Sitting here drinking green beer........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smalliewader

Reaction score
Just bottled the first batch after a few years off. Now I'm enjoying that pint that's left over from the carboy. Nothing like the first pint of green beer to enjoy the fruit of your labor and get a taste of how good this will be in a few weeks

I love that first green pint.

I just bottled a hefeweizen last night and there's a pint glass of the leftover chilling in the keezer. I always drink the extra. Flat, green, whatever.

Ah yes, thats one of my favorite parts.. I actually fill a mug about half way up then I enjoy that while bottling. Good stuff :)!

Huh. I worked in Batavia years ago. I started siphoning off the good amount of beer under the level of the cooper's micro brew spigot to get another 6'r of bottles. Better for me to have more good beer later.
I now get 66 bottles out of a 23L batch.

Ah yes, thats one of my favorite parts.. I actually fill a mug about half way up then I enjoy that while bottling. Good stuff :)!

exactly.

i always make sure to take two or three extra hydrometer readings on bottling day. gotta make sure its accurate!!!!!!!

I know what you mean. I just bottled my first small BIAB batch today (I've done only extract recipes until now). I've been nervous about it because I did about a dozen things "wrong" during the brewing. I took a sip after my gravity reading, and was so happy it tasted like beer. Though I'm not sure I want to down a whole pint of it right now...

I worked at Ford's Batavia transaxle plant. And that brewing company sounds familiar. We lived in Amelia across from Roy Rodger's. Some may remember my modded Mustang CobraII running around the area.

Huh. I worked in Batavia years ago. I started siphoning off the good amount of beer under the level of the cooper's micro brew spigot to get another 6'r of bottles. Better for me to have more good beer later.
I now get 66 bottles out of a 23L batch.

I agree. I don't see any point in drinking substandard beer, when in a few weeks it will be great.

I worked at Ford's Batavia transaxle plant. And that brewing company sounds familiar. We lived in Amelia across from Roy Rodger's. Some may remember my modded Mustang CobraII running around the area.

I've been trying to figure out your handle. Uniondr... Union Doctor?

I agree with not drinking substandard beer. But when your filling up that last bottle and it comes up short. Treat for me :)

"unionrdr" is a contraction of "union rodder". I'm what is now called a "tuner guy",used to be called a hot rodder. And I was an auto worker for nearly 31 years,where you had to joint the UAW to work there (closed shop as it's known). Hence,the name.

Back