Salaam Aleikum from Kuwait!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerkHouse

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, I had a guest account for a year, then I finally created a free account and now I'm a proud lifetime member. Anyway...

I live in Kuwait most of the year where all alcohol production and consumption is strictly prohibited, which means... I just have to be reeeally sneaky about it. :)

So, I'm not new to the forum, but this is my first post. (I can't post from Kuwait or I'd risk being tracked down and imprisoned. Seriously!)

I spend most of my summers here in North Carolina where I don't have the space, time, or equipment to brew, but would like to get together with a few homebrewers in my area if possible. Most of my brews in Q8 are Porter, Stout, Dunkel, and Schwarzbier styles, though I have made a few witbier, hefeweizen, and pilsners.

Brian

Edit: I just noticed this was actually my 2nd post.

well then sneaky brewing to you my brother. I feel like i saw a episode of Locked Up over seas that sounded just like this. I wish you good luck in all your fermentable endeavors!

I'm not sure of a permissible response or even if you are allowed to wish a non Muslim a Salaam. So I will just say ..."And upon you too". Brewing beer is something that has been around for ages and will be around for many thousand more years........ Welcome to HBT, PerkHouse I look forward to the day we can get together and brew a oak aged 55 gallon batch together. Hopefully in Kuwait. North Carolina scares me.

Ya, I'm not sure what the rules are either because in Q8, all rules are just suggestions anyway. But all of the (100s of) Muslims I've met there use the Arabic "Salaam aleikum" and it's response "Wa aleikum salaam" to everyone, Muslim or not.

It would be nice to brew openly or to go sit at a pub and watch as people enjoy their shisha (incorrectly referred to as hookah in the States) as they do now along with a glass of wine or beer, but it's not likely to happen soon. It has been interesting to watch the intensifying conservativism in both the Christian and Islamic worlds. I don't have first hand experience, but I wonder if the same thing is happening in Buddhist and Hindu (etc) realms.

Latest posts

Back