Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Senormac,
If you are asking about " a clockwork orange" It is based off a NB kit called "La Petite Orange"
It reminds me of what a Blue Moon should taste like. Malt forward, caramel, coriander, zest of 2 large oranges, hints of clove from Wyeast Belgian Abby yeast (I forgot the #) Finishes nice and dry.

This one's priming.

image.png

I like the creativity in this thread. Of course, brewing beer is creative too, but I have a soft spot for graphics and artwork and photoshop :)

2 questions. What software (preferable free) do people use? I like he designs with a big picture in the middle and the writing on both sides. Also where do you order from? I've used bottlemark before but just for caps.

2 questions. What software (preferable free) do people use? I like he designs with a big picture in the middle and the writing on both sides. Also where do you order from? I've used bottlemark before but just for caps.
Inkscape or Gimp are a couple freebies.

I like Inkscape personally for open source. It lets you scale to any size you want without loss. I'm a old school photoshop nerd myself been using it for almost 20 years

I used to use PhotoShop but made myself figure out how to use Gimp about 5 years ago. Now I use Gimp and love it! Inkscape has a steeper learning curve IMO and I've only used it for a bottle cap graphic when ordering from bottlemark.com. They have great tutorials on their site for helping you do just that.

For Mac users, the free programs (GIMP, Inkscape, etc...) are available, too. But, there are some relatively low-cost options, too:

Pixelmator does 90% of what Adobe Photoshop does, for $30. Photo editing and pixel-based graphics.

Graphic (formerly iDraw, until it was bought by AutoDesk) is a good substitute for Adobe Illustrator, also $30. This is a vector-based illustration app.

These are what I use.

For a little bit more ($50 each), Affinity Photo (pixel/photo) and Affinity Designer (vector/illustration) look very good, also.

Here's a first draft of the label for the maiden voyage on my new brewing setup (should be rockin' and rollin' in a month).

I'll clean up the wave and change the fonts a bit, and I appreciate any feedback/criticism from you guys.

Q5be0UC.png

I have no actual criticism, but wanted to say that looks really awesome! Great work. Mind sharing what program this was made in?

I have no actual criticism, but wanted to say that looks really awesome! Great work. Mind sharing what program this was made in?

Much appreciated. I designed it using Photoshop. Illustrator would probably be easier but I have no idea how to use it. I just fumble my way around until something presentable comes out.

Latest posts

Back