Show us your glassware!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxStout

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
[Not sure if a similar thread exists, apologies in advance if there is...]

Show us your glassware collections.

I have a homemade cabinet perched atop my beer fridge. It's getting full. And kind of a disheveled mess.

Glassware.jpg

Space is at a premium at our city house so things get repurposed to fit the space available. The sofa table behind the couch started life as a stand I built for my wife’s electric keyboard. When she loaned the keyboard to her sister we discovered it was the perfect height to fit behind the couch. When I built my keezer, a couple of years ago, it was in the garage. I built a small wall cabinet to keep glassware in above the keezer. When winter arrived, and I couldn‘t keep the faucets from freezing, the keezer found a home behind the couch and the cabinet turned out to be just the right size to fit under the table.

The top shelf is kind of a catchall for beer koozies, coasters, and spare o-rings but there is space for about a dozen glasses on the lower shelves.
3260EE3A-F005-46E0-A688-D05210AD4FD2.jpeg

F3EB96F0-44CB-4541-9F8F-C61937B3397C.jpeg

My wife and one of her friends went downtown today to have lunch and cruise some of the little specialty shops there. One of the “antique malls” (permanent flea markets) was having a moving sale, as they’re moving into a different building at the end of the month. She scored this Grain Belt mug for a few bucks. It’s a nice, heavy, vessel.
BD48722D-FDDF-4895-BA70-410CA5BEA784.jpeg

The single greatest glassware choice I've made so far was buying miniature pint glasses. Nine ounces. When you want more than one beer, but you want to be able to drive without waiting 6 hours, they're great. Excellent for serving samples to people so they don't throw out a pint of beer every time they start blubbering about the scary IBU's they're not used to.

23 10 20 Happy Halfwit Ale in small glass small.jpg

Some people collect keychains, others magnets, some postcards. I feel this thread is calling me out. I have a weakness for collecting pint glasses from memorable places. I will also steal them (with the bartender's permission) from places that don't sell them. The occasional gifted one too.

My wife never passes up an opportunity to tell me we have too many pint glasses. We have a cabinet in the kitchen to back her up.

There's more than pictured (a lot more), but I rotate them out from time to time.

20240124_204829.jpg

I made a rule that I would only use give-away type nonics for beers I take into the garage/workshop/yard/anywhere breakage is a strong possibility - so basically used by default. Then I save my nice branded glasses for guests or special occasions.

Since then, I've only broken one junk glass, and three nice ones. Go figure.

I had actually started a similar thread a while back:
Thread 'Grant a glance at your glassware' Grant a glance at your glassware

I had a suspicion there would be another thread lurking somewhere. Funny, I did some keyword searches on this site before posting mine and found nothing.

Wouldn't be the first time we had multiple threads on a subject.

Carry on.

Back