Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The beaches of Arkansas !! A new surfing destination :D
At least the IPA is good

My second all-grain brew, girlfriend came up with the name. I think a few commercial examples already have a similar name, but I thought it was funny so I rolled with it.

Beer Label.png

I'm a fan of simple, I've always liked how much more basic wine labels are than beer labels. Maybe it doesn't always fit beer, but I think it gives it a nice handcrafted, made in a farmhouse feel, if that makes sense

Your label looks excellent. Simple is oftentimes better, and I have tried to replicate a similar "wine-style" label in the past.

Did you design the elephant yourself?

Thanks! No, I didn't design it, my mom did, she has a children's art business so I use her pictures. Some of them are too childish, but others fit quite nicely. https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawberryPieDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name ( I hope it's not against the rules to link to a business, it's not to try to promote it, this isn't really the crowd, just to show the style)

There's some great content there. Would love to have the skills to illustrate like that. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I wish I could also. Unfortunately it didn't pass down to me. Thanks!

I've posted my label before, but it evolves over time, and this is what I'm doing now. I just change the name, style, ABV and ingredients for each label. Since I brew 5 gallons twice a month, but don't drink that much, I give away many bottles, and like those who get them to have a little info.
I've since put my main brewery logo into glassware, and made a rubber stamp of it for stamping onto 4-pack carriers as well.

Bottle Label - African Swallow.jpg

Black Island Brewing Logo.jpg

I use postage labels for a cheap and easy way to mark my bottles. normally it's just a simple label. stepping up for this one

rTrombone.png

lol, ink from China, 19 dollars for 4 black, and 2 of each colors (yellow, magenta, blue?)

most are black and white and printed from my laserjet

I've posted my label before, but it evolves over time, and this is what I'm doing now. I just change the name, style, ABV and ingredients for each label. Since I brew 5 gallons twice a month, but don't drink that much, I give away many bottles, and like those who get them to have a little info.
I've since put my main brewery logo into glassware, and made a rubber stamp of it for stamping onto 4-pack carriers as well.

Great job. Really digging this!

I love that one Cavernhill,

This was a test batch, so only 7 bottles. (I don't normally use plastic bottles, this was a first. 1 Liter bottles.)

Skittled Brains.png

bottled.jpg

It's been a busy month. Each label has a quote, usually from a kids book because it uses art my mom (a kids artist) makes.

The Blue Owl... "She had blue skin, And so did he. He kept it hid And so did she. They searched for blue Their whole life through, Then passed right by-And never knew.”

Rise... If you don't see the book you want to read on the shelf, write it"

Blue Stripe...(a red, but NEIPA style) "and all the colors I am inside, have not been invented yet"

The bear who was (names after a great cartoon)... believing takes practice

Captain Stormfield....Those who don't believe in magic will never find it

Dreamcatcher... I saw a man pursuing the horizon; Round and round they sped. I was disturbed at this; I accosted the man. “It is futile,” I said, "You can never —”

“You lie,” he cried, And ran on. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492528480.870077.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492528489.571310.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492528499.402157.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492528507.621902.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492528515.888884.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1492528524.140217.jpg

It's been a busy month. Each label has a quote, usually from a kids book because it uses art my mom (a kids artist) makes.

The Blue Owl... "She had blue skin, And so did he. He kept it hid And so did she. They searched for blue Their whole life through, Then passed right by-And never knew.”

Rise... If you don't see the book you want to read on the shelf, write it"

Blue Stripe...(a red, but NEIPA style) "and all the colors I am inside, have not been invented yet"

The bear who was (names after a great cartoon)... believing takes practice

Captain Stormfield....Those who don't believe in magic will never find it

Dreamcatcher... I saw a man pursuing the horizon; Round and round they sped. I was disturbed at this; I accosted the man. “It is futile,” I said, "You can never —”

“You lie,” he cried, And ran on. View attachment 397066View attachment 397067View attachment 397068View attachment 397069View attachment 397070View attachment 397071

Those are fantastic. Can you share a source of you paper? Are they sticky labels that are inkjet? Or resume type paper with spray tack or glue

Thanks! Yeah, inkjet. I use a paper called crapo (it's a Japanese company, that's where I live) but basically just a watercolor style paper. Then I give it a spray with varnish to waterproof it. I make the labels long enough to where the paper touches and then just tape the two ends together with a clear packing tape so no tape actually touches the bottle. Then when I'm finished with the bottle I just rip the label off. No sticky residue to clean up.

I like that idea, I am going to start spraying the labels for waterproofing. I have so many bottles that I collect that I usually don't reuse. Typically only bottle when bringing it somewhere and I will look into paper like that. Texture makes it. Should have moved the gradient a bit on original but oh well

I retooled my original imperial stout labels as I have 3 gallons aging on rye soaked Hungarian Oak cubes and hopefully enough to do at least 2 × 12 oz bottles of the original to compare.

View attachment 1492645815211.jpg

View attachment 1492645862413.jpg

Switched it up a bit to look a bit more old school and adjusted some of the text.

WjYWI00.png

Personally I dig the airplane more. It focused my eyes more on there name and then the plane, but that gave me more of a feeling of the days when flying meant something and people wrote suits. Like being in the sky and among the clouds was a classy placed to be, and more respected. Makes these beer seem more refined IMHO

Back