Sausage for Oktoberfest!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apache_brew

Reaction score
It’s been several years since we threw an Oktoberfest party. Just finished prepping 20 lbs of German Bratwurst and 20 lbs of Portuguese Linguica. These will get washed down with 35 gallons of Helles Bock, Festbier, Munich Dunkel, and a Hazy IPA (for the hipsters…)

Prost!

Capture.JPG

IMG_7838.jpeg

IMG_7841.jpeg

IMG_7847.jpeg

IMG_7851.jpeg

IMG_7852.jpeg

IMG_7938.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice going!
I just made a pork shoulders worth of Brats myself, almost the same recipe as yours (mine doesn't have the marjoram or cardamom).
I'm washing mine down with home brewed Maibock and Schwarzbier.

View attachment 830305
Awesome! Those look great and fantastic beer pairing. How did you cook them? I'm thinking of just grilling mine over a light bed of charcoal on the day of the party.

Awesome! Those look great and fantastic beer pairing. How did you cook them? I'm thinking of just grilling mine over a light bed of charcoal on the day of the party.

I usually simmer (not boil) them in beer with onions for about 15 minutes then they go over charcoal or my pellet smoker to char them up a bit.
Then serve them on a bun with chopped onion, sauerkraut, and mustard.

Back