New brewer from Wisconsin, but not a Brewers fan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadHop

Reaction score
Hi,
My gf gave me a Mr Beer kit. I let it sit for a couple years before getting around to brewing it. It got me interested and I started reading a lot about brewing and now I'm very interested. I'm now the proud owner of a Northern Brewer Deluxe Kit and lots of high hopes. I'm a complete greenhorn rookie (brewer, not drinker) and I bow in honor and respect of the knowledge and experience I will find here.

IPAs are my main love because I like intense flavor presence, but I can enjoy anything from a pale ale to a Hefeweizen, doppelbock, or a stout once my taste buds get used to it. Hoppy, malty, yeasty, all are good in their own way, just not watery.

My heritage is all German, and I've been there once. It was a good time, and there was plenty of good beer from all over Europe and the world. Mostly Kolsch though, because it was summer, and our trip was in the western part of the country and stopped in Cologne for an awesome pub crawl, Cologne being the home and only source of true Kolsch.

I'm here to learn, have fun, and contribute to the community the best I can.

Beer is a wondrous thing. Four simple ingredients, yet it can be so mysterious. Thousands of possible recipes, with one desired outcome, pleasure and enjoyment.

Prost, and thank you all for the time you put in to this forum.

Mysterious Ways - U2

edit roast em, toast em, stew em....smoke em, all kinds of fun to have with barley sprouts!

Welcome! :mug:

Back