Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my kegerator, made from an old Fridgidare chest freezer. I brew my own cider, it's loaded now with my Wizard Brew at 9% and Dragon Breath at about 18%. My son made the tap handles for me for Father's Day last year. The scars on the kegerator came from last year's Halloween party... it was a great party!
Keg.jpg
Taps 1.jpg

Serves 4.
3712-IMG_9828.JPG

Inside holds 5 cornies...
3712-IMG_9822.JPG

The old kegerator now is used as a fermemting chamber.
3712-IMG_9833.JPG
oIIIIIo, This looks like exactly what I am building now. I have 4 Perlion Taps with the same tray just below the freezer. I am stuck on what size lines to use however. I'm pretty sure I already have the manifold, but I got busy on somethomg else and this project has bern sitting idol for years. I'd like to finish it up and put it to use. Any recommendations for line sizes.

Last edited:
oIIIIIo, This looks like exactly what I am building now. I have 4 Perlion Taps with the same tray just below the freezer. I am stuck on what size lines to use however. I'm pretty sure I already have the manifold, but I got busy on somethomg else and this project has bern sitting idol for years. I'd like to finish it up and put it to use. Any recommendations for line sizes.

Hello all, I have been reading these forums for some time now getting many great ideas and tips and recently moved into all grain brewing. Figured I would share my drinking setup. Working on a brew rig currently.

I have two keezers with 4 CO2 taps in each and two nitro taps in one (even though can only fit max of 5 kegs at a time.
Still need to figure out a good drip tray solution, or at least make smaller tap handles so they do not get knocked open as often! Floor has a tendency to end up a bit sticky behind the bar.

(PS, don't mind the writing on the chalkboard, took the picture around the holidays right after I had family with young cousins over, not some crazy beer formula.)

Attachments

• IMG_4438.JPG
    IMG_4438.JPG
    504.1 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_4436.JPG
    IMG_4436.JPG
    623.9 KB · Views: 468
Just gave mine a facelift...now just have to fill it up.

Attachments

• 648F30E8-7D8B-4B64-B384-41E4E3DAB43C.jpeg
    648F30E8-7D8B-4B64-B384-41E4E3DAB43C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 283
Converted 7 cu. ft. chest freezer with chalkboard paint. Made a bottom stand on casters to move it, not realizing when it's full...this thing ain't going anywhere :)...splurged for the Perlicks.
keg.JPG
keg.JPG keg.JPG

I like your copper draft tower.
Cheers, it just fits three 8mm beer lines. If I built it again, I would go for a wider diameter pipe, but it works, and is easily disassembled if it springs a leak..

Here's my kegerator, made from an old Fridgidare chest freezer. I brew my own cider, it's loaded now with my Wizard Brew at 9% and Dragon Breath at about 18%. My son made the tap handles for me for Father's Day last year. The scars on the kegerator came from last year's Halloween party... it was a great party!View attachment 570049 View attachment 570051

Looks great! Random question... what shanks are you using with your Perlicks on this tower and are they all SS?

Hello all, I have been reading these forums for some time now getting many great ideas and tips and recently moved into all grain brewing. Figured I would share my drinking setup. Working on a brew rig currently.

I have two keezers with 4 CO2 taps in each and two nitro taps in one (even though can only fit max of 5 kegs at a time.
Still need to figure out a good drip tray solution, or at least make smaller tap handles so they do not get knocked open as often! Floor has a tendency to end up a bit sticky behind the bar.

(PS, don't mind the writing on the chalkboard, took the picture around the holidays right after I had family with young cousins over, not some crazy beer formula.)

mmcquire this is sweet! Do you have any photos of your build?

Just finished the basement, finally.

Summit Appliance SBC635MBINK:

Added a Kegworks brushed stainless 14” tower with dual Perlick faucets and a 5# CO2 Tank in the fridge. The inaugural sixth-barrels were Golden Road Wolf Pup and Urban Chestnut Zwickel.

Cheers, it just fits three 8mm beer lines. If I built it again, I would go for a wider diameter pipe, but it works, and is easily disassembled if it springs a leak..

What diameter pipe did you use and how did you transition from the tee fitting to the shank thread?

Thanks,
Mark

20180525_160540.jpg

If anyone is interested, Best Buy has these 7.0cf Insignias for 159 for memorial weekend. Will fit 3 kegs only though

I’m getting ready to do my first keezer collar. I’m going with 2x8’s. I know nothing about lumber. Any types of wood to look for or avoid for the collar?

I’m getting ready to do my first keezer collar. I’m going with 2x8’s. I know nothing about lumber. Any types of wood to look for or avoid for the collar?
Your best bet: go to a reputable lumber dealer and tell them what you want to do. They should be happy to help.

Been a work in progress. Started building it 4 years ago and once it worked i figured oh ill finish that next week. Just put on the pallet boards 2 weeks ago. Some day I will put a top on it.
JnrvJpa3o0SYPBOlSq_4gr3bNgQonRl8fZySe2htJOUuIEC-d0mk2RihNquSNqoGtV5_NLdyq9ED53RcKCOgnS9fi-arHn4bawLxRfOgnJemtbFL1vcC7y1JkFyfsrRsEAkkFn8u0Gpgvk2HK4kBu0vnu2fRTfD3EUsjo7yFL1bi4rM7Mlh_366UIAka8KyqL23NB-R79dZn8eaykT8ZESwQmavK2d_CTIJDZmO-IiQCZqJ-5c0eq9XVs3n5eB0q4hC1kqr4E3AAPzDwoGpaGCCMyiBdaTXQjIFifWtofNYQNrJIh6cpPR-ZPbSI57su2za5cBkCvHCZLYCeLK0ZL8RM6QVrokhgEASU9pla4_6qjlMkOlgIKOw7k0caShlSic3KHXoqjGt1jX8jY4h52OVLmtZOIRqYCA5ZOnvxAeSaynbyYDeX4IIIyRSxUF1wu5JJTtq4GIaEYThcgm_4WIb7ufFLP9lyuK3v9AFHhU8JZg_Ha9XaX2Qsx5qkjyYrWBSdBRJnkSRYlNzi3StOEfnAX6irdAZvdq8O3l-_qfe1ti2CcM3mhA1FMzz2iKqK1tJZO7rl8Gpw7r95CDLtfiObGc9caqAZujnp8lwx=w1200-h900-no

Been a work in progress. Started building it 4 years ago and once it worked i figured oh ill finish that next week. Just put on the pallet boards 2 weeks ago. Some day I will put a top on it.
JnrvJpa3o0SYPBOlSq_4gr3bNgQonRl8fZySe2htJOUuIEC-d0mk2RihNquSNqoGtV5_NLdyq9ED53RcKCOgnS9fi-arHn4bawLxRfOgnJemtbFL1vcC7y1JkFyfsrRsEAkkFn8u0Gpgvk2HK4kBu0vnu2fRTfD3EUsjo7yFL1bi4rM7Mlh_366UIAka8KyqL23NB-R79dZn8eaykT8ZESwQmavK2d_CTIJDZmO-IiQCZqJ-5c0eq9XVs3n5eB0q4hC1kqr4E3AAPzDwoGpaGCCMyiBdaTXQjIFifWtofNYQNrJIh6cpPR-ZPbSI57su2za5cBkCvHCZLYCeLK0ZL8RM6QVrokhgEASU9pla4_6qjlMkOlgIKOw7k0caShlSic3KHXoqjGt1jX8jY4h52OVLmtZOIRqYCA5ZOnvxAeSaynbyYDeX4IIIyRSxUF1wu5JJTtq4GIaEYThcgm_4WIb7ufFLP9lyuK3v9AFHhU8JZg_Ha9XaX2Qsx5qkjyYrWBSdBRJnkSRYlNzi3StOEfnAX6irdAZvdq8O3l-_qfe1ti2CcM3mhA1FMzz2iKqK1tJZO7rl8Gpw7r95CDLtfiObGc9caqAZujnp8lwx=w1200-h900-no

Very nice. I'm thinking about building a wooden facade around my Keezer, with enough space at the side to house the C02 tank, with a little trap door to hide it. I was thinking about using pallets as well, but wasn't sure if it would look 'rustic' or just broken and dirty. But I like the look of yours.

Nice tap handles @mmcquire !!! How did you attach that drip tray? That is what I am trying to figure out now.

Last edited:
Hy! This is my first post in this forum, and I wanna show my freshly built kegerator, with the first tapped beer on it. I hope you guys will like it.
Cheers!
M1Xpv6Z

- A Broncos fan from Hungary, Europe

33663467_2239645299385626_3536234410896523264_n.jpg
33688783_2239645376052285_4999937979515404288_n.jpg

Very nice. I'm thinking about building a wooden facade around my Keezer, with enough space at the side to house the C02 tank, with a little trap door to hide it. I was thinking about using pallets as well, but wasn't sure if it would look 'rustic' or just broken and dirty. But I like the look of yours.

Thanks for the compliments. If you go with the pallet look be aware the boards are different thicknesses. I used a support in the middle of the keezer to screw into and also make a gap for heat. The screws I used worked good for the thinner boards but didn't leave enough threads for thicker boards and had to redo a couple. Also if using screws, the wood likes to split so pre-drilling helps. The gap on the right has 2x 20lb Co2 tanks. One is a spare.

Back