Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest IPA

Hoppy New Year label.jpg

My latest beer /beer label
"Beer in his hands Indian Pale Ale" - it was my thanksgiving beer and in the spirit, I used English and American ale yeast all feasting on the same grains.

beerinhishands-border.png

Two new labels (not sure what ABV I'll hit on the blonde yet)... one to replace an older version.

Shameless google image thief.

rough.jpg

Shes-a-WOW-Woman-Ordnance-Worker.jpg

So my 10 year old son was asked to draw me a picture of a horse for a label I wanted to do with my first brewday of 2015. I asked him to draw me several different ones and to put his own twist on them all. After showing me pictures he drew of a regular horse, an abstract horse, a ninja horse, and several others, I choose this one. :D
Here is his original art done up with a little software magic. Tell me what you think as he would also love to know.

10470618_10152479755596945_6626877753667379291_n.jpg

10411099_10152479755616945_1491391181736267058_n.jpg

That's awesome, My "Brewery" is based partly on kids art so I love the idea of using kids art on labels. My logo is a drawing a kid left for me when I worked at a restaurant years back....
5479320_orig.png

I teach English in Japan and the name is a name that a student made up that I thought was clever.. "Nomo" is the local dialect (Kansai) for "Nomou" Which is like an invitation to drink.. Nomo= "Let's Drink" "Dachi" means friend, but the more correct way to say it is "Tomodachi" so combining those two gives you "Nomodachi" My student said it's what he calls his drinking friends.

My label for my first beer is part of my "Exposure" series (I took a lot of photography classes in school and loved the experimentation in the darkroom, so this will be the series where I experiment"
It's eepa- or Double EPA, Double Exposure Ale. It's an India Pale Ale but I put an E instead of I cause it's my first beer and I messed up the beer so might as well mess up the spelling. Plus in Japanese if you write an "I" it is pronounced "E" Plus it fits in the exposure theme, and double exposed because when you expose something for too long it becomes super light, and due to an ordering mistake and some experimentation this will be a super light colored beer.

Anyways... I think I put too much thought into names and having a meaning behind them.
8213743_orig.png

(The QR code sends you to the beers check in UnTappd page, the other one to the website, which I'm still trying to make)

Heres a few I came up with, looking for feedback. Please tell me if its crap.
I am doing them as series, I will hand write the type/abv/bottle date for each kind of brew

One Bad Ride Label.jpg

TITANIUM.jpg

Label image refined.jpg

Label 2.jpg

Label 3.jpg

Brewing two more today..
1. My moms a kids artist and this is one of my faves of hers. I used to live near Mt. Hood and we moved from one side of the mountain to the other a few times growing up..
1395629_orig.png

2. Japanese people love mascots, and one of the most famous is a bear named Kumamon, and his face shows up everywhere. This is a vanilla coconut porter. (Also the name is Japanese kind of mean coconut bear)
8063340_orig.png

All the IBU's and all that need to be adjusted after I brew them, those are just from the template

Thought I should throw some of mine out there. Just basic Google Image snatching plus some text. Have started using Inkscape for the graphics as it is free, pretty powerful, multi-platform, and free, but does have a learning curve. So far I am staying with a fairly minimalist approach.

Here is the first one I did in OpenOffice:

red-dragon-ale-label-1-up-64627.png

This is for my Fat Tire clone (also OO):

flat-tire-1-up-64623.png

This is for an orange blossom honey wheat I made for the ladies in my life who don't like the darker hoppy brews I usually do (although it's my BIL's favorite too :D):

orange-blossom-honey-wheat-1-up-64624.png

These last two are for a series of single hop brews I am doing to learn about different hop flavors:

what-the-fuggle-1-up-64626.png

saaz-who-1-up-64625.png

Brew on :mug:

Not to piss in your cherrios but....

SAAZ: Pronounced “sahtz,” rhymes with “lots.”

Just as long as you don't piss in my beer :drunk:

Czech wasn't offered in my high school.:rolleyes: I doubt any of the folks I'll share a bottle with know anything about Czech pronunciation either. I'll be sure not to take any labeled bottles to my beer club meetings. :p

Birthday and xmas presents. Not as flash as all the other labels out there but I like em anyway!

B2iHvubCAAA9PVc.jpg

photo (1).JPG

@Imx3,

Thanks, I made the template myself and just plug stuff in on photoshop, Here's the photoshop template if you want..Label Also, I attatched a jpg if you don't have photoshop in case you want to use it for sizes. It's perfect bottle size IMO. Almost wraps all the way around and is spaced so only one section shows at a time.
I got most of my fonts from here... Fonts

Label Template.jpg

Two of my latest, kinda liking the format and think Im going to stay with this for a while. Pretty basic "cut and paste" Not sure why the color changed on the bomber label when i saved it, printed out as one solid color. So i just used 1 template hence all the ABV being the same, which they are not

ElDorado.jpg

Barleywine.jpg

Bomber.jpg

I dig the bomber one the most, and a a big fan simple templates like that

I might get impatient and brew this today, in a city next to me there is a 60foot tall statue of a robot that I love called Tetsujin 28. He has a long story that ties in to the label but I'll just stick with Tetsujin 95 instead of 28 cause that's the number I was originally shooting for for ibu'sim but I'll see what happens when I tweak the recipe a bit..
(My friend did the robot part, I darkened it and found the background. God bless photoshop)

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420356930.744569.jpg

Thought I should throw some of mine out there. Just basic Google Image snatching plus some text. Have started using Inkscape for the graphics as it is free, pretty powerful, multi-platform, and free, but does have a learning curve. So far I am staying with a fairly minimalist approach.

This is for my Fat Tire clone (also OO):

flat-tire-1-up-64623.png

This is for an orange blossom honey wheat I made for the ladies in my life who don't like the darker hoppy brews I usually do (although it's my BIL's favorite too :D):

orange-blossom-honey-wheat-1-up-64624.png

@doug293cz, where'd you get the cool pin-up art? I love that era of art, especially Elvgren's famous pin-ups.

@doug293cz, where'd you get the cool pin-up art? I love that era of art, especially Elvgren's famous pin-ups.

Thanks. I thought the nostalgic pin-up art would go well on a beer label. All my images have been found using http://images.google.com. I just use search terms based on the beer name. Have to look thru a lot of images tho.

@jbb3

Do you have a more up close pic of your label? I dig what I see at a distance, and I'm curious what it is up close

Latest posts

Back