repair the scratched mirror. It's literally a scratch. All this for such minimal damage.

Anyway, I'm getting a dash camera for both our cars now. I'm even getting a security camera system because she probably got my address off my insurance card. She made it very clear she will "get even" if I file a claim. And she made it very clear she is a mental case, so I believe she would. I did an Internet search on her to see if I see anything to be worried about. I didn't, but I found out her parents are multi millionaires. Her dad is chief radiologist at kaiser in San Diego. Her mom a 5 star real estate agent. The psycho was driving daddy's car on daddy's insurance. She is 30!

Intitled psycho BEYOTCH!

So... My question is, who has a dash cam. What model. Do you like it or should I get a different one? I've been doing some research and have a few in mind. I'd like good quality 1080 and good night vision.

I have a G1W. It's considered to be one of the best around for a very reasonable price. https://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/

Yes, this is the one I have at the top of my list. I wasn't sure if maybe price was the major factor on this being so popular. Do you have any complaints at all? Would you "change" anything about it if you could? I hear night vision is so-so.

I think I'm going to get 4. One for the front and rear of both our cars, so the price is excellent.

It's a great dashcam, the night recording is better than it looks on the built-in screen. The only problem is lousy documentation, but there are a couple online guides by people who have explored all of the menus.

Plus, I don't know what kind of car you were driving, but $672 to repair a side mirror is really high. I think that sounds high to simply REPLACE the mirror.

Plus, I don't know what kind of car you were driving, but $672 to repair a side mirror is really high. I think that sounds high to simply REPLACE the mirror.

That's what I thought too. I had a mirror replaced that had a motor in it and defrost, and it was $375.

Also, I'm really sorry your son had to witness all this.

So, I see you met my fiancé. Don't worry, I'm not CIA. :D

You have no idea what a relief that is to know. What a load off my mind!

I might post it on YouTube once I edit it.

Was she hot?

Oh ya... She had that cute psychotic look to her. You know the smirky smile and crazy eyes... No she looked like a dirty hippy.

That's what I thought too. I had a mirror replaced that had a motor in it and defrost, and it was $375.

It's a Volvo. I called the Volvo dealer for a quote. :mug:

Also, I'm really sorry your son had to witness all this.

Tell me about it. He still talks about it, "daddy remember that lady you chased..."

Sounds like you need more than just a cam that takes shots.

I'm not a gun person, but I have toyed with the idea of getting a concealed license. This only solidifies the urge. Not to brandish it to every psycho I meet, but you never know...

I'm not a gun person, but I have toyed with the idea of getting a concealed license. This only solidifies the urge. Not to brandish it to every psycho I meet, but you never know...

I have my CCW and my Enhanced Carry. I keep a loaded 9mm(w/ 16 round clip) in my truck at all times and carry a Springfield XDS .45 on my person, when not at work. I've never had to pull either of them and pray everyday that I don't have too. First rule of carrying a gun, never pull it out if you don't intend to pull the trigger. The worst thing you could ever do is pull that gun and have someone take it away from you.

All that said, having your CCW is great, as it allows all of us to exercise our Second Amendment, but it's not going to stop you from having contact with crazies like this. On the other hand, had she pulled a gun on you and you had been carrying as well, I'm afraid your son would have been more traumatized by watching you shoot this lady than he was by the events that transpired.

I have a G1W. It's considered to be one of the best around for a very reasonable price. https://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/

That's the one I have, and it works great. Except I live in Canada and for 4 months of the year, we experience the dreaded "Cold Weather Welcome Screen" issue, where it gets stuck on the welcome screen and won't start recording until the car warms up. Makes it relatively useless for us during those cold months, but I haven't found an alternative worth risking another $100 on.

I have my CCW and my Enhanced Carry.

I agree... I looked into our state laws and did some other research. I think I'm going to sign up for a safety class. Then I'll be able to submit for one.

That's the one I have, and it works great. Except I live in Canada and for 4 months of the year, we experience the dreaded "Cold Weather Welcome Screen" issue, where it gets stuck on the welcome screen and won't start recording until the car warms up. Makes it relatively useless for us during those cold months, but I haven't found an alternative worth risking another $100 on.

Thanks. That's good to know. I was doing more research on it, thank god I did. Apparently there are fake ones that I most likely would've bought.

Oh, you had me for a second! LOL!

:cross: sorry to ruin your fantasy there. Even if she was hot, and I most definitely did not think so, the crazy is too much for me. My buddy thought she was cute, but we disagree on a lot of things.

DAMN! What a story! I am dying to see the video! Keep us posted when its up....

Cheers
Jay

Ya, I'll edit all the good stuff together and combine the two videos. One video is like 10-15 minutes long, but only a few minutes is worth watching. I can probably condense it down to under 5min total.

I think I found her:

lindsey.jpg

amanda.jpg

Subscribed. Wow, love the "my Satanic friends" threat. I think I'm gonna use that one at work tomorrow.

Her exact words was, "I am friends with friends of Satan." I was like, "What does that even mean?" She said, "They bite." Or something like that -- it's in the video.

I had NO idea what she was talking about. I thought she meant she was friends with Satan and he will bite me. Then my friend looked it up after seeing the videos and told me it was a satanic cult. I looked it up. He was right... Friends of Satan is the cult name, and she is Friends with those people. And apparently those people bite.

Ya...

And you're calling her a psycho?

Ya, so I honestly thought getting $200 was going to be impossible. But I got the quote from the Volvo dealership in the area. I relayed this to the insurance lady, and she said it was a reasonable quote. Good! She deserves to have her entire deductible utilized. $150 or $500 who cares as long as she has to actually pay for her actions.

Video uploaded - Crappy edit, but it is what it is.

I put it in the first post. Enjoy the fruits of my agony.

It's all your fault. After all you "ruined her day", lol.
Yeah ok, that's not my fiancé. Though my wife can't drive any better.

Thanks for posting the video. Sorry you and your son had to go through that.

Lol. That video was great. I watched the whole thing laughing. I know crazies like that. Thanks for the entertainment. I hope she doesn't come after you. It wouldn't be a bad idea to move....

I thought the cop might slap her when she said that her "kid" in the back seat was actually a dog. Bwaaaahaaa.

We live in parallel universes. I'll be she's in her little universe right now telling everybody about her horrible encounter with you.

Why did you threaten to steal damage from that nice lady's car at the Chinese sushi place? Have some respect for humanity's time, you day ruiner.

Back