Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I have a back ground in funeral service, I thought that I would try this for an IPA.

hop-in-the-grave copy (1).jpg

It's all right, your saved by the bell...

I checked on fermentation today.

I watched it for a Spano about 10 minutes and it was going insane.. Screech'ing and stuff. Figured better safe than sorry. thought the airlock was going to shoot out and zack attack me.. and make a gun shot noise like KAPOW...ski..

Would have had to pull my head in like a Turtle. I'll check on it Slater.

Roast my own coffee, and my brother and dad always joke that a guy straight from Guatemala is going to come and deliver my green coffee on his donkey...hence the name with home roasted coffee in the beer. Any suggestions on how to improve this would be awesome. I love all the labels on here and am just getting my feet wet in inkscape and GIMP. Second one is a Bourbon Barrel Stout as I recently moved to Nebraska I thought I would add that as well. Again any suggestions to make it better would be greatly appreciated. The Bourbon Barrel one doesn't print nearly as good as it should I assume because my printer isn't that great.

Chocoloate Coffee Stout.png

BourbonBarrel1.jpg

My first labels. These were printed off the work copier so the color quality was a little lacking. I'll probably print the rest at Staples or Office Max.

One of my friends is a close relative of Bill. Hope she likes it when I break it out for Xmas parties.

The milk adhesive method was super easy and effective, btw. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415970352.227654.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1415970370.568146.jpg

My latest label for my Peach/Pecan Dunkelweizen, the brew was modeled loosely on Shiner Cheer.

Deck the Halls with Dunkelweizen label.jpg

Here's one more. Strange IPA I brewed up with rosemary and sage. Still not sure if I like it but It's going on the table for Thanksgiving next week.

Golly Gobble 2014 Label Vertcl .jpg

It sure was... loosely.... it
was the darkeat thickest beer ive ever seen (hence the name)

Nice job Sanker! Here are my new ones for the past few batches. Having stickers done next week. All but the Shogun, which came out quite different than I expected (and how the label might portray it) are going into 750ml bottles with crown caps.

2014_Shogun3.jpg

2014-BarrelStout.jpg

2014-SnowDayIPA.jpg

2014-Xmas.jpg

DrunkPanther2_zps68df4da4.png

Bottled some malt liquor that those guys are going on

1121142054_zpsmn4ehgyb.jpg

bought some paper bags too... i like to have fun

1121142055_zpswxmyxryq.jpg

Here a few from last year, working on a few new ones now..... I'd love some feedback......

Ok, I'm slowly working my way through this thread....

I love how clean and simple these are.... everything is easy to read and gets the point across... and looks great.

Good job!

Read through this thread more than once, and love all the great labels. Here is my first attempts and wanted to share it with you guys. These are part of a 12 beers of Christmas (Radical Brewing) swap. I made the one for a friend's beer.

4th wise man 2a.jpg

juniper rye bock.png

strong arm barleywine 1.jpg

Those Star Wars ones are frikkin awesome, especially October Fett.

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

zapped70, I don't know where you get those fonts, but they are awesome.

All, I have just converted from using the pre-done Evermine templates to full-out Gimp. Gimp was kind-of a PITA to learn, but I came up to speed enough to do these labels in a few hours. What made it easier is that I used exactly the same format as my Evermine labels.

Eventually, I hope to break out of these templates and do some of the great stuff others have done here, but so far, so good, and thanks for all the tips about Gimp I got on this forum and for all the incredible inspiration.

The first label is for an annual flag football game played locally. The guy who organizes it plays up the hero-drama in a really funny way that I played off of in the side text. The beer is a Pliny the Elder clone and it turned out really well.

The second is for a second-in-show winning Rye Pale Ale that follows the classic homebrewer practice of naming a beer after one's dog. It's a Red's Rye IPA clone recipe that I got from a really experienced brewer and have been working on. Third time's a charm :)

RumbleLabelSingle.jpg

RubyLabelSingle.jpg

One for fun:
15 - Sour Gold Ale.jpg
Just some fun in paint, but I think it works for the feel of the label anyways. Really wish I could learn how to make much more complex ones like some of y'all.

A couple of years ago, I was reading the thread " Brewery Names - What's your story?" where brewers talked about how they named their home breweries. I developed a name for my brewery (Machine Alley Brewery) using an anagram of my name as was mentioned in that thread. After I got my name, I made a logo. Since I had "machine" in the name, I have always themed my beers on a sort of machine. Here is one of my recent brews. I got a trial copy of Photoshop and managed to create a logo for my brand, but I found Photoshop to be confusing and started making my labels in PowerPoint, which seems to not offer enough features to really do what I want. With PowerPoint I basically made a template and switch out the fonts, colors, and images with each batch. I then set up a Facebook page for my home brewery and now I post a label and picture of the beer every time I make a new batch.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417354255.262013.jpg

My first beer label...I needed to dust off my Paint Shop Pro skills (it's been a few years since I've done any GUI work). This was a fun "project" to obsess over this past weekend! I'm looking forward to making new labels down the road...next up is a Wit & a holiday Stout.

The warning label is from my Apple Pie "Shine" that I make; I carried it over to use on my beer labels just for grins.

There are sooo many bitchin' labels in this thread; hopefully mine stacks up!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417448251.314607.jpg

Got some help here in this forum and then my cousin took it and here we are now.... a universal label that I'll be able to write on for now.... until I narrow down to a few recipes instead of changing almost every time...ha.

Basic label... wanted something really clean...I think this does the trick. Have since changed Brewed to Bottled..

Simple Logo for the brewery name

Bottle Cap

I have always been happy with my labels coming out of Photoshop but lately been noticing that when I apply them to the bottle, the overall perception becomes quite different. You can see an example below. Think I will start modifying my approach to put more artwork in the center of the label and less spread out across the design so you get the full effect...

Since last Fall I have been paying to have "stickers" made by a local shop in my neighborhood. I just did three batches of stickers for $100 (150 total, 3 designs) which I find is worth it vs printing, cutting and glueing at home, which worked great for years. If you do print your own I suggest two critical things... HP "Brochure Paper" which is a great thickness and "Preserve It" spray which keeps the colors of inkjet prints brighter for years. You want to apply the spray ideally before cutting and outside due to the fumes. Since I am often bottle in the spring and fall in Portland, I found it impossible to spray and dry outside without the presence of rain :)

2014-12-05 18.28.41-1.jpg

2014-12-07 09.13.50.jpg

2014-BarrelStout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back